|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
2. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
3. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
4. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
5. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Micromegas leaves the inhabitants of Earth with a book that will "answer" all of their questions. What is the relevance of the "gift" that Micromegas leaves? What does its "state" mean for the humans? For Micromegas?
Essay Topic 2
What does the garden represent for Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" What does the garden represent for the old couple in the story? How are their feelings for the garden similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the prophecies in "The Legend of St. Julian the Hospitaler." What were the circumstances under which each of the prophecies was given? What happened because of the prophecies? Did each of the prophecies change the receiver? How? What was the outcome of the prophecies on the story itself?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)