|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A chosen vessel.
(c) A bright student.
(d) A fast learner.
2. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(b) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(c) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
(d) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
3. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Pure fantasy.
4. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Love and honor.
(b) Pray and love.
(c) Stay and fight.
(d) Here and now.
6. What does Daru give the Arab in addition to food?
7. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
8. How long did Gide spend writing "The Return of the Prodigal Son"?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
9. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Louis Larpe.
(b) Francois LeBourne.
(c) Fredrick Caspussent.
(d) Charles Rouge.
10. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Brown and black.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Red and white.
11. What does the prodigal son's father tell the servants to get for the prodigal son?
(a) A snack.
(b) A robe.
(c) A drink.
(d) A pipe.
12. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
13. What does the prodigal son's father accuse his son of doing when he asked him why he left?
(a) Not wanting to be a part of the family.
(b) Not loving his mother.
(c) Splitting hairs.
(d) Running away from working.
14. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His lips.
(b) His nose.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His eyes.
15. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
2. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
3. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
4. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
5. What story made Judas want to hide?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)