|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
(a) When it is soft.
(b) When it is light.
(c) When it is warmed.
(d) When it is frozen.
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", what color are the tiles of the school floor?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Brown and black.
3. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
4. Where was Albert Camus born?
5. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
(a) Jesus' advisor.
6. What does the prodigal son first think about after falling out of love with himself?
(a) His father's face.
(b) His brothers.
(d) His mother's face.
7. Who does Judas begin to visit when he decides he wants to know "the other side of things"?
8. At the time of printing, where did Ayme reside?
(a) Bella Ville.
9. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(b) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(c) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
(d) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
10. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
11. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
12. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
(a) To fall asleep on the steps and have the family find him in the morning.
(b) To listen in on the family's conversation.
(c) He does not wait; he goes during the day.
(d) To cloak his poverty.
13. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
14. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
(a) Judas is watching Jesus be arrested.
(b) Judas is accepting his 30 pieces of silver.
(c) Judas is hanging himself.
(d) Judas is tending to his duties as a disciple.
15. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) June 1784.
(b) February 1955.
(c) December 1890.
(d) April 1903.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
2. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
3. What is the first facial feature that Daru notices about the Arab?
4. What did Mauriac sometimes consider himself?
5. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)