|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Portraits of a Marriage and Chapter 22, Naturaleza Viva: Alive Still Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are a group of painters commissioned to create for the National Preparatory School?
(a) A giant portrait of the professors.
(b) Individual portraits of the professors and students.
(c) A set of sculptures.
(d) A set of murals.
2. In Chapter 7 during their courtship, what did Rivera start to include Kahlo in?
(a) In his decision-making for business.
(b) As a figure in his murals.
(c) As a model for his sculptures.
(d) In his meetings with prospective buyers.
3. What did Kahlo consider the American people to look like?
(a) Ice cream cones.
(b) Cookies without any frosting.
(c) Unbaked rolls of bread.
(d) Colorless statues.
4. Right after they returned to Mexico in Chapter 9, where were Rivera and Kahlo invited to have an exhibition?
(a) Miami, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(b) New York, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(c) Detroit, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
(d) San Francisco, at the fledging Museum of Modern Art.
5. What happened to Kahlo since she was not immediately happy with the city of Paris?
(a) She ended up ill in the American Hospital.
(b) She began to paint very depressing pictures.
(c) She became very depressed.
(d) She wrote letters home complaining of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was elected president of the National Student Confederation in 1929?
2. Kahlo's mother passed away in Chapter 10 after having what removed?
3. How old was Rivera when he began work at the National Preparatory School?
4. Who did Kahlo and Rivera turn away and break their political views from in Chapter 15?
5. What was one of the key successes to Kahlo and Rivera's eventual marriage?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)