|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Rivera marry in 1922 who was also his mistress?
2. Who did Kahlo dance with at a party in Detroit, who was famous?
3. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
4. What was the strongest reason that Kahlo is permitted to attend such an impressive school as the National Preparatory School?
5. What is the color of the house where the story of Frida Kahlo's life begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did many of Frida's friends see her bus accident as destiny?
2. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
3. What was one of the key reasons for Frida and Rivera's success in their eventual marriage?
4. Who was a member of Frida's close group of friends, the Cachuchas, and what did they do together?
5. What was Arias elected to in 1929?
6. How did Guillermo treat Frida compared to his other daughters?
7. How was Diego Rivera described in Chapter 3?
8. After leaving Detroit and returning to New York, what did Rivera begin to do?
9. What happened to Frida's family during the Mexican Revolution?
10. How were Frida and Rivera married in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2 of Frida, a Biography of Frida Kahlo, The Mexican Revolution was taking place. Research the Mexican Revolution, and examine its affect on Frida's family. When did the Mexican Revolution occur? What were the reasons behind the Mexican Revolution? How was Frida's family affected by the revolution?
Essay Topic 2
Frida and Rivera's involvement with Trotsky became an important one because of his political implications. Examine Trotskyism and analyze its affect on Frida and Rivera. Who was Leon Trotsky? What was Trotskyism and how did Rivera and Frida become interested? What was Frida's relationship to Trotsky? What country was Leon Trotsky from? Why did he come to Mexico?
Essay Topic 3
Frida' father Guillermo Kahlo, had an important impact on Frida and when recalling her life she always fondly remembered her father. Analyze Frida's father, Guillermo, and examine how he affected Frida. How did Frida and Guillermo feel about each other? Why was Frida Guillermo's favorite daughter? How did Guillermo meet Frida's mother? What did Guillermo encourage Frida to do? What was Guillermo's profession and how was it affected during the Mexican Revolution? How was he affected?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)