|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gringolandia and Chapter 10, Detroit: Henry Ford Hospital.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kahlo's mother passed away in Chapter 10 after having what removed?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her appendix.
(c) Her cancerous moles.
2. What type of surgeon was the doctor that Kahlo met in America, who helped her the rest of her life?
3. What did the doctors prescribe for Kahlo after she recovered from her illness?
(a) More rest.
(b) Reading to help her eyesight.
(c) A pill she had to take every day.
(d) Physical exercise.
4. What day was Frida Kahlo born?
(a) July 6, 1910.
(b) July 6, 1909.
(c) July 6, 1907.
(d) July 6, 1908.
5. In Chapter 7, what was an important part of who Kahlo was?
(a) The way she did her hair.
(b) The kind of make-up she put on.
(c) The way she dressed herself.
(d) The type of food she ate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kahlo write passionate letters to that showed her strong will, not just to endure the pain, but to live life fully?
2. Rivera was famous for his paintings and infamous for his what?
3. What did many Mexicans and Kahlo's friends see her accident as?
4. How would the stories that Rivera told be described?
5. Who was elected president of the National Student Confederation in 1929?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)