|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A fast learner.
(b) A bright student.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) A chosen vessel.
2. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) An affectionate dog.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A deep sea.
(d) A lion.
3. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
(a) A snack.
(b) A drink.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A robe.
4. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Stay and fight.
(b) Pray and love.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Here and now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
2. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
3. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
4. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
5. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
2. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
3. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
4. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
5. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
6. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
7. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
8. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
9. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
10. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)