|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
(a) The loss of a father.
(b) The loss of a child.
(c) The loss of a mother.
(d) The loss of his wife.
2. What has happened to Julian's parents since he left them and married?
(a) They have become richer.
(b) They have become very poor.
(c) They have had another son to carry on their name.
(d) They have arranged a marriage for him.
3. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
(a) Being the most unethical doctor in the land.
(b) Being a disbarred doctor.
(c) Being a famous eye doctor.
(d) Being an expert and skillfull surgeon.
4. What religion does Desplein practice?
(a) None; he is an atheist.
5. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
2. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
3. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
4. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
5. How tall is Micromegas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men on the ship tell Micromegas and the Saturnian their time is spent doing?
2. Why are the secretary and the other men of his planet upset with the small number (72) of senses that they have in "Micromegas?"
3. Explain the prophecy and circumstances that Julian's mother heard of his future in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler."
4. In "The Rope," why did the mother of the boy who committed suicide come to the narrator's home?
5. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
6. How did the curse of the stag come to be true in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler?"
7. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
8. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
9. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
10. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)