Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Write your opinion about how well Knowles describes people and places in The French Lieutenant's Woman. Did you get a clear picture of the people and places?
Write a review of the entire book expressing your opinions about the style, subject matter, creativity, and general interest in the story. Your review should give reasons someone should read the book or not.
In the novel, there are several references to the relationship between the wealthy and their servants. The servants at Winsyatt let their true feelings about Charles come out after he is disinherited from his uncle's title. Sam grows tired of Charles' joking and his condescension. Write an essay about how servants in a household are good judges of their employer's character.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)