|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
2. Where does Micromegas finally find human life-forms?
(a) A prison.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A school.
(d) A ship.
3. What does Julian's wife convince him to do?
(a) Find his parents.
(b) Have a son.
(d) Kill her father, the Emperor.
4. To whom does the narrator in " The Old Clown" compare the muscle men to?
(c) Inflated balloons.
5. Where does Julian make a name for himself while away from home?
6. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 100 years.
7. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
8. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The closet.
(d) The painting.
9. What religion does Desplein practice?
(b) None; he is an atheist.
10. What planet is Micromegas from?
11. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
(a) "La Revue des Deux Mondes".
(b) "De Noire Pomme de Terre".
(c) "Blanche Carte".
(d) "Les Fluers du Mal".
12. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A flower.
(d) A balloon.
13. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
(a) Love unintentionally.
(b) Trust everyone.
(c) Distrust man.
14. To whom does the narrator in "The Old Clown" compare those yelling out "witticisms and jokes of a solid heavy humor"?
(b) Jean Chapelain.
15. What is laying on the grass next to the boy behind the iron gate?
(a) A dead bird.
(b) A beautiful dog.
(c) His nanny.
(d) A magnificent toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
2. Where was "Minuet" first published?
3. What happened to the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
4. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
5. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)