|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Victorian ending, what unlikely thing does Charles do?
2. After impulsively kissing Sarah, what does Charles do?
3. What does Sam do after leaving Charles in his room at the Ship?
4. Why does Charles go into the child's room?
5. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about whether you would like to have lived in the Victorian era. Explain your reasons. (Hint: if there is no royalty in your family tree, you cannot choose to live during that time as a duke or duchess.)
Essay Topic 2
Write your opinion about how well Knowles describes people and places in The French Lieutenant's Woman. Did you get a clear picture of the people and places?
Essay Topic 3
Using the characters Charles, Ernestina, and Sarah, write a short-short story set in the 21st century about a broken engagement. Use the title, "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned." Will your story be much different from the broken engagement in The French Lieutenant's Woman?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)