|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many girls were in Kahlo's clique at the National Preparatory School?
2. What was Kahlo's clique's favorite activity at the National Preparatory School?
(a) To paint portraits of each other.
(b) To take turns reading out loud from their favorite books.
(c) To sing songs.
(d) To find a better book than the others, finish it first and dramatize it in front of the other members.
3. What about Kahlo entranced Rivera?
(a) Her quiet demeanor.
(b) Her talent.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her spunk and freshness.
4. Who did Kahlo write passionate letters to that showed her strong will, not just to endure the pain, but to live life fully?
(a) Rivera and her friends.
(b) Her father and her friends.
(c) Her mother and her friends.
(d) Arias and her friends.
5. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that was in reference to a man who murdered his lover?
(a) Where I Left My Heart.
(b) A Few Small Nips.
(c) My Dress Hangs There.
(d) My Tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the person that taught Kahlo what Rivera's favorite foods were?
2. How did the environment around Rivera change as his mural was partly finished in Chapter 11?
3. What did an article in the New York World-Telegram call Rivera's unfinished mural?
4. What are a group of painters commissioned to create for the National Preparatory School?
5. How would the stories that Rivera told be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frida's painting, My Dress Hangs There, symbolize?
2. What was one of the key reasons for Frida and Rivera's success in their eventual marriage?
3. Who was Leo Eloesser, and how did he help Frida?
4. How was Diego Rivera described in Chapter 6?
5. How did Frida use painting to help her cope with her pain?
6. How did Frida's painting change as her courtship with Rivera intensifies?
7. After leaving Detroit and returning to New York, what did Rivera begin to do?
8. How were Frida and Rivera married in Chapter 8?
9. Why did Frida create the painting Henry Ford Hospital?
10. What did Frida do to try and gain Rivera's attention in Chapter 3?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)