|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
2. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a reflection in a mirror.
(b) As a painting.
(c) As a heresy.
(d) As a truth.
3. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
(a) "Noir Age".
(b) "Le Comfort Intellectuel".
(c) "Pomme de Terre".
(d) "Noir Aime".
4. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
(a) The walrus.
(b) A handlebar one.
(c) Fu Manchu.
(d) A military one.
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Here and now.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Pray and love.
(d) Love and honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
3. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
5. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
2. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
3. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
4. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
5. Why is the eldest son harsher than the father is regarding the prodigal son?
6. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
7. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
8. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
9. Why did the prodigal son leave home?
10. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)