|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what school was Kahlo was invited to teach?
(a) La Evangelina.
(b) La Esmerada.
(c) La Emelia.
(d) La Esmeralda.
2. Who was listed as a prime suspect in the attempted assassination of Trotsky?
3. What did Kahlo give Trotsky after ending their affair in Chapter 14?
(a) A ring.
(b) Some money.
(c) A letter.
(d) A painting.
4. How were Rivera and Kahlo seen by friends in their marriage?
(a) As merely roommates.
(b) As bitter enemies.
(c) As sacred monsters.
(d) As best friends.
5. How did the students that Kahlo taught feel about her?
(a) They mocked her.
(b) They adored her.
(c) They were scared of her.
(d) They hated her.
6. What did Kahlo and Rivera start keeping as pets as child-like replacements?
7. Who did Kahlo and Rivera turn away and break their political views from in Chapter 15?
8. Why did Kahlo move out of the people's home she was staying with in Paris and into her own apartment?
(a) The Noguchi's began to irritate her.
(b) The Breton's began to irritate her.
(c) The Trotsky's began to irritate her.
(d) The Marin's began to irritate her.
9. Who did Kahlo stay with while she was in Paris?
(a) Andre and Jacqueline Breton.
(b) Lupe and Ruth Marin.
(c) Leon and Natalia Trotsky.
(d) Isamu and Matilde Noguchi..
10. What was Kahlo selected to be for Seminario de Cultura Mexicana?
(a) To perform a tutorial on painting.
(b) To be artist of the year.
(c) To be among the founding members.
(d) To donate her favorite paintings.
11. What type of teaching style did Kahlo use?
12. What was the name of the patron who commissioned Kahlo to paint a portrait for the New York Opening of Kahlo's art exhibit?
(a) Clare Boothe Luce.
(b) Cassandra Barely Lott.
(c) Cameron Bass Larance.
(d) Contance Blithe Lully.
13. What did Kahlo refuse to do with her paintings, despite her need to sell paintings to live?
(a) Mass produce her work.
(b) Make her work more salable in order to gain profits.
(c) Sell at discount prices.
(d) Do more self-portraits for people.
14. Why type of movement did not catch on in Mexico despite the high hopes of Europeans?
15. Who stated to the Mexican press that he no longer had "moral solidarity" with Rivera?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement did Kahlo learn about while staying in Paris?
2. How did Kahlo treat Rivera during their marriage?
3. What did Kahlo receive that helped her career to take off?
4. Who came to live with Rivera and Kahlo after living in nine years of exile?
5. What did Kahlo claim that she never knew she was until it was put upon her in Paris?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)