Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
Describe the relationship between the prodigal son and one of his family members from "The Return of the Prodigal Son". What is their relationship based upon? What are the problems associated with their relationship? To whom does the relationship mean more? Why?
Describe the prophecies in "The Legend of St. Julian the Hospitaler." What were the circumstances under which each of the prophecies was given? What happened because of the prophecies? Did each of the prophecies change the receiver? How? What was the outcome of the prophecies on the story itself?
In "The Guest," what is the importance of Daru's isolation? How does his love of isolation speak to the meaning behind the story? How is the theme of isolation shown in a physical way? In a symbolic way? Is Daru's love of isolation the reason that he helps the Arab to escape? Why or why not?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)