|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
2. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
3. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
5. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
Essay Topic 1
What does the garden represent for Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" What does the garden represent for the old couple in the story? How are their feelings for the garden similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
How does the demolition of the garden affect Jean Bridelle in "The Minuet?" Although not given textually, what does the destruction of the garden represent for the older couple? How do their feelings differ? How are their feelings similar?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the imagery in the story "The Old Clown." What does the old clown represent? What does the narrator represent? What do the festivities represent? What is the main point of the story?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)