|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40, 41, 42, and 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rests on a table at the bay window of Dr. Grogan's house?
(a) A copy of Grey's Anatomy.
(b) A collection of fossils.
(c) Surgical instruments.
(d) A Gregorian telescope.
2. What does Sarah give Charles?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) Two perfect fossils she found.
(c) An invitation to meet her at night.
(d) A lock of her hair.
3. How does Charles explain himself to Sam?
(a) That he is there on the instruction of Dr. Grogan.
(b) That he has come to tell Sarah never to bother him again.
(c) That he has volunteered for the search party.
(d) That he accidentally heard someone in the shed and went in to see who it was.
4. What title did Charles' grandfather hold?
5. How does Sarah appear as she stands at her windowsill at night looking out to sea?
(a) Like a ghost searching for reality.
(b) Like a hysterical woman who has lost all.
(c) Like a preliminary to jumping from the window.
(d) Like an angel looking for lost ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah and Charles meet again on the path, what does Charles observe about her?
2. What news does Ernestina give Charles on his return?
3. When Sarah turns to look at Charles, how does he describe the look?
4. What does Knowles say readers should now see as obvious?
5. How does Knowles picture Sam?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)