|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
2. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Fredrick Caspussent.
(b) Charles Rouge.
(c) Louis Larpe.
(d) Francois LeBourne.
3. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
(a) Judas is accepting his 30 pieces of silver.
(b) Judas is watching Jesus be arrested.
(c) Judas is hanging himself.
(d) Judas is tending to his duties as a disciple.
4. What does the prodigal son's father accuse his son of doing when he asked him why he left?
(a) Running away from working.
(b) Not wanting to be a part of the family.
(c) Splitting hairs.
(d) Not loving his mother.
5. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) April 1903.
(b) June 1784.
(c) December 1890.
(d) February 1955.
6. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To perform miracles.
(d) To keep Jesus from harm.
7. How did Mauriac live as a child?
(a) In a static pathway.
(b) In a poetic trance.
(c) In a nightmare.
(d) In fear.
8. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Pray and love.
(b) Here and now.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Stay and fight.
9. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
(a) His mother's face.
(b) His father's face.
(c) His brothers.
10. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(d) Simon Peter.
11. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
(a) The House.
(b) His mother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His father.
12. How long did Gide spend writing "The Return of the Prodigal Son"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A chosen vessel.
(b) A bright student.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) A fast learner.
14. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
(a) The mountain ranges in France.
(b) The four rivers in France.
(c) The vineyards of France.
(d) The plain regions of France.
15. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
2. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
3. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
4. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
5. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)