|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
2. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To cloak his poverty.
(b) To listen in on the family's conversation.
(c) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
(d) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
3. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
(d) Short stories.
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
(b) Bella Ville.
5. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
(a) Atheist writers in France.
(b) Methodist writers in Prague.
(c) Baptist writers in Prague.
(d) Catholic writers in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
2. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
3. What was the basis of the poem that admitted Judas to the Sanhedrin?
4. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
5. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
2. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
3. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
4. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
5. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
6. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
7. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
8. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
9. Why was a fire only kept in the dining room and in the room of the narrator's mother in "Grand-Lebrun?"
10. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)