|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
(a) A locket.
(b) A painting.
(c) A book.
(d) A special mirror.
2. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
(a) A painter.
(b) A musician.
(c) A writer.
(d) A doctor.
3. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
(a) A priest.
4. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
(a) A bear.
(b) A stag.
(c) A lion.
(d) A moose.
5. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 800 years.
(c) 800,000 years.
(d) 8,000 years.
6. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His father.
7. When did Baudelaire die?
8. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
9. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
(a) He almost kills his father.
(b) He almost kills his son.
(c) He almost kills his mother.
(d) He almost kils himself.
10. Why is Micromegas exiled from his home planet?
(a) For adulterous behaviors.
(b) For murder.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For writing a book.
11. How old is Jean Bridelle?
12. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
(a) He is a freak of biblical proportions.
(b) He is externally atheistic but internally religious.
(c) He is externally religious but internally atheistic.
(d) He is a religiously confused man with a God-owned soul.
13. What happened to the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
(a) He was put in prison.
(b) He was banished for religious beliefs.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He died.
14. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
(a) The loss of a child.
(b) The loss of a spouse.
(c) The loss of a sibling.
(d) The loss of a parent.
15. What story made Maupassant famous?
(a) "Boule de Suif".
(b) "Fort comme la mort".
(c) "Deux Amis".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
2. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
3. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
4. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
5. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)