|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
2. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
3. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
4. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
5. What does Mauriac recall his mother saying she did with fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
2. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
3. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
4. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
5. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
6. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
7. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
8. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
9. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
10. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Return of the Prodigal Son," whom is the most important conversation with: the father, the older brother, the mother, or the younger brother? Why do you believe that this is the most important conversation in the story? Cite specific examples from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Micromegas leaves the inhabitants of Earth with a book that will "answer" all of their questions. What is the relevance of the "gift" that Micromegas leaves? What does its "state" mean for the humans? For Micromegas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the imagery in the story "The Old Clown." What does the old clown represent? What does the narrator represent? What do the festivities represent? What is the main point of the story?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)