|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1953, what was arranged in Mexico despite Kahlo's declining health?
(a) A public demonstration of her painting.
(b) A one-person art exhibit honoring her.
(c) A party to celebrate her birthday.
(d) A dinner honoring Rivera and Kahlo.
2. What happened to Kahlo since she was not immediately happy with the city of Paris?
(a) She ended up ill in the American Hospital.
(b) She became very depressed.
(c) She began to paint very depressing pictures.
(d) She wrote letters home complaining of the city.
3. What did Kahlo write in her diary just days before her death?
(a) "I hope the exit is beautiful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
(b) "I hope the exit is quiet - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
(c) "I hope the exit is colorful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
(d) "I hope the exit is joyful - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
4. How did Kahlo's relationship with Rivera begin to change after they moved into the San Angel house?
(a) She took on a more maternal tone, where she cared for him as a mother would for a child rather than a lover.
(b) She began to despise him and draw herself away from him.
(c) They became even more passionate for each other.
(d) He took on a more paternal role, where he cared for her more as a father woul a child rather than a lover.
5. What painting of Kahlo's depicted her wearing a necklace of thorns reminiscent of Jesus on the cross?
(a) An Unfinished Marraige.
(b) My Ring.
(c) The Two Fridas.
(d) A Life Torn Apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kahlo do upon hearing about Rivera's different conquests?
2. What did Kahlo receive that helped her to get over the loss of her body part?
3. Rivera despaired Kahlo's illness; what did he tell people he would do if he was stronger?
4. Who was listed as a prime suspect in the attempted assassination of Trotsky?
5. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that she says has special importance to her in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which students continued to work with Frida even after she started teaching from home?
2. Why didn''t Surrealism catch on in Mexico?
3. How did Frida become as her illness worsened?
4. Despite Frida's declining heath, how did she attend an art exhibit honoring her in 1953?
5. What painting did Kahlo create the day her divorce papers came through, and what did it represent?
6. What did Frida do to herself one month after her divorce with Rivera became final?
7. How was Rivera's affair with sculptor Isamu Noguchi revealed?
8. What did Rivera and Frida tell the press was the reason for their divorce?
9. What did the success of Rivera and Frida's marriage depend upon?
10. Why did Frida have her leg amputated, and how did it affect her?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)