|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rests on a table at the bay window of Dr. Grogan's house?
(a) A collection of fossils.
(b) A Gregorian telescope.
(c) Surgical instruments.
(d) A copy of Grey's Anatomy.
2. What does Charles enjoy about his relationship to Sam?
(a) The educated, philosophical discussions they have.
(b) Watching Sam make a fool of himself.
(c) Watching Sam avoiding the Cockney maids.
(d) Daily chatter and a lapse into schoolboyhood.
3. Dr. Grogan says he knows more about ________ than what goes on in Sarah's mind.
(a) The times of the tides.
(b) What goes on in Windsor Castle.
(c) The number of stars in the sky.
(d) The fossils on the beach.
4. What is the objection of Mrs. Poulteney and others like her to the Assembly Rooms?
(a) They promote whist, cigar smoking, balls, and other pleasures.
(b) The rooms are too small and stuffy.
(c) The toilets are in full view of the windows.
(d) The architecture is too plain and stark.
5. What is Knowles' description of Charles as a palaeontologist?
(a) As gifted by lazy.
(b) As an ungifted scientist.
(c) As much ahead of his time.
(d) As an authority many scientists deferred to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Ernestina warn Charles about the people of Lyme?
2. Why is Charles thought of as an interesting young man?
3. Why does Mrs. Talbot decide not to rehire Sarah Woodruff?
4. How did Charles' father rid him of the desire to become a priest?
5. At that time in London, what is socially becoming as important as good blood?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)