|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
Give your opinion about Sarah as a Victorian era feminist. Explain how she would fit into today's society much better than she did in her own time. Show how Sarah always makes the most out of the resources she has.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story about Mrs. Poulteney in heaven. In the story she should be bossy and strict just as she was on earth. Use your imagination to let her real character show through her white robes and angel wings. Also use your imagination about what St. Peter might do with a woman like that.
Essay Topic 3
Draw a relationship between the fossils Charles lookesfor and the Victorian society. Do you think Knowles uses the fossils as a metaphor for the petrified nature of the social and religious norms of that time? Explain your opinion.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)