Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah out of the flat when the baby is crying?
2. Where does Sarah stay in Exeter?
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
4. What is Sarah's reaction to Charles' guilt?
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Aunt Tranter's only concern about Sam and Mary is whether they truly are in love and plan to marry. Charles, however, is held him to a much higher standard of behavior. Write an essay about your feelings toward double standards.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper stating your opinion of Charles. Was he a victim? Was he stupid? Was he a pleasant person? Could he have managed things better?
Essay Topic 3
Give your opinion about Sarah as a Victorian era feminist. Explain how she would fit into today's society much better than she did in her own time. Show how Sarah always makes the most out of the resources she has.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)