|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
2. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
3. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A bright student.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A fast learner.
(d) A chosen vessel.
5. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
6. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Storm."
(b) "The Fox."
(c) "The Ghost."
(d) "The Werewolf."
7. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son has pride.
(b) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
(c) The oldest son has no honor.
(d) The oldest son lives by order.
8. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To cloak his poverty.
(b) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
(c) To listen in on the family's conversation.
(d) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
9. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
10. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
11. Where was Albert Camus born?
12. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
13. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
(a) The walrus.
(b) A handlebar one.
(c) Fu Manchu.
(d) A military one.
14. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
(a) He was tired of Jesus looking over him.
(b) He wanted the silver.
(c) He wanted to see what "He" was up to.
(d) He wanted to gain a higher position with the Romans.
15. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
2. How did Mauriac live as a child?
3. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
4. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
5. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)