|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the patron who commissioned Kahlo to paint a portrait for the New York Opening of Kahlo's art exhibit?
2. How did Rivera act when he did not get what he wanted?
3. Who did Kahlo have an affair with, that went so far as the two of them got an apartment together?
4. What type of teaching style did Kahlo use?
5. In 1940, how did assassins try to kill Trotsky in his bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frida paint for the patron Clare Boothe Luce, who commissioned a portrait for the New York Opening of Frida's art exhibit?
2. Where was Frida invited to teach and what was her teaching style?
3. How did Rivera and Frida's friends describe their marriage in Chapter 21?
4. What did Frida write in her diary just days before her death?
5. In Chapter 13, how was Frida and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
6. In 1950, Frida became very ill and remained in the hospital for over a year; how did she decorate her room?
7. How did Frida become as her illness worsened?
8. Despite Frida's declining heath, how did she attend an art exhibit honoring her in 1953?
9. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
10. How did Rivera and Frida fall away from the Trotskites?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frida and Rivera were both artists, and both very well known. Yet, they had styles that were entirely their own. Examine the changes in Frida's painting style , and compare her painting to Rivera's. How did Frida and Rivera's painting styles differ? How were they the same? Did they rely on each other for advice with their painting? Did they use water colors, chalk, or pencils? How was their particular painting style reflective of their personality?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 9 and 10, Frida and Rivera traveled to America for Rivera's exhibitions. They both had different views on America. Explore Frida and Rivera's experiences in America, comparing and contrasting the two. Why did Frida and Rivera travel to America in Chapter 9? How did Rivera feel about America versus Frida? What was the first city that they stayed in? What did Frida say the American people looked like? Who did Frida meet of great importance while in America?
Essay Topic 3
In Frida, a Biography of Frida Kahlo, there are objects and places of importance throughout the text. Analyze the different objects and places of importance and their affect on Frida's life. Why would Frida's clothing and jewelry be important? How were the different cities that Frida and Rivera visited in America of importance? What other objects are of importance in the biography?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)