Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character from one of the stories. Who is this character? What does the story tell readers specifically about the character? What must readers infer about the character? What are the characters strengths and weaknesses? What conflict does the character face? What does the character learn or refuse to learn? What do the character's decisions tall readers about the character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between the prodigal son and one of his family members from "The Return of the Prodigal Son". What is their relationship based upon? What are the problems associated with their relationship? To whom does the relationship mean more? Why?
Essay Topic 3
State the ironies in "The Death of Judas." Why are these examples ironic? Do they "justify" Judas' reasoning behind his decisions? How?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)