|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
2. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
3. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(d) Simon Peter.
4. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
(a) The vineyards of France.
(b) The four rivers in France.
(c) The mountain ranges in France.
(d) The plain regions of France.
5. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
6. After 1948, to what writing genre did Ayme devote most of his talent toward?
(b) Short stories.
7. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
8. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
9. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son has no honor.
(b) The oldest son lives by order.
(c) The oldest son has pride.
(d) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
10. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
11. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
12. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Bubonic Plague.
(b) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
(c) Peyronie's disease.
13. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) April 1903.
(b) December 1890.
(c) June 1784.
(d) February 1955.
14. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A hibernating bear.
(b) A sleeping lamb.
(c) A raging lion.
(d) A jellyfish.
15. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
2. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
3. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
4. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
5. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)