Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Return of the Prodigal Son," discuss the multiple reasons the prodigal son gives for returning home. Which reason do you believe is the real reason for the prodigal son's return? Do you believe he omitted the real reason for his return? Cite specific examples from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the prophecies that Julian's parents received about their son. How do the prophecies conflict with each other? How do they feed into each other? Which prophecy seems to be more important to each individual parent? Why? How is this typical of the times and circumstances in which the prophecy was given?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the story "The Poor Boy's Toy." What does each of the point-of-views in the story represent? What do you think that Baudelaire is trying to say? Is this story one of morality or social standing? What is the meaning behind Baudelaire's story?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)