|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(b) The younger brother.
(c) The older brother.
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Brown and black.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Red and white.
3. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
4. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
(a) His father.
(b) The House.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His mother.
5. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Here and now.
(b) Pray and love.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Stay and fight.
6. How many times did the main character put his head through the wall to frighten his boss on the first day?
7. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His nose.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His lips.
8. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
9. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
10. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
11. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
(b) Philip the Evangelist.
(c) Lucius of Cyrene.
12. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
13. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
14. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) Hardening of the strangulatory wall of the thyroid vesicle.
(b) Chairi Malformation.
(c) Aquagenic Urticaria.
(d) Hyperthymesic Syndrome.
15. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) An affectionate dog.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A deep sea.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
2. What does the youngest son ask of the prodigal son?
3. What have American reviewers of translations called Ayme?
4. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
5. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)