Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
Both Dr. Grogan and Charles are followers of the new theoretical scientist of their day, Charles Darwin. Write an essay giving your opinion about Darwin's theory of evolution of the species.
Essay Topic 2
Write a review of the entire book expressing your opinions about the style, subject matter, creativity, and general interest in the story. Your review should give reasons someone should read the book or not.
Essay Topic 3
Fashion in the Victorian era. Research the fashions in the mid 1800s and describe them in an essay. Things to consider include: style, comfort, influence of Victorian morality, differences between the rich and the poor.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)