|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Micromegas finally find human life-forms?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A ship.
(c) A prison.
(d) A school.
2. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
(a) He will become a petty thief.
(b) He will kill him to take control of the estate.
(c) He will kill the King and marry the Queen.
(d) He will be a great ruler and conqueror.
3. How tall is Micromegas?
(a) 120,000 feet tall.
(b) 1,200 feet tall.
(c) 12 feet tall.
(d) 120 feet tall.
4. What must Micromegas use to see life on Earth?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A drop of water.
(c) Special eyeglasses.
(d) A magnifying glass.
5. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
(a) A moose.
(b) A lion.
(c) A stag.
(d) A bear.
6. When did Baudelaire die?
7. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
(b) A priest.
8. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His son.
9. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
(a) A lake without fish.
(b) A mountain without snow.
(c) A sky without stars.
(d) A light without heat.
10. How old is Jean Bridelle?
11. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
(a) The loss of a sibling.
(b) The loss of a spouse.
(c) The loss of a parent.
(d) The loss of a child.
12. What happened to the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He died.
(c) He was put in prison.
(d) He was banished for religious beliefs.
13. What religion does Desplein practice?
(c) None; he is an atheist.
14. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
(a) Leave money.
(b) Make fun of him.
(c) Throw him out of the market.
(d) Offer him a job.
15. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
(a) An oracle.
(b) A homeless beggar.
(d) A strange hermit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
2. What is the little boy who is laying in the grass looking at?
3. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
4. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
5. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)