|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
2. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(c) Jean Giraudoux.
3. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) An affectionate dog.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A lion.
(d) A deep sea.
4. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
(a) "Forgive me."
(b) "It's me! It's me!"
(c) "No fear, no fear!"
(d) "Never again...ever, ever again."
5. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
2. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
3. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
5. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
2. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
3. In "Grand-Lebrun," describe the "little old women" in the narrator's story.
4. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
5. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
6. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
7. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
8. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
9. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
10. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)