|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Albert Camus born?
2. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
3. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
5. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
2. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
3. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
4. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
5. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
6. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
7. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
8. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
9. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
10. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the stories using the obstacles that the main character faces. What are the obstacles? What are the choices the main character has? What does the main character choose to do? Is the decision moral/just or not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between the prodigal son and one of his family members from "The Return of the Prodigal Son". What is their relationship based upon? What are the problems associated with their relationship? To whom does the relationship mean more? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Micromegas is banned from his planet for writing a heretical book. He goes on a journey that allows him to ask a very important question to the inhabitants of Earth. Why is the question so important to Micromegas? What point is he making by asking it? What is the relevance of his journey and the question?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)