|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Louis Larpe.
(b) Francois LeBourne.
(c) Fredrick Caspussent.
(d) Charles Rouge.
2. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
(a) The House.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
4. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
(a) A robe.
(b) A snack.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A drink.
5. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
6. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
7. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
8. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
(a) A military one.
(b) The walrus.
(c) Fu Manchu.
(d) A handlebar one.
9. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Werewolf."
(b) "The Ghost."
(c) "The Fox."
(d) "The Storm."
10. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A chosen vessel.
(b) A fast learner.
(c) A bright student.
(d) A waste of time.
11. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
12. How old was the main character when his power was revealed to him?
13. What does Mauriac recall his mother saying she did with fire?
(a) Feared it.
(b) Drank it.
(c) Lived it.
(d) Ate it.
14. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
15. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Ameur.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Tinguit.
(d) To Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
2. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
3. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
4. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
5. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)