|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Guest", how many men is the schoolteacher waiting on to climb the hill to the school house?
2. What was the basis of the poem that admitted Judas to the Sanhedrin?
(a) The pompousness of royalty.
(b) The heroic obstinacy of the Maccabees.
(c) The ostentatiousness of the Verusians.
(d) The inelegance of a martyr.
3. What time was recess at Grand-Lebrun?
4. What did Mauriac's teachers not consider him?
(a) A bright student.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A chosen vessel.
(d) A fast learner.
5. Where was Albert Camus born?
6. How did Mauriac live as a child?
(a) In fear.
(b) In a nightmare.
(c) In a poetic trance.
(d) In a static pathway.
7. Why has the Arab been arrested in "The Guest"?
(a) Assault on a military officer.
(d) Weapons possession.
8. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
9. According to the editor, what did Claudel never make to his public?
10. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
(a) He was tired of Jesus looking over him.
(b) He wanted to gain a higher position with the Romans.
(c) He wanted the silver.
(d) He wanted to see what "He" was up to.
11. What does the youngest son ask of the prodigal son?
(a) To stay and comfort mother.
(b) To leave with him.
(c) To keep the family from looking for him.
(d) To talk him out of leaving.
12. To which direction do Daru's classroom windows open?
13. In what year did Francois Mauriac win the Nobel Peace Prize?
14. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
(a) Pray and love.
(b) Stay and fight.
(c) Love and honor.
(d) Here and now.
15. What is the name of the horseman that Daru recognizes approaching the schoolhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
2. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
3. In what year did Camus receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
4. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
5. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)