|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Kahlo and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
(a) When Rivera was angry with Kahlo, he could simply lock the bridge that connected their upstairs.
(b) When Kahlo was angry with Rivera, she could simply lock the bridge that connected their upstairs.
(c) Rivera painted murals in each room of their house.
(d) Kahlo painted murals in each room of their house.
2. What two cities did Kahlo visit in order to participate in a show in Chapter 19?
(a) New York City and Mexico City.
(b) New York City and Detroit.
(c) Mexico City and San Francisco.
(d) San Francisco and Detroit.
3. What type of relationships did Kahlo begin to explore that Rivera looked upon favorably?
(a) Homosexual realtionships.
(b) Relationships with other men.
(d) New friendships.
4. How did Kahlo treat Rivera during their marriage?
(a) As his friend.
(b) As his mother.
(c) As his enemy.
(d) As his sister.
5. How did Kahlo change after Rivera's affair became public?
(a) From an adoring bride to a more complex woman.
(b) From a complex woman to a bitter wife.
(c) From a loving wife to a bitter ex-wife.
(d) From a talent artist to a housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What painting of Kahlo's depicted her wearing a necklace of thorns reminiscent of Jesus on the cross?
2. As Kahlo's health declined, her devotion to Communism intensified; what did she add to her portraits?
3. Who came to live with Rivera and Kahlo after living in nine years of exile?
4. In what year did Kahlo sail to Paris?
5. What did Kahlo write in her diary in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rivera and Frida fall away from the Trotskites?
2. How was Rivera's affair with sculptor Isamu Noguchi revealed?
3. In Chapter 13, how was Frida and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
4. What did Frida do to herself one month after her divorce with Rivera became final?
5. In 1939, Frida sailed to Paris; how did she first feel about the city?
6. What did Rivera and Frida tell the press was the reason for their divorce?
7. In 1950, Frida became very ill and remained in the hospital for over a year; how did she decorate her room?
8. What did Frida's painting, The Little Deer represent?
9. Did Frida ever forgive her sister for having an affair with Rivera?
10. Where was Frida invited to teach and what was her teaching style?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)