|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler", who is the leper in reality?
(a) His father.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) HIs brother.
2. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
(a) That they balance completely.
(b) That it is none of his business.
(c) That they do not balance.
(d) That it is not for him to judge him.
3. What religion does Desplein practice?
(a) None; he is an atheist.
4. Where is the water carrier from that Desplein treats?
5. How is Jean Bridelle looked upon by others?
(a) As a philosopher.
(b) As a skeptic.
(c) As a heretic.
(d) As a murderer.
6. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
(a) Because it is a time to forget one's troubles.
(b) Because it is a time to celebrate work.
(c) Because it is a time to celebrate sacrifice.
(d) Because it is a time of new births.
7. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
(a) A lion.
(b) A stag.
(c) A bear.
(d) A moose.
8. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
(a) An oracle.
(b) A homeless beggar.
(c) A strange hermit.
9. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(b) Because there are no more kings.
(c) Because it has been banned.
(d) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
10. What does Julian's wife convince him to do?
(b) Kill her father, the Emperor.
(c) Find his parents.
(d) Have a son.
11. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 800,000 years.
(c) 800 years.
(d) 8,000 years.
12. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
13. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
(a) Love unintentionally.
(b) Distrust man.
(c) Trust everyone.
14. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
(a) The loss of his father.
(b) The loss of his son.
(d) His imagination.
15. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
(a) Michelle Brogiese.
(b) Patrick Mentaon.
(c) Horace Bianchon.
(d) Henre Vermaise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
2. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
3. What does Julian vow never to do after hearing the talking animal's prophecy?
4. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
5. What is the little boy who is laying in the grass looking at?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)