|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
2. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To limit self-sacrifice.
(b) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(c) To keep Jesus from harm.
(d) To perform miracles.
3. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
4. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
(a) A simpleton.
(b) A weak creature.
(c) A light in the darkness.
(d) A dark cloud.
5. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
(d) Short stories.
6. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
(b) Arrest papers.
(c) A revolver.
(d) An extradition warrant.
7. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
(a) Monte Pire.
8. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
9. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(d) Jean Giraudoux.
10. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The oldest son leaving.
(b) The prodigal son leaving again.
(c) The father leaving.
(d) The youngest son leaving.
11. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
12. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
13. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Ameur.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Tinguit.
14. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
15. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(a) The younger brother.
(b) The older brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
2. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
4. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
5. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)