|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean Bridelle, in the beginning of "Minuet", what has he seen at close range?
2. What is laying on the grass next to the boy behind the iron gate?
(a) A magnificent toy.
(b) A beautiful dog.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) His nanny.
3. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
(a) A flower.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A pillow.
4. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
5. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
(a) A broken ornament.
(b) A live rat.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A dead bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
2. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
3. In "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler", who is the leper in reality?
4. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
5. What does "une maniere de sentir" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
2. How does Jean Bridelle describe the nursery?
3. Why did people dislike Desplein?
4. According to Jean Bridelle, in "Minuet," what is the most violent grief a man and mother can bear?
5. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
6. What does Jean Bridelle see the old man doing in the garden?
7. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
8. Explain the prophecy and circumstances that Julian's mother heard of his future in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler."
9. Describe the old clown.
10. Why was Micromegas impressed by the secretary of the Academy of Saturn?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)