|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
(a) That it is not for him to judge him.
(b) That they balance completely.
(c) That they do not balance.
(d) That it is none of his business.
2. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
3. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
(a) Being a famous eye doctor.
(b) Being an expert and skillfull surgeon.
(c) Being the most unethical doctor in the land.
(d) Being a disbarred doctor.
4. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is ruined.
(b) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It is blank.
5. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler", who is the leper in reality?
2. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
3. To whom does the narrator in " The Old Clown" compare the muscle men to?
4. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
5. What did the water carrier do for Desplein when they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people dislike Desplein?
2. Who cursed Julian? Why?
3. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
4. In "The Old Clown," why were people "sprawled everywhere?"
5. According to "The Poor Boy's Toy," how do rich children differ from poor ones?
6. Why was Micromegas impressed by the secretary of the Academy of Saturn?
7. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
8. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
9. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
10. Describe the circumstances surrounding Julian's first murder.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)