Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(b) Paul Claudel.
(c) Francis James.
(d) Arthur Fontaine.
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
(b) The oldest son lives by order.
(c) The oldest son has pride.
(d) The oldest son has no honor.
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a painting.
(b) As a heresy.
(c) As a truth.
(d) As a reflection in a mirror.
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
(c) Bubonic Plague.
(d) Peyronie's disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
2. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
3. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
4. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
5. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)