|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
(b) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(c) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(d) "Care for those around you, and only those."
2. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will welcome him into the home.
(c) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(d) He will punish him harshly.
3. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
4. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
(a) Judas is hanging himself.
(b) Judas is watching Jesus be arrested.
(c) Judas is accepting his 30 pieces of silver.
(d) Judas is tending to his duties as a disciple.
5. What story made Judas want to hide?
(a) The Wedding Feast.
(b) The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man.
(c) The Sower.
(d) The Lost Sheep.
6. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
7. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(b) Simon Peter.
8. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
(a) Pure fantasy.
(d) Love stories.
9. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Fredrick Caspussent.
(b) Francois LeBourne.
(c) Louis Larpe.
(d) Charles Rouge.
10. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) "Exit Only."
(b) "No Entry."
11. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Fox."
(b) "The Storm."
(c) "The Werewolf."
(d) "The Ghost."
12. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
(a) His mother's face.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His father's face.
13. How long did Gide spend writing "The Return of the Prodigal Son"?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
14. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Tinguit.
(c) To Ameur.
(d) To Paris.
15. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
(a) Sweet acorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
2. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
3. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
4. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
5. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)