|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
2. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
(a) His father's face.
(c) His mother's face.
(d) His brothers.
3. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
(d) Bella Ville.
4. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His lips.
(d) His nose.
5. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(b) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
(c) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(d) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
2. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
4. What publication did Camus come to be editor of?
5. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
2. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
3. According to the editor, why is Francois Mauriac "one of the most sensitive witnesses of our threatened world?"
4. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
5. Why was a fire only kept in the dining room and in the room of the narrator's mother in "Grand-Lebrun?"
6. According to the narrator in "Grand-Lebrun," what causes children to look for God?
7. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
8. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
9. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
10. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)