|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
(a) Gives him everything that he has.
(b) Drowns him.
(c) Hangs him by a fishing net.
(d) Shuns him.
2. What is the little boy who is laying in the grass looking at?
(a) A beggar pulling a cart.
(b) A bird flying in the sky.
(c) A poor boy on the other side of the gate.
(d) A slave working in the garden.
3. How is Jean Bridelle looked upon by others?
(a) As a skeptic.
(b) As a murderer.
(c) As a philosopher.
(d) As a heretic.
4. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
(a) The loss of his wife.
(b) The loss of a father.
(c) The loss of a child.
(d) The loss of a mother.
5. What nationality was Voltaire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
2. Where is the water carrier from that Desplein treats?
3. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
4. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
5. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the garden mean for the old couple in "Minuet?"
2. Why did people dislike Desplein?
3. Why was Micromegas impressed by the secretary of the Academy of Saturn?
4. Explain the prophecy and circumstances that Julian's mother heard of his future in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler."
5. Why was Micromegas condemned?
6. How did the curse of the stag come to be true in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler?"
7. Why is Micromegas and the Saturnian surprised by the men on the ship?
8. What was Desplein's first selfless act that Horace witnessed?
9. What does Jean Bridelle see the old man doing in the garden?
10. According to Jean Bridelle, in "Minuet," what is the most violent grief a man and mother can bear?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)