|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
3. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
4. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(b) The older brother.
(c) The younger brother.
5. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(b) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
(c) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(d) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
6. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
(a) "No fear, no fear!"
(b) "Never again...ever, ever again."
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "It's me! It's me!"
7. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
8. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
(b) Jesus' advisor.
9. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) December 1890.
(b) June 1784.
(c) February 1955.
(d) April 1903.
10. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Tinguit.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Ameur.
(d) To Paris.
11. What does the prodigal son's father accuse his son of doing when he asked him why he left?
(a) Not wanting to be a part of the family.
(b) Splitting hairs.
(c) Running away from working.
(d) Not loving his mother.
12. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Werewolf."
(b) "The Ghost."
(c) "The Storm."
(d) "The Fox."
13. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
14. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
(a) Bella Ville.
15. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A fast learner.
(b) A bright student.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) A chosen vessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story made Judas want to hide?
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
3. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
4. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
5. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)