|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 52, 53, 54, and 55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles go to see Dr. Grogan?
(a) He suspects Dr. Grogan saw him with Sarah through his telescope.
(b) He needs advice about what to say to Sarah when they meet.
(c) He wants sleeping powder for Ernestina.
(d) He needs advice after receiving a note from Sarah.
2. What discovery does Charles make that hits him like a thunderbolt?
(a) That he had not wanted to make love to Sarah.
(b) That Sarah had planned his seduction carefully.
(c) That he is free to leave Sarah forever.
(d) That Sarah is a virgin.
3. Where does Charles go after leaving Sarah?
(a) To find Sam
(b) To his hotel room
(c) To the carriage depot
(d) To a church
4. What characteristics make Aunt Tranter very special?
(a) Plumpness and a jocular spirit.
(b) Wealth and generosity.
(c) Optimism and making the best of everything for all.
(d) High moral and religious values.
5. What do Sam and Mary see briefly at the shed door?
(a) Dr. Gorgan
(b) A dark bonnet hanging on a nail
(d) Sarah Woodruff
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrible image does Mrs. Talbot have from the literature she reads?
2. Why does Mrs. Talbot decide not to rehire Sarah Woodruff?
3. What does Charles decide to do?
4. At that time in London, what is socially becoming as important as good blood?
5. What does Sarah ask of Charles?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)