|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(c) He will welcome him into the home.
(d) He will punish him harshly.
2. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His nose.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His lips.
3. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
4. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
5. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
(a) When it is light.
(b) When it is frozen.
(c) When it is soft.
(d) When it is warmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
2. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
3. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
5. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Daru feel like a lord given his meager lifestyle?
2. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
3. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
4. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
5. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
6. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
7. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
8. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
9. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
10. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)