|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built Kahlo's home, in Chapter 1?
2. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
3. How many students, total, were in attendance at the National Preparatory School when Kahlo attended?
4. What is the name of the street that Kahlo's house, in Chapter 1, is located?
5. How would the stories that Rivera told be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frida dress herself?
2. Why did Frida not paint often during the first few months of her marriage to Rivera?
3. Why did the environment begin to grow hostile for Rivera in Chapter 11?
4. After leaving Detroit and returning to New York, what did Rivera begin to do?
5. What happened to Frida after she was in a horrible bus accident in Chapter 4?
6. Why did many of Frida's friends see her bus accident as destiny?
7. How did Frida's father, Guillermo, meet his second wife, Frida's mother?
8. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
9. How did Frida feel about her new experience visiting America with Rivera in Chapter 9?
10. Who was a member of Frida's close group of friends, the Cachuchas, and what did they do together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frida and Rivera were both artists, and both very well known. Yet, they had styles that were entirely their own. Examine the changes in Frida's painting style , and compare her painting to Rivera's. How did Frida and Rivera's painting styles differ? How were they the same? Did they rely on each other for advice with their painting? Did they use water colors, chalk, or pencils? How was their particular painting style reflective of their personality?
Essay Topic 2
In Frida, a Biography of Frida Kahlo, there are objects and places of importance throughout the text. Analyze the different objects and places of importance and their affect on Frida's life. Why would Frida's clothing and jewelry be important? How were the different cities that Frida and Rivera visited in America of importance? What other objects are of importance in the biography?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the biography of Frida Kahlo, she struggled tremendously with her health, suffering through her pain. However, she always managed to endure and persevere with her amazing paintings that inspire others. Examine the theme of determination throughout the biography of Frida Kahlo. What is the definition of determination? How did Frida show her determination in Chapter 23 when she was honored at an art exhibit in Mexico? How did Frida show her determination even as a small child? Besides her determination about beating her physical pain, where else in Frida's life did she show determination?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)