|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
(a) One hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Brown and black.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Black and white.
3. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Arthur Fontaine.
(b) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(c) Paul Claudel.
(d) Francis James.
4. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(b) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(c) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(d) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
5. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
2. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
3. What does Mauriac recall his mother saying she did with fire?
4. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
5. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
2. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
3. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
4. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
5. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
6. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
7. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
8. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
9. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
10. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)