Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
Draw a relationship between the fossils Charles lookesfor and the Victorian society. Do you think Knowles uses the fossils as a metaphor for the petrified nature of the social and religious norms of that time? Explain your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Using the characters Charles, Ernestina, and Sarah, write a short-short story set in the 21st century about a broken engagement. Use the title, "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned." Will your story be much different from the broken engagement in The French Lieutenant's Woman?
Essay Topic 3
Write your opinion about how well Knowles describes people and places in The French Lieutenant's Woman. Did you get a clear picture of the people and places?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)