|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of house did Kahlo and Rivera move into after they got married?
(a) Spanish style facade.
(b) Rustic Greek style facade.
(c) Elizabethan style facade.
(d) French-gothic-style facade.
2. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
(a) His second wife, Matilde.
(b) His first wife, MaryAnn.
(c) His second wife, Mary.
(d) His third wife, Maria.
3. Why didn't Kahlo paint often during her first few months of marriage to Rivera?
(a) She and Rivera had been busy traveling.
(b) Rivera told her to take a break for a few months.
(c) She was spending a great deal of her time learning how to be a wife to Rivera.
(d) She had no desire to paint.
4. Who did Kahlo write passionate letters to that showed her strong will, not just to endure the pain, but to live life fully?
(a) Arias and her friends.
(b) Rivera and her friends.
(c) Her father and her friends.
(d) Her mother and her friends.
5. Kahlo had a miscarriage while she and Rivera were living in Detroit; what painting did she create during that time?
(a) Henry Ford Hospital.
(b) My Baby.
(d) Broken Heart.
6. How old was Rivera when he began work at the National Preparatory School?
7. Kahlo's mother tried to raise her daughters with a traditional Mexican upbringing; what two things did she enforce?
(a) Mending clothes and yardwork.
(b) Cleaning the house and religious study.
(c) Plowing the fields and musical talent.
(d) Learning how to cook and attending religious services regularly.
8. What was Kahlo dressing like before she met Rivera?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A retro girl.
(c) The workers' attire and haircut of the Young Communist League.
(d) A flapper girl.
9. What was the name of the jewelry store where Kahlo's father worked?
(a) Jason's Jewelry.
(b) Blue Diamonds.
(c) La Perla.
(d) El Diamantes.
10. How many children did Rivera have in Chapter 6?
11. What was the first name of Mr. Rivera, who was one of the painters commissioned to work at the National Preparatory School?
12. What about Kahlo entranced Rivera?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her talent.
(c) Her spunk and freshness.
(d) Her quiet demeanor.
13. Who did Kahlo meet in America who was a photographer?
(a) Eva Frederick.
(b) Edward Weston.
(c) Luther Burbank.
(d) Leo Eloesser.
14. How did Kahlo begin dressing after she was with Rivera?
(a) A retro girl.
(b) A flapper girl.
(c) A peasant.
(d) The workers' attire and haircut of the Young Communist League.
15. Who did Kahlo dance with at a party in Detroit, who was famous?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charlie Chaplan.
(d) Henry Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls were in attendance at the National Preparatory School when Kahlo attended?
2. What is the name of the street that Kahlo's house, in Chapter 1, is located?
3. Who was the person that taught Kahlo what Rivera's favorite foods were?
4. How long did Rivera wait before starting to paint in order to capture the American people, in Chapter 9?
5. How many girls were in Kahlo's clique at the National Preparatory School?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)