Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Baudelaire die?
2. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A horse.
(c) A clown.
(d) An actor.
3. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Wrote a book for him.
(b) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
(c) Established a mass for him.
(d) Finished school for him.
4. What religion does Desplein practice?
(c) None; he is an atheist.
5. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
6. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
(a) A broken ornament.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A live rat.
7. To whom does the narrator in "The Old Clown" compare those yelling out "witticisms and jokes of a solid heavy humor"?
(b) Jean Chapelain.
8. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
(a) Vacation on Mars only.
(b) Travel the universe.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Search for his family.
9. What does "une maniere de sentir" mean?
(a) A moment of setiment.
(b) A century of madness.
(c) A way of feeling.
(d) A manner of sadness.
10. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
(a) It has been turned into a church.
(b) It is still the same as it was two years before.
(c) It has been turned into a dance studio.
(d) It has been demolished.
11. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He cleaned the entire house.
(c) He stabbed his parents.
(d) He ran away.
12. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
(a) Distrust man.
(b) Love unintentionally.
(c) Trust everyone.
13. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
(a) The loss of a child.
(b) The loss of a spouse.
(c) The loss of a parent.
(d) The loss of a sibling.
14. What is Thomas Aquinas known for writing in "Micromegas"?
(a) "Summa Theologica".
(c) "Interpretation of a Dream".
(d) "The Human Soul".
15. What nationality was Voltaire?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
2. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
3. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
4. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
5. Where does Julian make a name for himself while away from home?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)