Short Answer Questions Key
1. THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT'S WOMAN takes place in what historical era?
2. How are Charles and Ernestina dressed on their walk down the Cobb?
Very stylishly for the day.
3. In trying to be Victorian polite, what does Ernestina call the woman they see on the Cobb?
The French lieutenant's. . .woman.
4. When Sarah turns to look at Charles, how does he describe the look?
As though she looked right through him.
5. What does Knowles say is the most common symptom of wealth in 1867?
6. What title did Charles' grandfather hold?
7. What happened to Charles' mother?
She died in childbirth to a stillborn girl.
This section contains 7,059 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)