|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) "Exit Only."
(b) "No Entry."
2. What is the first thing the prodigal son's father does when he sees his son?
(b) Opens his arms.
(d) Turns away from him.
3. What story made Judas want to hide?
(a) The Lost Sheep.
(b) The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man.
(c) The Sower.
(d) The Wedding Feast.
4. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
(a) A dark cloud.
(b) A light in the darkness.
(c) A simpleton.
(d) A weak creature.
5. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
2. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
3. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
5. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
2. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
3. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
4. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
5. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
6. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
7. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
8. What is the prodigal son planning on saying to his father to get his father to accept him back?
9. Why did Daru feel like a lord given his meager lifestyle?
10. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)