|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
3. What story made Judas want to hide?
4. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
5. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
2. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
3. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
4. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
5. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
6. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
7. Why does the prodigal son's older brother claim to be different from the prodigal son?
8. According to the editor, why is Francois Mauriac "one of the most sensitive witnesses of our threatened world?"
9. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
10. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dutilleul's, from "The Passer-Through-Walls," powers. What does he choose to do with his powers? What do his choices say about him as a person? What are the results of the choices he makes? What is the impact that his choices have on others?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the prophecies that Julian's parents received about their son. How do the prophecies conflict with each other? How do they feed into each other? Which prophecy seems to be more important to each individual parent? Why? How is this typical of the times and circumstances in which the prophecy was given?
Essay Topic 3
Micromegas leaves the inhabitants of Earth with a book that will "answer" all of their questions. What is the relevance of the "gift" that Micromegas leaves? What does its "state" mean for the humans? For Micromegas?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)