|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Kahlo since she was not immediately happy with the city of Paris?
(a) She began to paint very depressing pictures.
(b) She ended up ill in the American Hospital.
(c) She wrote letters home complaining of the city.
(d) She became very depressed.
2. What was done to help Kahlo in Mexico in Chapter 23?
(a) A bed was delivered to the party and Kahlo was brought in on a stretcher and placed on the bed.
(b) A bed was delivered to the exhibit and Kahlo was brought in on a stretcher and placed on the bed.
(c) A bed was delivered to the demonstration and Kahlo was brought in on a stretcher and placed on the bed.
(d) A bed was delivered to the dinner and Kahlo was brought in on a stretcher and placed on the bed.
3. How did Kahlo disguise her artificial body part?
(a) By wearing gloves.
(b) By wearing long sleeved shirts.
(c) By wearing flowing skirts.
(d) By wearing boots.
4. What movement did Kahlo learn about while staying in Paris?
(a) The Surrealist movement.
(b) Resistance movement.
(c) Anarchist movement.
(d) Impressionism movement.
5. Why type of movement did not catch on in Mexico despite the high hopes of Europeans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kahlo refuse to do with her paintings, despite her need to sell paintings to live?
2. Why was the loss of a body part such a huge blow to Kahlo?
3. How did Kahlo's doctors feel about her heading to Mexico in Chapter 23?
4. What physical aspect about Rivera did Kahlo laugh at?
5. What did Kahlo destroy in order to highlight her loneliness and demonstrate her defiant feelings to be left alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which students continued to work with Frida even after she started teaching from home?
2. In Chapter 13, how was Frida and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
3. What did Frida paint for the patron Clare Boothe Luce, who commissioned a portrait for the New York Opening of Frida's art exhibit?
4. How did Rivera and Frida fall away from the Trotskites?
5. What painting did Kahlo create the day her divorce papers came through, and what did it represent?
6. Did Frida ever forgive her sister for having an affair with Rivera?
7. In 1939, Frida sailed to Paris; how did she first feel about the city?
8. Where was Frida invited to teach and what was her teaching style?
9. What did Frida's painting, The Little Deer represent?
10. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)