|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(b) Simon Peter.
2. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Ameur.
(d) To Tinguit.
3. How long did Gide spend writing "The Return of the Prodigal Son"?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two days.
4. What was the basis of the poem that admitted Judas to the Sanhedrin?
(a) The ostentatiousness of the Verusians.
(b) The pompousness of royalty.
(c) The inelegance of a martyr.
(d) The heroic obstinacy of the Maccabees.
5. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
2. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
3. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
4. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
5. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
2. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
3. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
4. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
5. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
6. According to the editor, why is Francois Mauriac "one of the most sensitive witnesses of our threatened world?"
7. In "Grand-Lebrun," describe the "little old women" in the narrator's story.
8. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
9. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
10. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)