|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
(d) Simon Peter.
2. In remembering his time at Grand-Lebrun, what season is it?
3. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To limit self-sacrifice.
(b) To perform miracles.
(c) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(d) To keep Jesus from harm.
4. What is the nearest village to Daru's schoolhouse?
(d) Monte Pire.
5. What does the doctor find is the cause of the main character's special power in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(a) Aquagenic Urticaria.
(b) Chairi Malformation.
(c) Hardening of the strangulatory wall of the thyroid vesicle.
(d) Hyperthymesic Syndrome.
6. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The father leaving.
(b) The youngest son leaving.
(c) The oldest son leaving.
(d) The prodigal son leaving again.
7. What animal's hormones does the doctor prescribe the main character in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
8. What does the main character's office door read in "The Passer-Through-Walls"?
(b) "Exit Only."
(d) "No Entry."
9. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
(b) Weapons possession.
(d) Assault on a military officer.
10. What does Daru keep in the school house to distribute to the schoolchildren?
11. What is happening to Judas during "Mort de Judas"?
(a) Judas is tending to his duties as a disciple.
(b) Judas is hanging himself.
(c) Judas is accepting his 30 pieces of silver.
(d) Judas is watching Jesus be arrested.
12. What illness did Albert Camus have while at university?
(a) Peyronie's disease.
(c) Bubonic Plague.
(d) Refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
13. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Ameur.
(b) To Tinguit.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Paris.
14. Who spoke the following quote about Mauriac: "God is not an artist, and neither is M. Mauriac"?
15. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of printing, how many novels had Ayme written?
2. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
3. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
4. What does the prodigal son's father accuse his son of doing when he asked him why he left?
5. What kind of mustache did M. Lecuyer wear?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)