|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
(a) Judas is hanging himself.
(b) Judas is tending to his duties as a disciple.
(c) Judas is accepting his 30 pieces of silver.
(d) Judas is watching Jesus be arrested.
2. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
(a) "Pomme de Terre".
(b) "Noir Aime".
(c) "Noir Age".
(d) "Le Comfort Intellectuel".
3. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
(a) "No fear, no fear!"
(b) "Never again...ever, ever again."
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "It's me! It's me!"
4. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Brown and black.
(b) Blue and white.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Black and white.
5. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
(c) Assault on a military officer.
(d) Weapons possession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
2. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
3. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
4. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
5. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
2. Why did Judas find himself above all other of Jesus' disciples?
3. Why does Judas claim that readers should not be against the Pharisees?
4. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
5. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
6. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
7. What does Daru do with the Arab at the end of the story?
8. Why did the narrator live in a "poetic trance" while at Grand-Lebrun?
9. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
10. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)