|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Rivera and Kahlo seen by friends in their marriage?
(a) As merely roommates.
(b) As best friends.
(c) As bitter enemies.
(d) As sacred monsters.
2. How did Kahlo change after Rivera's affair became public?
(a) From a talent artist to a housewife.
(b) From an adoring bride to a more complex woman.
(c) From a loving wife to a bitter ex-wife.
(d) From a complex woman to a bitter wife.
3. Why was a part of Kahlo's body amputated?
(a) Her foot was amputated due to gangrene and poor circulation.
(b) Her leg was amputated due to gangrene and poor circulation.
(c) Her arm was amputated due to gangrene and poor circulation.
(d) Her hand was amputated due to gangrene and poor circulation.
4. Rivera despaired Kahlo's illness; what did he tell people he would do if he was stronger?
(a) Stay with her.
(b) Find a way to relieve her pain.
(c) Kill her to relieve her suffering.
(d) Leave her.
5. Who came to live with Rivera and Kahlo after living in nine years of exile?
(a) Luis and Maria.
(b) Guerillma and Naricca.
(c) Leon and Natalia.
(d) Isamu and Matilde.
6. What was the name of the patron who commissioned Kahlo to paint a portrait for the New York Opening of Kahlo's art exhibit?
(a) Clare Boothe Luce.
(b) Cameron Bass Larance.
(c) Cassandra Barely Lott.
(d) Contance Blithe Lully.
7. In Chapter 19, in what type of show did Kahlo participate?
(a) An Impressionism show.
(b) A Resistance show.
(c) An Archist show.
(d) A Surrealist show.
8. How did the students that Kahlo taught feel about her?
(a) They were scared of her.
(b) They adored her.
(c) They hated her.
(d) They mocked her.
9. What was Kahlo selected to be for Seminario de Cultura Mexicana?
(a) To donate her favorite paintings.
(b) To perform a tutorial on painting.
(c) To be artist of the year.
(d) To be among the founding members.
10. How did Rivera act when he did not get what he wanted?
(a) He pouted and became upset.
(b) He locked himself in his room.
(c) He cried and begged.
(d) He screamed and yelled.
11. How did Kahlo's relationship with Rivera begin to change after they moved into the San Angel house?
(a) She took on a more maternal tone, where she cared for him as a mother would for a child rather than a lover.
(b) He took on a more paternal role, where he cared for her more as a father woul a child rather than a lover.
(c) She began to despise him and draw herself away from him.
(d) They became even more passionate for each other.
12. What movement did Kahlo learn about while staying in Paris?
(a) The Surrealist movement.
(b) Impressionism movement.
(c) Resistance movement.
(d) Anarchist movement.
13. In 1950, Kahlo went to the hospital in Mexico City; how long did she stay there?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
14. What did Kahlo write in her diary just days before her death?
(a) "I hope the exit is quiet - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
(b) "I hope the exit is joyful - and I hope never to come back - Frida."
(c) "I hope the exit is colorful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
(d) "I hope the exit is beautiful - and I hope to come back - Frida."
15. Now that Kahlo's career had begun to take off, where was her work finally being recognized?
(b) In her own country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kahlo write in her diary in Chapter 24?
2. What two cities did Kahlo visit in order to participate in a show in Chapter 19?
3. What began to happen as Kahlo started to lose her grip on life?
4. Who did Kahlo stay with while she was in Paris?
5. What did Kahlo receive that helped her to get over the loss of her body part?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)