|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will punish him harshly.
(c) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(d) He will welcome him into the home.
3. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Ameur.
(d) To Tinguit.
4. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
(a) He wanted to gain a higher position with the Romans.
(b) He wanted the silver.
(c) He wanted to see what "He" was up to.
(d) He was tired of Jesus looking over him.
5. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
6. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
(a) The vineyards of France.
(b) The mountain ranges in France.
(c) The four rivers in France.
(d) The plain regions of France.
7. Where was Albert Camus born?
8. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(d) Simon Peter.
9. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
10. What kind of tea does Daru offer the men who have come to the schoolhouse?
11. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
12. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
13. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(b) The older brother.
(d) The younger brother.
14. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Paul Claudel.
(b) Arthur Fontaine.
(c) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(d) Francis James.
15. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
(a) A revolver.
(b) Arrest papers.
(d) An extradition warrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the prodigal son's father does when he sees his son?
2. What was the basis of the poem that admitted Judas to the Sanhedrin?
3. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
4. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
5. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)