1. THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT'S WOMAN takes place in what historical era?
2. How are Charles and Ernestina dressed on their walk down the Cobb?
(a) In riding habits.
(b) In raincoats and boots.
(c) In clothes suited to the taste of Lyme Regis.
(d) Very stylishly for the day.
3. In trying to be Victorian polite, what does Ernestina call the woman they see on the Cobb?
(a) Old Mrs. Poulteney's companion.
(b) The French lieutenant's. . .woman.
(c) A woman just a bit crazy.
(d) The lady of the night.
4. When Sarah turns to look at Charles, how does he describe the look?
(a) Sensuous and compelling.
(b) As though she looked right through him.
(c) Dark and mystifying.
(d) Mysterious and inviting.
5. What does Knowles say is the most common symptom of wealth in 1867?
6. What title did Charles' grandfather hold?
7. What happened to Charles' mother?
(a) She died of tuberculosis.
(b) She died in childbirth to a stillborn girl.
(c) She ran off with an Italian.
(d) She fell into the sea on a boat outing.
This section contains 7,059 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)