|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To perform miracles.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To keep Jesus from harm.
(d) To make Jesus known everywhere.
2. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His nose.
(c) His lips.
(d) His teeth.
3. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
(b) Lucius of Cyrene.
(d) Philip the Evangelist.
5. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
6. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
7. How long did Gide spend writing "The Return of the Prodigal Son"?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
9. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
10. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
11. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
12. Where was Albert Camus born?
13. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
(a) When it is light.
(b) When it is frozen.
(c) When it is warmed.
(d) When it is soft.
14. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
(a) Arrest papers.
(b) A revolver.
(d) An extradition warrant.
15. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Francis James.
(b) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(c) Paul Claudel.
(d) Arthur Fontaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have American reviewers of translations called Ayme?
2. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
4. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)