|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 44, 45, 46, and 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles think about the three-word message from Sarah?
(a) As a kind of trap and threat.
(b) As a way of saying thank you.
(c) As her way of saying good-bye.
(d) As an oxymoron like proud begging.
2. What does Charles decide to do?
(a) Go out and look for Sarah himself.
(b) Go back and tell Dr. Grogan the whole truth.
(c) Open a bottle of brandy and get drunk.
(d) Send Sam to look for Sarah.
3. What happens after Charles puts out the fire on Sarah's blanket when coals pop from the fireplace?
(a) They stare into each other's eyes and kiss.
(b) Sarah begins to cry.
(c) Mrs. Endicott runs in to see what the smell is.
(d) He jumps up to leave.
4. Why does Charles go to see Dr. Grogan?
(a) He wants sleeping powder for Ernestina.
(b) He needs advice after receiving a note from Sarah.
(c) He needs advice about what to say to Sarah when they meet.
(d) He suspects Dr. Grogan saw him with Sarah through his telescope.
5. In the Victorian ending, what becomes of Mrs. Poulteney?
(a) She runs away with the vicar.
(b) She has a change of heart and becomes kind to her servants.
(c) She tries to enter heaven and is cast into the realm below.
(d) She becomes blind and her servants steal everything from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find inside the old shed?
2. What transpires between Mrs. Tranter and Sarah?
3. How does Dr. Grogan rebut Charles' objection that nothing improper passed between him and Sarah?
4. What begins to trouble Charles about his engagement to Ernestina?
5. What does Sam do after leaving Charles in his room at the Ship?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)