|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kahlo have an affair with, that went so far as the two of them got an apartment together?
2. What part of Kahlo's body was amputated?
3. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that indicated she had had yet another miscarriage?
4. Who did Kahlo make a part of her closest circle of friends in response to Kahlo leaving her in Chapter 21?
5. What did Kahlo write in her diary in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frida write in her diary just days before her death?
2. Where was Frida invited to teach and what was her teaching style?
3. How was Rivera's affair with sculptor Isamu Noguchi revealed?
4. In 1939, Frida sailed to Paris; how did she first feel about the city?
5. Which students continued to work with Frida even after she started teaching from home?
6. How did Rivera and Frida's friends describe their marriage in Chapter 21?
7. Despite Frida's declining heath, how did she attend an art exhibit honoring her in 1953?
8. What affair of Rivera's particularly affected Frida in Chapter 21?
9. Did Frida ever forgive her sister for having an affair with Rivera?
10. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15 of Frida, a Biography of Frida Kahlo, Frida sailed to Paris where she learned more about the Surrealist movement. Research the Surrealist movement and analyze its affect on Frida. Where did the Surrealism movement begin? What is a Surrealist? How was Frida introduced into Surrealism? How was Frida's artwork affected by the Surrealism movement?
Essay Topic 2
Until the time of her death, Frida's life would be a struggle against death and decay after the bus accident. Explore what role pain and suffering represent in Frida's life. How did Frida changed after the bus accident? How did Frida reflect her pain into her paintings? How did Frida demonstrate her strong will to her friends and family? How did Frida's pain compare both physically and personally? How did her pain make her a stronger person in life?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Diego Rivera re-entered Frida's life. Analyze the character of Diego Rivera, and study his and Frida's relationship in the beginning stages. How did Frida meet Rivera a second time? What was it about each other that Rivera and Frida were attracted to? How old was Rivera compared to Frida? How did Rivera and Frida's personalities complement each other?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)