Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(b) Paul Claudel.
(c) Francis James.
(d) Arthur Fontaine.
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
(b) The oldest son lives by order.
(c) The oldest son has pride.
(d) The oldest son has no honor.
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a painting.
(b) As a heresy.
(c) As a truth.
(d) As a reflection in a mirror.
5. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
(c) Bubonic Plague.
(d) Peyronie's disease.
6. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
7. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
8. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
(a) He wanted to gain a higher position with the Romans.
(b) He wanted to see what "He" was up to.
(c) He was tired of Jesus looking over him.
(d) He wanted the silver.
9. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
(a) "Le Comfort Intellectuel".
(b) "Noir Aime".
(c) "Noir Age".
(d) "Pomme de Terre".
10. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
11. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
12. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
13. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
14. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
(c) Philip the Evangelist.
(d) Lucius of Cyrene.
15. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) February 1955.
(b) December 1890.
(c) April 1903.
(d) June 1784.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
2. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
3. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
4. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
5. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)