|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Kahlo on September 17, 1925 that forever altered her life?
2. What increased as a result of Kahlo and Rivera's courtship becoming more and more intense?
3. What type of house did Kahlo and Rivera move into after they got married?
4. Who did Rivera marry in 1922 who was also his mistress?
5. Whose head did Rivera want to paint beside the head of Abraham Lincoln in his mural?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frida do to try and gain Rivera's attention in Chapter 3?
2. While at the National Preparatory School, who did Frida date that her parents disapproved of?
3. Who was a member of Frida's close group of friends, the Cachuchas, and what did they do together?
4. What was one of the key reasons for Frida and Rivera's success in their eventual marriage?
5. Why did the environment begin to grow hostile for Rivera in Chapter 11?
6. Why did many of Frida's friends see her bus accident as destiny?
7. How did Frida's father, Guillermo, meet his second wife, Frida's mother?
8. What was Arias elected to in 1929?
9. How did Guillermo treat Frida compared to his other daughters?
10. How did Frida introduce herself to Rivera?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frida' father Guillermo Kahlo, had an important impact on Frida and when recalling her life she always fondly remembered her father. Analyze Frida's father, Guillermo, and examine how he affected Frida. How did Frida and Guillermo feel about each other? Why was Frida Guillermo's favorite daughter? How did Guillermo meet Frida's mother? What did Guillermo encourage Frida to do? What was Guillermo's profession and how was it affected during the Mexican Revolution? How was he affected?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the biography of Frida Kahlo, she struggled tremendously with her health, suffering through her pain. However, she always managed to endure and persevere with her amazing paintings that inspire others. Examine the theme of determination throughout the biography of Frida Kahlo. What is the definition of determination? How did Frida show her determination in Chapter 23 when she was honored at an art exhibit in Mexico? How did Frida show her determination even as a small child? Besides her determination about beating her physical pain, where else in Frida's life did she show determination?
Essay Topic 3
The beginning of Frida Kahlo's life is explored in the first chapter of the book, Frida, a Biography of Frida Kahlo. Explore Frida's childhood and analysis major events that affected her life. Who were Frida's parents and how did they meet? How did Frida get into painting? What type of upbringing did Frida have? What kind of child was Frida?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)