|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Rivera's wife, who became quite jealous of all the time that Rivera spent with Kahlo?
(a) Lupe Marin.
(b) Matilde Lorpe.
(c) Lorraine Moria.
(d) Maria Mendes.
2. What year did Kahlo claim that she was born?
3. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that was in reference to a man who murdered his lover?
(a) My Tears.
(b) My Dress Hangs There.
(c) Where I Left My Heart.
(d) A Few Small Nips.
4. Who was the person that taught Kahlo what Rivera's favorite foods were?
(a) Lupe Marin.
(b) His children.
(c) His mother.
(d) His maid.
5. What day was Frida Kahlo born?
(a) July 6, 1910.
(b) July 6, 1908.
(c) July 6, 1909.
(d) July 6, 1907.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rivera when he met Kahlo again in Chapter 6?
2. Who was Kahlo's clique not particularly respectful to at the National Preparatory School?
3. What is now painted on the wall of Kahlo's home in Chapter 1?
4. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
5. Who did Kahlo dance with at a party in Detroit, who was famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frida use painting to help her cope with her pain?
2. What were Rivera and Frida invited to New York for in Chapter 9?
3. Why did the environment begin to grow hostile for Rivera in Chapter 11?
4. What was so impressive about Frida being permitted to attend the National Preparatory School?
5. Why did many of Frida's friends see her bus accident as destiny?
6. Why did Frida not paint often during the first few months of her marriage to Rivera?
7. How did Frida's painting change as her courtship with Rivera intensifies?
8. How were Frida and Rivera married in Chapter 8?
9. How did Frida introduce herself to Rivera?
10. Why did Frida create the painting Henry Ford Hospital?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)