|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) Hardening of the strangulatory wall of the thyroid vesicle.
(b) Aquagenic Urticaria.
(c) Chairi Malformation.
(d) Hyperthymesic Syndrome.
2. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
3. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
(c) Assault on a military officer.
(d) Weapons possession.
4. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
(b) The oldest son lives by order.
(c) The oldest son has no honor.
(d) The oldest son has pride.
5. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A lion.
(c) A deep sea.
(d) An affectionate dog.
6. Where was Albert Camus born?
7. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
8. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Brown and black.
9. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A hibernating bear.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) A raging lion.
(d) A sleeping lamb.
10. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Louis Larpe.
(b) Fredrick Caspussent.
(c) Charles Rouge.
(d) Francois LeBourne.
11. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
12. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
13. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Ameur.
(d) To Tinguit.
14. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Werewolf."
(b) "The Storm."
(c) "The Ghost."
(d) "The Fox."
15. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
2. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
3. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
4. What kind of tea does Daru offer the men who have come to the schoolhouse?
5. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)