|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To perform miracles.
(b) To keep Jesus from harm.
(c) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(d) To limit self-sacrifice.
2. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A sleeping lamb.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) A hibernating bear.
(d) A raging lion.
3. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
4. What has stopped Daru's students from coming to school in "The Guest"?
5. Who surrounded Mauriac during his childhood, like angels surrounded Jesus in the desert?
6. What is the name of the servant who woke Mauriac?
(a) Francois LeBourne.
(b) Fredrick Caspussent.
(c) Charles Rouge.
(d) Louis Larpe.
7. What does Balducci give Daru as he is leaving the schoolhouse?
(a) An extradition warrant.
(c) A revolver.
(d) Arrest papers.
8. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(b) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(c) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(d) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
9. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) February 1955.
(b) December 1890.
(c) April 1903.
(d) June 1784.
10. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
11. What was Camus' occupation at the beginning of the war?
12. What does the youngest son ask of the prodigal son?
(a) To leave with him.
(b) To stay and comfort mother.
(c) To talk him out of leaving.
(d) To keep the family from looking for him.
13. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what did the main character do for a living?
(a) A third-grade employee.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A warehouse supplier.
(d) A lawyer.
14. According to the editor, Ayme is the most inventive in what type of French writing?
15. How did Mauriac live as a child?
(a) In a static pathway.
(b) In fear.
(c) In a poetic trance.
(d) In a nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first of the disciples to be called an Apostle in "The Death of Judas"?
2. Where must Daru take the Arab?
3. Why does the eldest son say he is different from the prodigal son?
4. What did the prodigal son change his father's gold into?
5. How does the prodigal son think that his father will react to his return?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)