|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Kahlo sail to Paris?
2. What began to happen as Kahlo started to lose her grip on life?
(a) She became depressed and withdrawn.
(b) She became hyper and inflicted pain on herself.
(c) Her behavior became angry and more violent.
(d) Her behavior became wild and more erratic.
3. How did Kahlo's doctors feel about her heading to Mexico in Chapter 23?
(a) They told her she will be fine.
(b) They told her she will die if she leaves.
(c) They forbid her to move.
(d) They told her to be careful.
4. At what school was Kahlo was invited to teach?
(a) La Evangelina.
(b) La Emelia.
(c) La Esmeralda.
(d) La Esmerada.
5. Who was listed as a prime suspect in the attempted assassination of Trotsky?
6. How many students remained loyal to Kahlo and maintained a friendship with her for years?
7. How did Rivera act when he did not get what he wanted?
(a) He cried and begged.
(b) He pouted and became upset.
(c) He screamed and yelled.
(d) He locked himself in his room.
8. What did Kahlo still find difficult despite the increase in her popularity?
(a) Selling paintings.
(b) Being happy with herself.
(c) Traveling so much.
9. What type of teaching style did Kahlo use?
10. What did Kahlo do a month after her divorce became final and was the same thing she did when learning of her husband's affair with her sister?
(a) She cut her hair short.
(b) She dyed her hair blond.
(c) She dyed her hair red.
(d) She shaved her head.
11. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created to depict the pain she was suffering through?
(a) The Little Deer.
(b) The Little Lamb.
(c) The Little Bird.
(d) The Little Dove.
12. Who did Kahlo make a part of her closest circle of friends in response to Kahlo leaving her in Chapter 21?
(a) Mary Fuller.
(b) Maria Felix.
(c) Marcia Fuentes.
(d) Maugerite Fowler.
13. What was Kahlo selected to be for Seminario de Cultura Mexicana?
(a) To be among the founding members.
(b) To be artist of the year.
(c) To donate her favorite paintings.
(d) To perform a tutorial on painting.
14. How did Kahlo disguise her artificial body part?
(a) By wearing long sleeved shirts.
(b) By wearing boots.
(c) By wearing flowing skirts.
(d) By wearing gloves.
15. What did Kahlo and Rivera start keeping as pets as child-like replacements?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Rivera fall in love with and even thought about leaving Kahlo for?
2. Whose children came to represent family for Kahlo since she couldn't have children of her own?
3. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that she says has special importance to her in Chapter 16?
4. How did Kahlo's relationship with Rivera begin to change after they moved into the San Angel house?
5. Who did Kahlo have an affair with, that went so far as the two of them got an apartment together?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)