|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
2. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
(a) Search for his family.
(b) Vacation on Mars only.
(c) Travel the universe.
(d) Start a family.
3. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
(a) A homeless hermit.
(b) An angel.
(c) A strange beggar.
(d) A demon.
4. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
5. According to the editor in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what idea does the narrator want to convey?
(b) The wealth of the poor.
(c) The poorness of the wealthy.
(d) Innocent diversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
2. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
3. What does Jean Bridelle compare the nursery in Luxembourg to?
4. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
5. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Desplein saw the earth.
2. How did the curse of the stag come to be true in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler?"
3. Describe the circumstances surrounding Julian's first murder.
4. Why are the secretary and the other men of his planet upset with the small number (72) of senses that they have in "Micromegas?"
5. What does the garden mean for the old couple in "Minuet?"
6. Why did people dislike Desplein?
7. Why is Horace surprised that Desplein attended a mass?
8. What was Julian taught when he was seven-years-old?
9. What was Desplein's first selfless act that Horace witnessed?
10. What does Jean Bridelle see the old man doing in the garden?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)