|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kahlo's parents said that her match with Rivera in marriage was like what?
(a) A bear and a kitten.
(b) An elephant and a dove.
(c) A lion and a lamb.
(d) A tiger and a doe.
2. What was the strongest reason that Kahlo is permitted to attend such an impressive school as the National Preparatory School?
(a) Her father, Guillermo.
(b) Her mother, Maria.
(c) Her mother, Matilde.
(d) Her father, Alejandro.
3. What did Kahlo borrow from Rivera in Chapter 7?
(a) Some of his clothing.
(b) Some of his painting supplies.
(c) His car.
(d) Some of his techniques.
4. What did Kahlo spend a great deal of time and attention to, even during her sickest times?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her painting.
(d) Her looks.
5. What did Kahlo's painting in Chapter 5 seem to represent?
(a) The pain of growing up.
(b) The possibilites of life that were so far away from the broken Kahlo.
(c) A culmination of ideas.
(d) A synthesis of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kahlo introduce herself to Rivera?
2. What was the name of Kahlo's painting in Chapter 5 that depicted her feelings of paralysis and despair?
3. How many children did Rivera have in Chapter 6?
4. What causes Kahlo's family into penury, whereas before they had lived a comfortable lifestyle?
5. In what year did Kahlo enroll in the National Preparatory School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was a member of Frida's close group of friends, the Cachuchas, and what did they do together?
2. What did Frida's painting, The Broken Column, depict?
3. Why did Frida create the painting Henry Ford Hospital?
4. What was revealed about the blue house on Londress Street in Chapter 1 of Frida?
5. How were Frida's paintings compared to Rivera's?
6. How did Frida feel about her new experience visiting America with Rivera in Chapter 9?
7. How was Diego Rivera described in Chapter 6?
8. How did Frida dress herself?
9. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
10. How did Frida introduce herself to Rivera?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)