|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
2. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
(d) Short stories.
3. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
4. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
5. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
2. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
3. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
4. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
5. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
2. In "Grand-Lebrun," describe the "little old women" in the narrator's story.
3. According to the editor, why is Francois Mauriac "one of the most sensitive witnesses of our threatened world?"
4. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
5. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
6. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
7. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
8. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
9. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
10. Why does the prodigal son's older brother claim to be different from the prodigal son?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)