|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
2. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
3. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
4. What have American reviewers of translations called Ayme?
5. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
State the ironies in "The Death of Judas." Why are these examples ironic? Do they "justify" Judas' reasoning behind his decisions? How?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from one of the stories. Who is this character? What does the story tell readers specifically about the character? What must readers infer about the character? What are the characters strengths and weaknesses? What conflict does the character face? What does the character learn or refuse to learn? What do the character's decisions tall readers about the character?
Essay Topic 3
In the story "The Guest," who is the guest: Daru; Balducci; or the Arab? Why do you believe so? Cite specific examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)