|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
2. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A robe.
(c) A drink.
(d) A snack.
3. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
4. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) February 1955.
(b) April 1903.
(c) June 1784.
(d) December 1890.
5. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
6. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will punish him harshly.
(b) He will welcome him into the home.
(c) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(d) He will turn him away.
7. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a reflection in a mirror.
(b) As a painting.
(c) As a heresy.
(d) As a truth.
8. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
9. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
10. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
11. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His nose.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His lips.
12. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The oldest son leaving.
(b) The youngest son leaving.
(c) The prodigal son leaving again.
(d) The father leaving.
13. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
14. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To cloak his poverty.
(b) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
(c) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
(d) To listen in on the family's conversation.
15. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Louis Larpe.
(b) Charles Rouge.
(c) Francois LeBourne.
(d) Fredrick Caspussent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
2. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. What story made Judas want to hide?
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what did the main character do for a living?
5. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)