|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
2. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
3. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
4. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
5. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
2. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
3. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
4. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
5. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
6. Why was a fire only kept in the dining room and in the room of the narrator's mother in "Grand-Lebrun?"
7. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
8. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
9. In "Grand-Lebrun," describe the "little old women" in the narrator's story.
10. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dutilleul's, from "The Passer-Through-Walls," powers. What does he choose to do with his powers? What do his choices say about him as a person? What are the results of the choices he makes? What is the impact that his choices have on others?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the story "The Poor Boy's Toy." What does each of the point-of-views in the story represent? What do you think that Baudelaire is trying to say? Is this story one of morality or social standing? What is the meaning behind Baudelaire's story?
Essay Topic 3
What does the garden represent for Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" What does the garden represent for the old couple in the story? How are their feelings for the garden similar? How are they different?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)