|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
2. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
3. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
4. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
5. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
6. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
7. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
(a) When it is light.
(b) When it is warmed.
(c) When it is frozen.
(d) When it is soft.
8. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(c) "Exit Only."
(d) "No Entry."
9. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
10. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To keep Jesus from harm.
(d) To perform miracles.
11. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
12. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
13. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
(a) "Never again...ever, ever again."
(b) "No fear, no fear!"
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "It's me! It's me!"
14. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
(a) The mountain ranges in France.
(b) The plain regions of France.
(c) The four rivers in France.
(d) The vineyards of France.
15. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Fredrick Caspussent.
(b) Louis Larpe.
(c) Charles Rouge.
(d) Francois LeBourne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
2. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
3. Where must Daru take the Arab?
4. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
5. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)