|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Kahlo's personality compared to Rivera's personality?
(a) Complemented and challenged.
(b) Large in comparison.
(c) Small in comparison.
(d) In unision with Rivera's.
2. Who built Kahlo's home, in Chapter 1?
(a) Gomez Rivera.
(b) Alejandro Kahlo.
(c) Guillermo Kahlo.
(d) Diego Rivera.
3. Why were people starting to find fault with Rivera's work?
(a) Some that he used too much color.
(b) Some thought he copied other's work.
(c) Some thought he relied too much on Kahlo.
(d) Some thought it obscene; others sacrilegious.
4. What happened to Kahlo when she became ill after leaving New York in Chapter 11?
(a) Her right foot seemed paralyzed.
(b) Her left foot seemed paralyzed.
(c) Her right hand seemed paralyzed.
(d) Her left hand seemed paralyzed.
5. Who had Rivera accepted commissions from that he was now having complaints about in Chapter 9?
(a) The Mexican government and Chile.
(b) The Mexican government and the United States.
(c) The United States and Germany.
(d) Germany and the Mexican government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kahlo's mother passed away in Chapter 10 after having what removed?
2. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that was in reference to a man who murdered his lover?
3. Who did Rivera marry in 1922 who was also his mistress?
4. Who did Kahlo dance with at a party in Detroit, who was famous?
5. How soon did Kahlo's first relapse come after her accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frida create the painting Henry Ford Hospital?
2. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
3. What happened to Frida after she was in a horrible bus accident in Chapter 4?
4. How did Frida introduce herself to Rivera?
5. What happened to Frida's family during the Mexican Revolution?
6. Why did the environment begin to grow hostile for Rivera in Chapter 11?
7. How did Frida's father, Guillermo, meet his second wife, Frida's mother?
8. How were Frida's paintings compared to Rivera's?
9. How was Diego Rivera described in Chapter 3?
10. How did Frida use painting to help her cope with her pain?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)