|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shop in Lyme is somewhat famous?
(a) The Curious Cigar Shop.
(b) The Wicker Shop.
(c) The Lyme Stationery Shop.
(d) The Old Fossit Shop.
2. What is it about Ernestina that attracts Charles?
(a) She is daring and adventurous.
(b) She is so nearly the prim little moppet; yet not quite.
(c) She stands to inherit a great fortune.
(d) She is beautiful by male standards.
3. On the bright, sunny morning in Lyme, how does Ernestina awaken?
(a) Afraid that exposure to sunlight would darken her skin.
(b) In a mood that the brilliance of the morning only aggravated.
(c) Too late to see Charles who had already left for a walk.
(d) Bright and bubbly, anxious to see Charles.
4. When Sarah turns to look at Charles, how does he describe the look?
(a) As though she looked right through him.
(b) Mysterious and inviting.
(c) Sensuous and compelling.
(d) Dark and mystifying.
5. What characteristics make Aunt Tranter very special?
(a) Plumpness and a jocular spirit.
(b) High moral and religious values.
(c) Optimism and making the best of everything for all.
(d) Wealth and generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two obsessions of Mrs. Poulteney?
2. What investments had Charles' father made?
3. How did Charles' father rid him of the desire to become a priest?
4. What terrible image does Mrs. Talbot have from the literature she reads?
5. How does Knowles picture Sam?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)