|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Billy's parents worried in "Projection"?
(a) His drawings are violent.
(b) His bed is unmade.
(c) He gets F's in school
(d) They are losing their jobs.
2. What is the man in the "The Bridge" responsible for?
(a) Saving his business.
(b) His family.
(c) Saving someone's life.
(d) Getting supper on the table.
3. Why is John shocked at his wife's behavior at the end of "Nervous Condition"?
(a) No one has treated him like this.
(b) She used to be mean.
(c) He didn't think she loved him.
(d) His wife has no personality.
4. What animal is the moth confused by in "Round in Circles"?
(a) A fly.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fish.
(d) A cat.
5. What is John's nervous condition?
(a) He doesn't like the rain.
(b) He is afraid of taxis.
(c) His mother beat him.
(d) His nerve endings are outside his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns the lamb about her friends' advice?
2. How does the moth try to help the other animal in "Round in Circles"?
3. In "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family", what is the conclusion of the report?
4. What happens to John's nervous condition at the end of the story?
5. Who does the man encounter in "The Bridge" when he crosses the bridge?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)