|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Micromegas?
2. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
3. When did Baudelaire die?
4. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
5. What is laying on the grass next to the boy behind the iron gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men on the ship tell Micromegas and the Saturnian their time is spent doing?
2. Who cursed Julian? Why?
3. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
4. Why did people dislike Desplein?
5. Why was Micromegas condemned?
6. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
7. Describe the old clown.
8. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
9. What was Julian taught when he was seven-years-old?
10. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between the prodigal son and one of his family members from "The Return of the Prodigal Son". What is their relationship based upon? What are the problems associated with their relationship? To whom does the relationship mean more? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the stories using the obstacles that the main character faces. What are the obstacles? What are the choices the main character has? What does the main character choose to do? Is the decision moral/just or not?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the story "The Poor Boy's Toy." What does each of the point-of-views in the story represent? What do you think that Baudelaire is trying to say? Is this story one of morality or social standing? What is the meaning behind Baudelaire's story?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)