|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
2. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
3. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
4. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
5. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the imagery in the story "The Old Clown." What does the old clown represent? What does the narrator represent? What do the festivities represent? What is the main point of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between the prodigal son and one of his family members from "The Return of the Prodigal Son". What is their relationship based upon? What are the problems associated with their relationship? To whom does the relationship mean more? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the demolition of the garden affect Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" Although not given textually, what does the destruction of the garden represent for the older couple? How do their feelings differ? How are their feelings similar?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)