|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is blank.
(b) It is ruined.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
2. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
(a) He cleaned the entire house.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He stabbed his parents.
(d) He hung himself.
3. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
(a) Henre Vermaise.
(b) Patrick Mentaon.
(c) Michelle Brogiese.
(d) Horace Bianchon.
4. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The painting.
(d) The closet.
5. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
(a) He almost kills his son.
(b) He almost kils himself.
(c) He almost kills his mother.
(d) He almost kills his father.
6. According to Jean Bridelle, in the beginning of "Minuet", what has he seen at close range?
7. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
(a) A flower.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A toothpick.
8. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
(a) An Irish dancer.
(b) A Russian dancer.
(c) A former dancing master from the Opera.
(d) A madame from Nice.
9. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
10. What does Julian vow never to do after hearing the talking animal's prophecy?
(a) Leave his father's side.
(c) Leave his mother's side.
11. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
(a) Hangs him by a fishing net.
(b) Shuns him.
(c) Gives him everything that he has.
(d) Drowns him.
12. What is the little boy who is laying in the grass looking at?
(a) A beggar pulling a cart.
(b) A poor boy on the other side of the gate.
(c) A bird flying in the sky.
(d) A slave working in the garden.
13. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 100 years.
14. What did the water carrier do for Desplein when they met?
(a) Told Desplein that he would never amount to anything.
(b) Paid his rent.
(c) Paid for one meal.
(d) Turned Desplein in because he was wanted by the police.
15. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
(b) Finished school for him.
(c) Established a mass for him.
(d) Wrote a book for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
2. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
3. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
4. What does Julian find great amusement in killing as a child?
5. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)