|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(a) The older brother.
(c) The younger brother.
2. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
3. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
(a) Bella Ville.
5. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To perform miracles.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(d) To keep Jesus from harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
2. Where must Daru take the Arab?
3. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
4. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
2. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
3. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
4. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
5. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
6. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
7. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
8. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
9. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
10. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)