|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Baudelaire die?
2. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A horse.
(c) A clown.
(d) An actor.
3. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Wrote a book for him.
(b) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
(c) Established a mass for him.
(d) Finished school for him.
4. What religion does Desplein practice?
(c) None; he is an atheist.
5. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
2. To whom does the narrator in "The Old Clown" compare those yelling out "witticisms and jokes of a solid heavy humor"?
3. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
4. What does "une maniere de sentir" mean?
5. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the garden mean for the old couple in "Minuet?"
2. According to Jean Bridelle, in "Minuet," what is the most violent grief a man and mother can bear?
3. Why did Daru have bags of wheat in the schoolhouse?
4. Why did Dutilleul "show" his power to pass through walls to his superior?
5. What did Dutilleul's coworkers do when they found out that he was the "Werewolf?"
6. Why was Micromegas condemned?
7. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
8. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
9. Why did people dislike Desplein?
10. Describe Dutilleul in "The Passer-Through-Walls."
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)