|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
2. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", how does Gide describe his literary work?
(a) As a painting.
(b) As a truth.
(c) As a reflection in a mirror.
(d) As a heresy.
3. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(b) "Exit Only."
(c) "No Entry."
4. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Ameur.
(b) To Tinguit.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Paris.
5. Who spoke at the graduation in "Grand-Lebrun"?
(a) Jean Giraudoux.
6. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
7. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
(a) The oldest son has no honor.
(b) The oldest son has pride.
(c) The oldest son lives by order.
(d) The oldest son only wishes he could leave.
8. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(c) Simon Peter.
9. At what time did the students receive snacks at Grand-Lebrun?
10. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
11. What was the name of the critical work that Ayme wrote?
(a) "Noir Age".
(b) "Noir Aime".
(c) "Pomme de Terre".
(d) "Le Comfort Intellectuel".
12. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To keep Jesus from harm.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To perform miracles.
(d) To make Jesus known everywhere.
13. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
(b) The older brother.
(c) The younger brother.
14. Who did Gide dedicate "The Return of the Prodigal Son" to?
(a) Paul Claudel.
(b) Francis James.
(c) Charles-Louis Philippe.
(d) Arthur Fontaine.
15. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what does the main character collect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
2. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
3. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
4. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
5. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)