|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
2. What story made Maupassant famous?
(b) "Deux Amis".
(c) "Fort comme la mort".
(d) "Boule de Suif".
3. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
(b) Guichets mythe or myth teller.
(c) Conteur-observer and storyteller.
4. What does Jean Bridelle compare the nursery in Luxembourg to?
(a) The sweet smile of an old lady.
(b) The purring of a lion.
(c) The unscavenged North Sentinel Island.
(d) The lush rainforests of the Amazon.
5. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Wrote a book for him.
(b) Established a mass for him.
(c) Finished school for him.
(d) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
2. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
3. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
4. Where does Micromegas finally find human life-forms?
5. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Desplein's first selfless act that Horace witnessed?
2. What do the men on the ship tell Micromegas and the Saturnian their time is spent doing?
3. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
4. Why is Horace surprised that Desplein attended a mass?
5. Why did people dislike Desplein?
6. Who cursed Julian? Why?
7. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
8. Why was Micromegas condemned?
9. Why is Micromegas and the Saturnian surprised by the men on the ship?
10. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)