|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kahlo write in her diary in Chapter 24?
(a) That she knew she was dying.
(b) That she was scared of dying.
(c) That she wished she would have died years ago.
(d) That she wanted to die.
2. Who did Rivera fall in love with and even thought about leaving Kahlo for?
(a) Marcia Fuentes.
(b) Maugerite Fowler.
(c) Mary Fuller.
(d) Maria Felix.
3. Since she couldn't spend all day alone, who did Kahlo visit with for entertainment while in Paris?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Natalia Trotsky.
(c) Marcel Duchamp.
(d) Jacqueline Breton.
4. What began to happen as Kahlo started to lose her grip on life?
(a) She became depressed and withdrawn.
(b) Her behavior became wild and more erratic.
(c) Her behavior became angry and more violent.
(d) She became hyper and inflicted pain on herself.
5. In Chapter 21, what did Kahlo continue to paint the changing landscape of?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Her marriage with Rivera.
(c) Her affairs.
(d) Her many changing locations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kahlo refuse to do with her paintings, despite her need to sell paintings to live?
2. What did Kahlo still find difficult despite the increase in her popularity?
3. What was done to help Kahlo in Mexico in Chapter 23?
4. What movement did Kahlo learn about while staying in Paris?
5. How many students remained loyal to Kahlo and maintained a friendship with her for years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
2. What did the success of Rivera and Frida's marriage depend upon?
3. What affair of Rivera's particularly affected Frida in Chapter 21?
4. How did Rivera and Frida fall away from the Trotskites?
5. Did Frida ever forgive her sister for having an affair with Rivera?
6. How was Rivera's affair with sculptor Isamu Noguchi revealed?
7. How was Frida's approach to Surrealism different than European Surrealists?
8. Why did Frida have her leg amputated, and how did it affect her?
9. In Chapter 13, how was Frida and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
10. How did Frida's painting career begin to take off in Chapter 19?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)