|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Kahlo meet in America who was an important doctor?
(a) Eva Frederick.
(b) Luther Burbank.
(c) Edward Weston.
(d) Leo Eloesser.
2. What did an article in the New York World-Telegram call Rivera's unfinished mural?
3. What did Kahlo's painting in Chapter 5 seem to represent?
(a) A culmination of ideas.
(b) The possibilites of life that were so far away from the broken Kahlo.
(c) The pain of growing up.
(d) A synthesis of life.
4. Who did Rivera start to hear complaints from regarding who he had taken commissions from?
(a) His Communist party.
(b) His wife, Kahlo.
(c) His Capitalist party.
(d) His family and friends.
5. Despite Kahlo's attraction and fascination with Rivera, who was she dating that was the leader of her clique?
(a) Diego Alejandro Marin.
(b) Gomez Diego Arias.
(c) Alexander Jorge Ammon.
(d) Alejandro Gomez Arias.
6. Who had Rivera accepted commissions from that he was now having complaints about in Chapter 9?
(a) The Mexican government and Chile.
(b) The United States and Germany.
(c) Germany and the Mexican government.
(d) The Mexican government and the United States.
7. What are a group of painters commissioned to create for the National Preparatory School?
(a) A set of murals.
(b) Individual portraits of the professors and students.
(c) A set of sculptures.
(d) A giant portrait of the professors.
8. How many boys were in Kahlo's clique at the National Preparatory School?
9. Why didn't Kahlo paint often during her first few months of marriage to Rivera?
(a) She had no desire to paint.
(b) She was spending a great deal of her time learning how to be a wife to Rivera.
(c) Rivera told her to take a break for a few months.
(d) She and Rivera had been busy traveling.
10. What did Kahlo contract when she was six years old that caused her to spend nine months confined to a room?
11. Right after they returned to Mexico in Chapter 9, where were Rivera and Kahlo invited to have an exhibition?
(a) New York, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(b) San Francisco, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(c) Detroit, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(d) Miami, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
12. How was Kahlo's personality compared to Rivera's personality?
(a) Large in comparison.
(b) In unision with Rivera's.
(c) Complemented and challenged.
(d) Small in comparison.
13. Who did Kahlo write passionate letters to that showed her strong will, not just to endure the pain, but to live life fully?
(a) Her father and her friends.
(b) Rivera and her friends.
(c) Her mother and her friends.
(d) Arias and her friends.
14. Who did Rivera marry in 1922 who was also his mistress?
(a) Lorraine Moria.
(b) Matilde Lorpe.
(c) Maria Mendes.
(d) Lupe Marin.
15. Why were people starting to find fault with Rivera's work?
(a) Some that he used too much color.
(b) Some thought he relied too much on Kahlo.
(c) Some thought it obscene; others sacrilegious.
(d) Some thought he copied other's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7 during their courtship, what did Rivera start to include Kahlo in?
2. Kahlo's mother passed away in Chapter 10 after having what removed?
3. What is the color of the house where the story of Frida Kahlo's life begins?
4. What did Kahlo's father begin to make a name for himself doing?
5. How would Rivera's looks be described?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)