|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about class systems in society. Do you believe there are still such differences today? Do you believe that all men are really created equal?
Essay Topic 2
Look up information about the Dorset region of England and write about the sea coast in the area of Lyme Regis. Describe it as it is today and mention any changes in the area since the Victorian era.
Essay Topic 3
Did you find Knowles' literary gimmicks a bit confusing? Write your opinion about Knowles' bringing in the 20th century occasionally in his story, his multiple scenarios for the same scene, and putting himself into the story as different characters.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)