|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author claim he feels protective over in the Prologue?
(a) His agent.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) The characters.
2. What causes John's wife to change the way she treats her husband in "Nervous Condition"?
(a) A cat with her kittens.
(b) A dog with her puppies.
(c) John loses his job.
(d) John has an affair.
3. What happens to the person the man encounters on the bridge?
(a) He is a ghost.
(b) She finds her mother.
(c) He dies.
(d) She marries.
4. In the Interlude, what does Oedipus think will happen if people follow Cassandra's line of thinking?
(a) There would be no more religion.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) Myths would change.
(d) There would be no more war.
5. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
(a) Emotional context.
(b) Hand gestures.
(c) Sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author suggest is the issue with communicating at the start of Part 2?
2. What does Billy like to cut up in "Projection"?
3. When, in "Projection", do Billy's parents decide to take him to a doctor?
4. Why does the man in "An American Holly" move the plant?
5. What do the lamb's friends say about her fear?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)