|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Projection", what does Billy want to be when he grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A serial killer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A cop.
2. What is the man in the "The Bridge" responsible for?
(a) Getting supper on the table.
(b) Saving his business.
(c) Saving someone's life.
(d) His family.
3. How does the man treat his plant in the story "An American Holly"?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He tries to kill it.
(d) He loves it.
4. What does the doctor think about Billy in "Projection"?
(a) Billy is sad.
(b) Billy is normal.
(c) Billy is dying.
(d) Billy is angry.
5. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
(b) Hand gestures.
(c) Emotional context.
(d) Sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the birds in "Soaring" looking forward to?
2. Why are Billy's parents worried in "Projection"?
3. Who, in "Nervous Condition" does John marry?
4. What does the man in ""An American Holly" promise to do after he returns from a trip with his family?
5. What happens to John's nervous condition at the end of the story?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)