|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the editor's biography of Mauriac, what does Mauriac consider himself the last of?
(a) Baptist writers in Prague.
(b) Methodist writers in Prague.
(c) Atheist writers in France.
(d) Catholic writers in France.
2. According to the editor, in what genre does Ayme fail to be successful?
(a) Pure fantasy.
(c) Love stories.
3. What publication did Camus come to be editor of?
(a) "Reve Gauche".
(d) "Noir Droite".
4. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To keep Jesus from harm.
(b) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(c) To perform miracles.
(d) To limit self-sacrifice.
5. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what name did the main character give himself during his thievery?
(a) "The Ghost."
(b) "The Storm."
(c) "The Fox."
(d) "The Werewolf."
6. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
7. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", how long does the main character meditate before bed every night?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
8. Where must Daru take the Arab?
(a) To Ameur.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Tinguit.
9. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A sleeping lamb.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) A raging lion.
(d) A hibernating bear.
10. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
(a) He will turn him away.
(b) He will punish him harshly.
(c) He will welcome him into the home.
(d) He will forget both of his other sons and give the remaining money to the prodigal son.
11. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Charles Rouge.
(b) Francois LeBourne.
(c) Fredrick Caspussent.
(d) Louis Larpe.
12. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A lion.
(b) An affectionate dog.
(c) A deep sea.
(d) A canyon.
13. What is the name the children gave to the school buses that picked them up for school in "Grand-Lebrun"?
14. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
15. What is the prodigal son's mother afraid of?
(a) The prodigal son leaving again.
(b) The youngest son leaving.
(c) The oldest son leaving.
(d) The father leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Mauriac say in front of a mirror?
2. What have American reviewers of translations called Ayme?
3. Why does the prodigal son wait until night to go to his father's home?
4. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
5. What is drawn on the classroom's blackboard in "The Guest"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)