|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical aspect about Rivera did Kahlo laugh at?
(a) His bread.
(b) The way he dresses.
(c) His hair.
(d) His size.
2. In 1953, what was arranged in Mexico despite Kahlo's declining health?
(a) A dinner honoring Rivera and Kahlo.
(b) A one-person art exhibit honoring her.
(c) A party to celebrate her birthday.
(d) A public demonstration of her painting.
3. What did Kahlo write in her diary just days before her death?
(a) "I hope the exit is colorful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
(b) "I hope the exit is joyful - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
(c) "I hope the exit is quiet - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
(d) "I hope the exit is beautiful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
4. Who came to live with Rivera and Kahlo after living in nine years of exile?
(a) Guerillma and Naricca.
(b) Leon and Natalia.
(c) Isamu and Matilde.
(d) Luis and Maria.
5. What did Kahlo refuse to do with her paintings, despite her need to sell paintings to live?
(a) Make her work more salable in order to gain profits.
(b) Mass produce her work.
(c) Sell at discount prices.
(d) Do more self-portraits for people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1940, how did assassins try to kill Trotsky in his bedroom?
2. How was Kahlo and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
3. Why type of movement did not catch on in Mexico despite the high hopes of Europeans?
4. How did Kahlo treat Rivera during their marriage?
5. Why was the loss of a body part such a huge blow to Kahlo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite Frida's declining heath, how did she attend an art exhibit honoring her in 1953?
2. What affair of Rivera's particularly affected Frida in Chapter 21?
3. Why did Frida have her leg amputated, and how did it affect her?
4. What did Frida paint for the patron Clare Boothe Luce, who commissioned a portrait for the New York Opening of Frida's art exhibit?
5. What did Frida write in her diary just days before her death?
6. How did Frida become as her illness worsened?
7. Which students continued to work with Frida even after she started teaching from home?
8. How did Frida's painting career begin to take off in Chapter 19?
9. In 1950, Frida became very ill and remained in the hospital for over a year; how did she decorate her room?
10. What did Frida's painting, The Little Deer represent?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)