|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
(a) He will kill his father and marry her.
(b) He will kill her.
(c) He will be a great war hero.
(d) He will be a saint.
2. What does Jean Bridelle compare the borders of small trees to?
(a) Flocks of birds.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A field of wildflowers.
(d) Rows of schoolboys.
3. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
(a) A flower.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A pillow.
4. What story made Maupassant famous?
(a) "Deux Amis".
(c) "Fort comme la mort".
(d) "Boule de Suif".
5. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
(a) The loss of his son.
(c) The loss of his father.
(d) His imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
2. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
3. When did Baudelaire die?
4. What planet is Micromegas from?
5. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean Bridelle describe the nursery?
2. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
3. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
4. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
5. Explain the prophecy and circumstances that Julian's mother heard of his future in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler."
6. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
7. Why are the secretary and the other men of his planet upset with the small number (72) of senses that they have in "Micromegas?"
8. Why is Horace surprised that Desplein attended a mass?
9. In "The Mass of the Atheist," why was the famous French surgeon Desplein's death upsetting, even for his enemies?
10. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)