|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is ruined.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is blank.
(d) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
2. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
3. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because it has been banned.
(b) Because there are no more kings.
(c) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(d) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
4. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
(a) A writer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A painter.
(d) A doctor.
5. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
(a) A homeless hermit.
(b) An angel.
(c) A demon.
(d) A strange beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
2. Where was "Minuet" first published?
3. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
4. What religion does Desplein practice?
5. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
2. Who cursed Julian? Why?
3. Why was a fire only kept in the dining room and in the room of the narrator's mother in "Grand-Lebrun?"
4. Describe the old clown.
5. Who was "caught" by Jesus, according to Judas?
6. Why does Judas claim that all young people should come and gaze upon his dead body?
7. What were the circumstances surrounding Dutilleul's first burglary?
8. Why was Micromegas condemned?
9. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
10. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)