|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The prodigal son leaving again.
(b) The oldest son leaving.
(c) The father leaving.
(d) The youngest son leaving.
2. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
3. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
4. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Fredrick Caspussent.
(b) Francois LeBourne.
(c) Charles Rouge.
(d) Louis Larpe.
5. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a reflection in a mirror.
(b) As a painting.
(c) As a truth.
(d) As a heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
2. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
3. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
4. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
5. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
2. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
3. In "Grand-Lebrun," why does the narrator choose to recall his time at his former school?
4. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
5. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
6. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
7. Why did Daru feel like a lord given his meager lifestyle?
8. In "Grand-Lebrun," describe the "little old women" in the narrator's story.
9. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
10. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)