|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Micromegas exiled from his home planet?
(a) For stealing.
(b) For adulterous behaviors.
(c) For writing a book.
(d) For murder.
2. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The closet.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The painting.
3. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 8,000 years.
(b) 800 years.
(c) 80 years.
(d) 800,000 years.
4. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
(a) Horace Bianchon.
(b) Michelle Brogiese.
(c) Patrick Mentaon.
(d) Henre Vermaise.
5. In "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler", who is the leper in reality?
(a) HIs brother.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
2. What nationality was Voltaire?
3. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
4. What is Jean Bridelle's most cherished pleasure?
5. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
2. Why was Micromegas condemned?
3. What does the garden mean for the old couple in "Minuet?"
4. What was Julian taught when he was seven-years-old?
5. How does Jean Bridelle describe the nursery?
6. Who cursed Julian? Why?
7. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
8. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
9. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
10. Why is Micromegas and the Saturnian surprised by the men on the ship?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)