|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that was in reference to a man who murdered his lover?
(a) My Tears.
(b) Where I Left My Heart.
(c) A Few Small Nips.
(d) My Dress Hangs There.
2. What type of surgeon was the doctor that Kahlo met in America, who helped her the rest of her life?
3. Where was Rivera hoping to move his murals to by working hard in Detroit?
(a) The Mexican Cultural Center.
(b) The Rockefeller Center.
(c) The San Francisco Museum of Art.
(d) The New York House of Art.
4. What causes Kahlo's family into penury, whereas before they had lived a comfortable lifestyle?
(a) His illness.
(b) The Mexican Revolution.
(c) The recession.
(d) Their mother' illness.
5. Who did Rivera start to hear complaints from regarding who he had taken commissions from?
(a) His wife, Kahlo.
(b) His Capitalist party.
(c) His Communist party.
(d) His family and friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kahlo's mother tried to raise her daughters with a traditional Mexican upbringing; what two things did she enforce?
2. What did Kahlo do to Rivera in hopes of gaining his attention while he was at the National Preparatory Academy?
3. Right after they returned to Mexico in Chapter 9, where were Rivera and Kahlo invited to have an exhibition?
4. What type of ceremony did Kahlo and Rivera decide to have when they married?
5. What did Kahlo contract when she was six years old that caused her to spend nine months confined to a room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was a member of Frida's close group of friends, the Cachuchas, and what did they do together?
2. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
3. What happened to Frida's family during the Mexican Revolution?
4. What was one of the key reasons for Frida and Rivera's success in their eventual marriage?
5. How were Frida's paintings compared to Rivera's?
6. Why did many of Frida's friends see her bus accident as destiny?
7. How did Frida's father, Guillermo, meet his second wife, Frida's mother?
8. Why did Frida create the painting Henry Ford Hospital?
9. What was Arias elected to in 1929?
10. What were Rivera and Frida invited to New York for in Chapter 9?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)