|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
3. What kind of tea does Daru offer the men who have come to the schoolhouse?
4. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
5. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning behind Dutilleul's use of a "Werewolf" as his sign. Normally, what does the werewolf symbolize as an image? What does the werewolf symbolize for Dutilleul? How do these understandings collaborate or contradict with one another? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dutilleul's, from "The Passer-Through-Walls," powers. What does he choose to do with his powers? What do his choices say about him as a person? What are the results of the choices he makes? What is the impact that his choices have on others?
Essay Topic 3
In "The Atheist's Mass," what is the irony behind Desplein's visits to church? What do his visits say about him as a man? Do you consider Desplein a true atheist? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)