|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the jewelry store where Kahlo's father worked?
(a) Jason's Jewelry.
(b) La Perla.
(c) Blue Diamonds.
(d) El Diamantes.
2. How would the stories that Rivera told be described?
3. Kahlo's parents said that her match with Rivera in marriage was like what?
(a) A lion and a lamb.
(b) An elephant and a dove.
(c) A tiger and a doe.
(d) A bear and a kitten.
4. How would Rivera's looks be described?
(a) Muscular and handsome.
(b) Large and homely.
(c) Skinny and attractive.
(d) Small and boney.
5. How many girls were in Kahlo's clique at the National Preparatory School?
6. Who did Kahlo meet in America who was a photographer?
(a) Eva Frederick.
(b) Luther Burbank.
(c) Leo Eloesser.
(d) Edward Weston.
7. Kahlo's mother tried to raise her daughters with a traditional Mexican upbringing; what two things did she enforce?
(a) Learning how to cook and attending religious services regularly.
(b) Mending clothes and yardwork.
(c) Plowing the fields and musical talent.
(d) Cleaning the house and religious study.
8. How many students, total, were in attendance at the National Preparatory School when Kahlo attended?
9. How did Kahlo begin dressing after she was with Rivera?
(a) The workers' attire and haircut of the Young Communist League.
(b) A retro girl.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A flapper girl.
10. What was the name of Kahlo's painting in Chapter 5 that depicted her feelings of paralysis and despair?
(a) My Birth.
(b) Self Portrait.
(c) The Broken Column.
(d) The Shattered Soul.
11. What type of house did Kahlo and Rivera move into after they got married?
(a) Rustic Greek style facade.
(b) Elizabethan style facade.
(c) French-gothic-style facade.
(d) Spanish style facade.
12. Why were people starting to find fault with Rivera's work?
(a) Some that he used too much color.
(b) Some thought he copied other's work.
(c) Some thought it obscene; others sacrilegious.
(d) Some thought he relied too much on Kahlo.
13. What happened to Kahlo on September 17, 1925 that forever altered her life?
(a) She was in a horrible bus accident.
(b) She was in a horrible train accident.
(c) She was in a horrible bicycle accident.
(d) She was in a horrible plane accident.
14. What was the name of Rivera's wife, who became quite jealous of all the time that Rivera spent with Kahlo?
(a) Matilde Lorpe.
(b) Lorraine Moria.
(c) Maria Mendes.
(d) Lupe Marin.
15. In Chapter 9, where did Rivera and Kahlo decide to visit for a Commission that Rivera was granted in America?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are a group of painters commissioned to create for the National Preparatory School?
2. What increased as a result of Kahlo and Rivera's courtship becoming more and more intense?
3. How was Kahlo's personality compared to Rivera's personality?
4. How did Kahlo's father begin to behave the worse-off the family's circumstances got, in Chapter 2?
5. How old was Kahlo when she met Rivera again in Chapter 6?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)