|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
2. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
(a) Because it is a time to celebrate work.
(b) Because it is a time to celebrate sacrifice.
(c) Because it is a time to forget one's troubles.
(d) Because it is a time of new births.
3. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
4. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
(a) He will be a saint.
(b) He will kill his father and marry her.
(c) He will be a great war hero.
(d) He will kill her.
5. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
(a) He will be a great ruler and conqueror.
(b) He will kill him to take control of the estate.
(c) He will become a petty thief.
(d) He will kill the King and marry the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people sprawled everywhere in "The Old Clown"?
2. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
3. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
4. What religion was the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
5. Who pays for the masses that Desplein attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances surrounding Julian's first murder.
2. What was Desplein's first selfless act that Horace witnessed?
3. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
4. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
5. Why was Micromegas condemned?
6. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
7. Who cursed Julian? Why?
8. Why are the secretary and the other men of his planet upset with the small number (72) of senses that they have in "Micromegas?"
9. How does Jean Bridelle describe the nursery?
10. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)