|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charles twenty months later?
2. Where does the cab deliver Charles and the prostitute?
3. What is in the second letter Charles opens that morning?
4. What does Freeman recognize about the times?
5. What does Charles observe about American women?
Essay Topic 1
Look up information about the Dorset region of England and write about the sea coast in the area of Lyme Regis. Describe it as it is today and mention any changes in the area since the Victorian era.
Essay Topic 2
Write your opinion about how well Knowles describes people and places in The French Lieutenant's Woman. Did you get a clear picture of the people and places?
Essay Topic 3
According to Knowles, sexuality is more enjoyable in the Victorian age because it is not spoken of and there is more mystery about it. Write an essay about how the Victorian gentleman, Charles, is drawn by the mysterious nature of Sarah Woodruff.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)