Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
2. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
3. Where was Albert Camus born?
4. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Louis Larpe.
(b) Charles Rouge.
(c) Francois LeBourne.
(d) Fredrick Caspussent.
5. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
(a) "It's me! It's me!"
(b) "Forgive me."
(c) "Never again...ever, ever again."
(d) "No fear, no fear!"
6. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(a) The younger brother.
(c) The older brother.
7. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
8. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
9. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Love and honor.
(b) Pray and love.
(c) Here and now.
(d) Stay and fight.
10. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A bright student.
(b) A fast learner.
(c) A chosen vessel.
(d) A waste of time.
11. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
(a) Short stories.
12. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
13. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
14. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
15. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
(a) Catholic writers in France.
(b) Atheist writers in France.
(c) Baptist writers in Prague.
(d) Methodist writers in Prague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the youngest son ask of the prodigal son?
2. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
3. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
4. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
5. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)