Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
Compare and contrast the prophecies that Julian's parents received about their son. How do the prophecies conflict with each other? How do they feed into each other? Which prophecy seems to be more important to each individual parent? Why? How is this typical of the times and circumstances in which the prophecy was given?
Examine the story "The Poor Boy's Toy." What does each of the point-of-views in the story represent? What do you think that Baudelaire is trying to say? Is this story one of morality or social standing? What is the meaning behind Baudelaire's story?
Micromegas is banned from his planet for writing a heretical book. He goes on a journey that allows him to ask a very important question to the inhabitants of Earth. Why is the question so important to Micromegas? What point is he making by asking it? What is the relevance of his journey and the question?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)