|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
(a) He is a freak of biblical proportions.
(b) He is externally atheistic but internally religious.
(c) He is externally religious but internally atheistic.
(d) He is a religiously confused man with a God-owned soul.
2. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
(a) A locket.
(b) A painting.
(c) A special mirror.
(d) A book.
3. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
(a) He will be a great war hero.
(b) He will be a saint.
(c) He will kill his father and marry her.
(d) He will kill her.
4. What must Micromegas use to see life on Earth?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A drop of water.
(c) A microscope.
(d) Special eyeglasses.
5. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
(a) Hides in the back of the church.
(b) Kneels by him.
(c) Goes into confession.
(d) Tells the priest that Desplein does not belong in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
2. Where is the water carrier from that Desplein treats?
3. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
4. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
5. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the curse of the stag come to be true in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler?"
2. Why was Micromegas impressed by the secretary of the Academy of Saturn?
3. What was Desplein's first selfless act that Horace witnessed?
4. Why was Micromegas condemned?
5. According to the old couple, what is the minuet?
6. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
7. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
8. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
9. According to "The Poor Boy's Toy," how do rich children differ from poor ones?
10. What was Julian taught when he was seven-years-old?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)