|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A deep sea.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A lion.
(d) An affectionate dog.
2. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
3. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
5. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
2. How did Mauriac live as a child?
3. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
4. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
5. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
2. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
3. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
4. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
5. What does the prodigal son's father do when the prodigal son returns home?
6. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
7. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
8. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
9. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
10. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)