|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
(a) A lake without fish.
(b) A mountain without snow.
(c) A sky without stars.
(d) A light without heat.
2. What religion was the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
3. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
(a) "Les Fluers du Mal".
(b) "La Revue des Deux Mondes".
(c) "De Noire Pomme de Terre".
(d) "Blanche Carte".
4. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
5. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
2. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
3. How is Jean Bridelle looked upon by others?
4. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
5. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the old clown.
2. According to "The Poor Boy's Toy," how do rich children differ from poor ones?
3. What does Jean Bridelle see the old man doing in the garden?
4. Why did people dislike Desplein?
5. According to Jean Bridelle, in "Minuet," what is the most violent grief a man and mother can bear?
6. Why is Horace surprised that Desplein attended a mass?
7. What would Jean Bridelle do in the garden almost every morning?
8. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
9. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
10. In "The Old Clown," why were people "sprawled everywhere?"
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)