|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To perform miracles.
(b) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(c) To keep Jesus from harm.
(d) To limit self-sacrifice.
2. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(b) He will turn him away.
(c) He will welcome him into the home.
(d) He will punish him harshly.
3. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
(b) Monte Pire.
4. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
(b) To listen in on the family's conversation.
(c) To cloak his poverty.
(d) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
5. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
2. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
4. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
5. Where was Albert Camus born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
2. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
3. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
4. Describe the sight in "The Guest" that Daru witnessed while he watched the two men come up the mountain to the schoolhouse.
5. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
6. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
7. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
8. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
9. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
10. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)