|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles proceed to break off with Ernestina and return to Sarah?
2. What does Freeman recognize about the times?
3. Where is Charles twenty months later?
4. What does Sam tell Charles he wants two hundred and eighty pounds for?
5. What does Charles find inside the old shed?
Essay Topic 1
Using the characters Charles, Ernestina, and Sarah, write a short-short story set in the 21st century about a broken engagement. Use the title, "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned." Will your story be much different from the broken engagement in The French Lieutenant's Woman?
Essay Topic 2
Write your opinion about how well Knowles describes people and places in The French Lieutenant's Woman. Did you get a clear picture of the people and places?
Essay Topic 3
Fashion in the Victorian era. Research the fashions in the mid 1800s and describe them in an essay. Things to consider include: style, comfort, influence of Victorian morality, differences between the rich and the poor.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)