|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His father.
2. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
(d) A priest.
3. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
(a) A sky without stars.
(b) A lake without fish.
(c) A mountain without snow.
(d) A light without heat.
4. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
(a) He almost kills his son.
(b) He almost kills his mother.
(c) He almost kils himself.
(d) He almost kills his father.
5. To whom does the narrator in " The Old Clown" compare the muscle men to?
(d) Inflated balloons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
2. In "The Rope," what did the storyteller ask of the parents of the boy?
3. What is the little boy who is laying in the grass looking at?
4. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
5. How is Jean Bridelle looked upon by others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daru believe that Balducci is playing a joke on him when he tells Daru of the order for Daru to transport the Arab?
2. According to the old couple, what is the minuet?
3. Why did the narrator shun the boy in "The Rope?"
4. Why is the Arab being transported to another village in "The Guest?"
5. In "The Rope," why did the mother of the boy who committed suicide come to the narrator's home?
6. How does Dutilleul come to find out about his power?
7. What is the rich boy looking at in "The Poor Boy's Toy?"
8. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
9. How does the prodigal son answer his father about his reasons for returning home?
10. What happened to Dutilleul's superior because of the scare that Dutilleul gave him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)