|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the baby bird in "Soaring" refuse to give his parents satisfaction over?
(a) His achievement.
(c) His birth.
(d) His career.
2. What lessons do the morals in Part 2 encourage?
(d) Good marriage.
3. Who warns the lamb about her friends' advice?
(a) A member of the forest community.
(b) The farmer.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What is John's nervous condition?
(a) He is afraid of taxis.
(b) His mother beat him.
(c) He doesn't like the rain.
(d) His nerve endings are outside his body.
5. What does the man in "The Power of Belief," try to convince people of?
(a) He is smart.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is a horse.
(d) He is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did Edwin H. Friedman face in writing his fables?
2. What do baby bird and his parents ultimately fight for in "Soaring"?
3. Who, in "Nervous Condition" does John marry?
4. How does the man treat his plant in the story "An American Holly"?
5. How does baby bird feel towards his parents in "Soaring"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)