|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
2. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
3. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Peyronie's disease.
(b) Bubonic Plague.
(d) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
4. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
5. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
2. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
3. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
4. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
5. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
2. Why does the prodigal son's older brother claim to be different from the prodigal son?
3. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
4. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
5. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
6. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
7. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
8. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
9. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
10. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)