|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
2. What does the youngest son ask of the prodigal son?
(a) To talk him out of leaving.
(b) To leave with him.
(c) To stay and comfort mother.
(d) To keep the family from looking for him.
3. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
(b) Jesus' advisor.
4. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
5. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His nose.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His lips.
6. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what did the main character do for a living?
(a) A warehouse supplier.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A third-grade employee.
7. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
8. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
9. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
(c) Sweet acorns.
10. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
11. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
12. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
(b) Arrest papers.
(c) A revolver.
(d) An extradition warrant.
13. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) Hardening of the strangulatory wall of the thyroid vesicle.
(b) Aquagenic Urticaria.
(c) Hyperthymesic Syndrome.
(d) Chairi Malformation.
14. What was the basis of the poem that admitted Judas to the Sanhedrin?
(a) The inelegance of a martyr.
(b) The heroic obstinacy of the Maccabees.
(c) The pompousness of royalty.
(d) The ostentatiousness of the Verusians.
15. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
(b) Monte Pire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
2. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
3. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
4. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
5. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)