|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Gringolandia and Chapter 10, Detroit: Henry Ford Hospital.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many Mexicans and Kahlo's friends see her accident as?
(a) A curse.
(c) A tragedy.
2. Who did Kahlo meet in America who was an important doctor?
(a) Leo Eloesser.
(b) Luther Burbank.
(c) Eva Frederick.
(d) Edward Weston.
3. What was the strongest reason that Kahlo is permitted to attend such an impressive school as the National Preparatory School?
(a) Her mother, Matilde.
(b) Her father, Guillermo.
(c) Her mother, Maria.
(d) Her father, Alejandro.
4. What did Kahlo contract when she was six years old that caused her to spend nine months confined to a room?
5. What did Kahlo spend a great deal of time and attention to, even during her sickest times?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her painting.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kahlo's father meet while working in the jewelry store?
2. What is the name of the street that Kahlo's house, in Chapter 1, is located?
3. What type of ceremony did Kahlo and Rivera decide to have when they married?
4. Right after they returned to Mexico in Chapter 9, where were Rivera and Kahlo invited to have an exhibition?
5. Kahlo's mother tried to raise her daughters with a traditional Mexican upbringing; what two things did she enforce?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)