Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about class systems in society. Do you believe there are still such differences today? Do you believe that all men are really created equal?
Essay Topic 2
Fashion in the Victorian era. Research the fashions in the mid 1800s and describe them in an essay. Things to consider include: style, comfort, influence of Victorian morality, differences between the rich and the poor.
Essay Topic 3
Think up another ending for The French Lieutenant's Woman. Knowles wrote multiple endings for the novel. There are still other possibilities. Come up with another ending and write it in three or four pages.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)