|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Bonds and Binds, Fables 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family doctor ask the man in "The Power of Belief"?
(a) "Can I see your bank statement?"
(b) "What is your name?"
(c) "Do dead men bleed?"
(d) "Do horses speak?"
2. What challenge did Edwin H. Friedman face in writing his fables?
(a) He was sued by his ex-wife.
(b) The editors wanted to revise them.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He could not find the source of his fables.
3. In the story "Jean and Jane", how do Jean and Jane know each other?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Aunt and cousin.
4. Who does the man in "The Power of Belief" see in order to fix him?
(a) A vet.
(b) A priest and a shrink.
(c) A handsome man.
(d) An exorcist.
5. What happens to the Virus in the 3rd section of the story?
(a) He comes home.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He becomes malignant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bird couple in "Soaring" feel about their youngest?
2. What does Cassandra believe people should do instead of seek answers?
3. What do baby bird and his parents ultimately fight for in "Soaring"?
4. What is the name of the bird couple in "Soaring"?
5. What does baby bird discover one morning upon waking?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)