|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gringolandia and Chapter 10, Detroit: Henry Ford Hospital.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kahlo do to Rivera in hopes of gaining his attention while he was at the National Preparatory Academy?
(a) She put on her prettiest dress and wore make-up.
(b) Stole food from him and soaped the stairway from the stage he was painting on, in the hopes that he would fall.
(c) She flirted with him every chance she got.
(d) She threw herself at his feet.
2. Why did Kahlo's father favor her above her sisters?
(a) Because she was the most outgoing.
(b) Because she was the prettiest.
(c) Because she was the most intelligent.
(d) Because he saw much of himself in the girl.
3. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
(a) His second wife, Matilde.
(b) His first wife, MaryAnn.
(c) His third wife, Maria.
(d) His second wife, Mary.
4. How was Kahlo's personality compared to Rivera's personality?
(a) Complemented and challenged.
(b) In unision with Rivera's.
(c) Small in comparison.
(d) Large in comparison.
5. What did the doctors prescribe for Kahlo after she recovered from her illness?
(a) More rest.
(b) Physical exercise.
(c) Reading to help her eyesight.
(d) A pill she had to take every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rivera known to be by most people, in Chapter 3?
2. What did Kahlo contract when she was six years old that caused her to spend nine months confined to a room?
3. What is now painted on the wall of Kahlo's home in Chapter 1?
4. How old was Rivera when he began work at the National Preparatory School?
5. Who did Kahlo meet in America who was an important doctor?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)