|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in the "The Bridge" responsible for?
(a) Saving someone's life.
(b) His family.
(c) Getting supper on the table.
(d) Saving his business.
2. What is John's nervous condition?
(a) His mother beat him.
(b) His nerve endings are outside his body.
(c) He doesn't like the rain.
(d) He is afraid of taxis.
3. What causes John's wife to change the way she treats her husband in "Nervous Condition"?
(a) John loses his job.
(b) A dog with her puppies.
(c) John has an affair.
(d) A cat with her kittens.
4. Who warns the lamb about her friends' advice?
(a) A member of the forest community.
(b) The farmer.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What distracts the moth in ""Round in Circles"?
(a) A closet filled with coats.
(b) A car.
(c) A bright light.
(d) A human.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the report in "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family"?
2. Why are Billy's parents worried in "Projection"?
3. What is the other animal in "Round in Circles" trying to get out of?
4. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
5. In "The Failure of Syntax", what does Edwin H. Friedman claim communication does not depend on?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)