Prologue, The Failure of Syntax, Fables 1 - 2
• The author introduces his fables and laments over how the editors tried to change his characters.
• The Failure of Syntax
• This story discuss how emotional content is the most important aspect of language not grammar.
• The Bridge
• A man is in a rush to make a life altering choice in his life.
• On his way he crosses a bridge where a man with a rope is standing.
• He is asked to hold the rope and then the man jumps off the bridge.
• The man must decide whether to pursue his opportunity or save the other man.
• After putting the choice in the dangling man hands he drops the rope.
• A Nervous Condition
• In this story a man is born with his nerves on the outside of his body.
• Everyone is oversensitive to the man's needs including his wife.
• When his...
This section contains 1,492 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)