|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
(a) Sweet acorns.
2. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son has no honor.
(b) The oldest son lives by order.
(c) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
(d) The oldest son has pride.
4. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
(a) He was tired of Jesus looking over him.
(b) He wanted to gain a higher position with the Romans.
(c) He wanted the silver.
(d) He wanted to see what "He" was up to.
5. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
2. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
3. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
4. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
5. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
2. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
3. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
4. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
5. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
6. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
7. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
8. According to the editor, why is Francois Mauriac "one of the most sensitive witnesses of our threatened world?"
9. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
10. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)