|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person whom the man encounters on the bridge ask him to do?
(a) Get her a hanky.
(b) Embrace him.
(c) Hold the rope.
(d) Find her mother.
2. What happens to the moth at the end of "Round in Circles"?
(a) He wins a medal.
(b) He dies.
(c) He saves the cat.
(d) He opens the window.
3. Who warns the lamb about her friends' advice?
(a) A member of the forest community.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The farmer.
(d) Her father.
4. Why are Billy's parents worried in "Projection"?
(a) His bed is unmade.
(b) He gets F's in school
(c) His drawings are violent.
(d) They are losing their jobs.
5. How do people treat John because of his nervous condition?
(a) They make sure he never takes a taxi.
(b) They are oversenstive to his needs.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They buy him umbrellas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author claim he feels protective over in the Prologue?
2. When, in "Projection", do Billy's parents decide to take him to a doctor?
3. What does communication depend on in "The Failure of Syntax"?
4. In "Raising Cain: A Case History of the First Family", what is the conclusion of the report?
5. Who, in "Nervous Condition" does John marry?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)