|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
2. Where was Albert Camus born?
3. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what did the main character do for a living?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A warehouse supplier.
(d) A third-grade employee.
4. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Pure fantasy.
5. What does Mauriac recall his mother saying she did with fire?
(a) Ate it.
(b) Lived it.
(c) Feared it.
(d) Drank it.
6. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(b) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
(c) Peyronie's disease.
(d) Bubonic Plague.
7. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
8. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
(a) Lucius of Cyrene.
(c) Philip the Evangelist.
9. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(b) To perform miracles.
(c) To keep Jesus from harm.
(d) To limit self-sacrifice.
10. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The prodigal son leaving again.
(b) The oldest son leaving.
(c) The father leaving.
(d) The youngest son leaving.
11. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
(a) The four rivers in France.
(b) The mountain ranges in France.
(c) The vineyards of France.
(d) The plain regions of France.
12. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
13. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
14. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
15. What story made Judas want to hide?
(a) The Lost Sheep.
(b) The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man.
(c) The Sower.
(d) The Wedding Feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
2. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
3. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
4. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
5. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)