|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story made Judas want to hide?
2. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
3. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
4. Where was Albert Camus born?
5. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
2. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
3. Why did Daru feel like a lord given his meager lifestyle?
4. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
5. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
6. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
7. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
8. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
9. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
10. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the garden represent for Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" What does the garden represent for the old couple in the story? How are their feelings for the garden similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the prophecies in "The Legend of St. Julian the Hospitaler." What were the circumstances under which each of the prophecies was given? What happened because of the prophecies? Did each of the prophecies change the receiver? How? What was the outcome of the prophecies on the story itself?
Essay Topic 3
In "The Return of the Prodigal Son," whom is the most important conversation with: the father, the older brother, the mother, or the younger brother? Why do you believe that this is the most important conversation in the story? Cite specific examples from the text to support your response.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)