|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
(a) He cries.
(b) He leaves immediately.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
3. What planet is Micromegas from?
4. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
(b) Guichets mythe or myth teller.
(c) Conteur-observer and storyteller.
5. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
(a) 6,000 feet tall.
(b) 60 feet tall.
(c) 600 feet tall.
(d) 60,000 feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Voltaire?
2. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
3. What did the water carrier do for Desplein when they met?
4. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
5. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people dislike Desplein?
2. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
3. Describe the circumstances surrounding Julian's first murder.
4. In "The Rope," why did the mother of the boy who committed suicide come to the narrator's home?
5. Describe the type of friend that Horace Bianchon was.
6. Why is Micromegas' name appropriate?
7. How did the curse of the stag come to be true in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler?"
8. Why is Micromegas and the Saturnian surprised by the men on the ship?
9. Why was Micromegas impressed by the secretary of the Academy of Saturn?
10. Explain the prophecy and circumstances about his future that Julian's father heard.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)