|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
(d) Sweet acorns.
2. What is the name of the man who was able to pass through walls?
3. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
(c) Love stories.
(d) Pure fantasy.
4. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A hibernating bear.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) A raging lion.
(d) A sleeping lamb.
5. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) Aquagenic Urticaria.
(b) Hyperthymesic Syndrome.
(c) Chairi Malformation.
(d) Hardening of the strangulatory wall of the thyroid vesicle.
6. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A chosen vessel.
(b) A bright student.
(c) A fast learner.
(d) A waste of time.
7. What made the prodigal son feel close to his father?
8. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
9. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
10. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To cloak his poverty.
(b) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
(c) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
(d) To listen in on the family's conversation.
11. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(b) Jean Giraudoux.
12. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
(c) He will punish him harshly.
(d) He will welcome him into the home.
13. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
(a) Fu Manchu.
(b) A military one.
(c) A handlebar one.
(d) The walrus.
14. What is the first thing the prodigal son's father does when he sees his son?
(b) Turns away from him.
(d) Opens his arms.
15. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
2. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
3. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
4. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
5. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)