|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the loss of a body part such a huge blow to Kahlo?
(a) She did not think Rivera would love her anymore.
(b) She didn''t know how she would ever be able to paint again.
(c) She was embarrassed at losing a body part at such a young age.
(d) Her sense of identity and self-esteem were heavily linked to her outward appearance.
2. What did Kahlo claim that she never knew she was until it was put upon her in Paris?
(a) Being a Resistance fighter.
(b) Being an Impressionist.
(c) Being an Anarchist.
(d) Being a Surrealist.
3. How did the students that Kahlo taught feel about her?
(a) They adored her.
(b) They were scared of her.
(c) They mocked her.
(d) They hated her.
4. What did Kahlo give Trotsky after ending their affair in Chapter 14?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A painting.
(d) Some money.
5. What type of teaching style did Kahlo use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Kahlo since she was not immediately happy with the city of Paris?
2. How many students remained loyal to Kahlo and maintained a friendship with her for years?
3. Why type of movement did not catch on in Mexico despite the high hopes of Europeans?
4. How did Kahlo treat Rivera during their marriage?
5. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that she says has special importance to her in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rivera and Frida fall away from the Trotskites?
2. What painting did Kahlo create the day her divorce papers came through, and what did it represent?
3. How was Rivera's affair with sculptor Isamu Noguchi revealed?
4. In 1950, Frida became very ill and remained in the hospital for over a year; how did she decorate her room?
5. Despite Frida's declining heath, how did she attend an art exhibit honoring her in 1953?
6. What affair of Rivera's particularly affected Frida in Chapter 21?
7. What did Frida's painting, The Little Deer represent?
8. In Chapter 13, how was Frida and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
9. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
10. What did Frida do to herself one month after her divorce with Rivera became final?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)