|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Peyronie's disease.
(b) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
(d) Bubonic Plague.
2. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will punish him harshly.
(c) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(d) He will welcome him into the home.
3. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
4. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Brown and black.
5. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
(b) Sweet acorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
2. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
3. Where must Daru take the Arab?
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
5. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
2. According to Judas, how is a paralytic described after he has been cured?
3. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
4. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
5. Why did Judas have the right to transfer funds into his own personal account?
6. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
7. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
8. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
9. Why was a fire only kept in the dining room and in the room of the narrator's mother in "Grand-Lebrun?"
10. Why does the prodigal son's older brother claim to be different from the prodigal son?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)