|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Kahlo's body was amputated?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her arm.
2. How did Kahlo change after Rivera's affair became public?
(a) From a talent artist to a housewife.
(b) From an adoring bride to a more complex woman.
(c) From a loving wife to a bitter ex-wife.
(d) From a complex woman to a bitter wife.
3. How did Rivera act when he did not get what he wanted?
(a) He pouted and became upset.
(b) He locked himself in his room.
(c) He screamed and yelled.
(d) He cried and begged.
4. How did Kahlo treat Rivera during their marriage?
(a) As his enemy.
(b) As his sister.
(c) As his friend.
(d) As his mother.
5. Who did Kahlo make a part of her closest circle of friends in response to Kahlo leaving her in Chapter 21?
(a) Marcia Fuentes.
(b) Mary Fuller.
(c) Maria Felix.
(d) Maugerite Fowler.
6. What did Kahlo do upon hearing about Rivera's different conquests?
(a) Laugh and say she is happy about it.
(b) Become very angry and start tearing up his stuff.
(c) Tease and some say, even enjoy hearing about his different conquests.
(d) Create very powerful paintings.
7. In 1953, what was arranged in Mexico despite Kahlo's declining health?
(a) A one-person art exhibit honoring her.
(b) A public demonstration of her painting.
(c) A dinner honoring Rivera and Kahlo.
(d) A party to celebrate her birthday.
8. Who did Rivera fall in love with and even thought about leaving Kahlo for?
(a) Maria Felix.
(b) Marcia Fuentes.
(c) Mary Fuller.
(d) Maugerite Fowler.
9. What two cities did Kahlo visit in order to participate in a show in Chapter 19?
(a) San Francisco and Detroit.
(b) New York City and Detroit.
(c) New York City and Mexico City.
(d) Mexico City and San Francisco.
10. As Kahlo's health declined, her devotion to Communism intensified; what did she add to her portraits?
(c) Tiny portraits of politicians.
(d) Flags and inscriptions.
11. What was the name of the patron who commissioned Kahlo to paint a portrait for the New York Opening of Kahlo's art exhibit?
(a) Cameron Bass Larance.
(b) Clare Boothe Luce.
(c) Contance Blithe Lully.
(d) Cassandra Barely Lott.
12. Why type of movement did not catch on in Mexico despite the high hopes of Europeans?
13. In 1950, Kahlo went to the hospital in Mexico City; how long did she stay there?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
14. What movement began to lose popularity in the 1940's, and Kahlo resisted being associated with a dying trend?
15. Who did Kahlo have an affair with, that went so far as the two of them got an apartment together?
(a) Isamu Noguchi.
(b) Leon Trotskyites.
(c) Luis Trattini.
(d) Islander Nokali.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Rivera and Kahlo seen by friends in their marriage?
2. How old was Rivera when he and Kahlo remarried?
3. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that she says has special importance to her in Chapter 16?
4. What did Kahlo begin to do in Chapter 13 that made her behavior seem less civilized and more "indecent'?
5. Since she couldn't spend all day alone, who did Kahlo visit with for entertainment while in Paris?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)