|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what school was Kahlo was invited to teach?
(a) La Emelia.
(b) La Esmerada.
(c) La Evangelina.
(d) La Esmeralda.
2. What painting of Kahlo's depicted her wearing a necklace of thorns reminiscent of Jesus on the cross?
(a) My Ring.
(b) A Life Torn Apart.
(c) An Unfinished Marraige.
(d) The Two Fridas.
3. What was the name of the painting that Kahlo created that indicated she had had yet another miscarriage?
(a) My Baby.
(b) My Broken Heart.
(c) My Tears.
(d) My Nurse and I.
4. Why did Kahlo request that her students come to see her at her home instead of at the school?
(a) She was no longer welcome at the school.
(b) She wanted the students to use her tools.
(c) The long commute was taxing her health.
(d) She disliked the impersonal setting of the school.
5. How did Rivera act when he did not get what he wanted?
(a) He screamed and yelled.
(b) He cried and begged.
(c) He locked himself in his room.
(d) He pouted and became upset.
6. Who did Kahlo stay with while she was in Paris?
(a) Leon and Natalia Trotsky.
(b) Lupe and Ruth Marin.
(c) Isamu and Matilde Noguchi..
(d) Andre and Jacqueline Breton.
7. What did Kahlo decorate her hospital room with in Chapter 22?
(a) Painted sugar skulls and candelabra.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Flowers and plants.
(d) Pictures from her past.
8. What began to happen as Kahlo started to lose her grip on life?
(a) She became hyper and inflicted pain on herself.
(b) She became depressed and withdrawn.
(c) Her behavior became angry and more violent.
(d) Her behavior became wild and more erratic.
9. What type of relationships did Kahlo begin to explore that Rivera looked upon favorably?
(a) Relationships with other men.
(b) New friendships.
(c) Homosexual realtionships.
10. Since she couldn't spend all day alone, who did Kahlo visit with for entertainment while in Paris?
(a) Jacqueline Breton.
(b) Natalia Trotsky.
(c) Marcel Duchamp.
(d) Andre Breton.
11. Who was listed as a prime suspect in the attempted assassination of Trotsky?
12. In 1940, how did assassins try to kill Trotsky in his bedroom?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Machine guns.
(d) A bomb.
13. What physical aspect about Rivera did Kahlo laugh at?
(a) His bread.
(b) His size.
(c) The way he dresses.
(d) His hair.
14. In Chapter 21, what did Kahlo continue to paint the changing landscape of?
(a) Her marriage with Rivera.
(b) Her many changing locations.
(c) Her affairs.
(d) Her pain.
15. Why was the loss of a body part such a huge blow to Kahlo?
(a) She did not think Rivera would love her anymore.
(b) She was embarrassed at losing a body part at such a young age.
(c) Her sense of identity and self-esteem were heavily linked to her outward appearance.
(d) She didn''t know how she would ever be able to paint again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kahlo write in her diary just days before her death?
2. What did Kahlo do a month after her divorce became final and was the same thing she did when learning of her husband's affair with her sister?
3. What movement did Kahlo learn about while staying in Paris?
4. How was Kahlo and Rivera's relationship symbolized by the house that they lived in?
5. What happened to Kahlo since she was not immediately happy with the city of Paris?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)