|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knowles say the novelist is?
(a) A plagerist because he or she copies from real life stories.
(b) An authoritarian because he or she writes only by the rules laid down by others.
(c) A deceiver because he or she seldom tells the truth.
(d) A god because he or she creates.
2. Dr. Grogan says he knows more about ________ than what goes on in Sarah's mind.
(a) The fossils on the beach.
(b) The times of the tides.
(c) What goes on in Windsor Castle.
(d) The number of stars in the sky.
3. What expression applied to a boy or girl is guaranteed to despoil their reputation for life?
(a) One of the Dairy Lane kids.
(b) One of the Lyme Green kids.
(c) One of the Cobb walker kids.
(d) One of the Ware Commons kids.
4. How do the simpering daughters of the Lady seduce Charles in order to snare him as a husband for one of them?
(a) Pretend they were interested in his paleontology.
(b) Propose marriage to him.
(c) Wear seductive clothes.
(d) Get him alone in the garden.
5. What is Sarah's position in Charmouth?
(a) Milk maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Poulteney insist as requisites for a companion?
2. What begins to trouble Charles about his engagement to Ernestina?
3. When Sarah turns to look at Charles, how does he describe the look?
4. What double duty does Sam perform at Mrs. Tranter's door?
5. What revelation does Sarah make to Charles about the French lieutenant?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)