|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
2. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Plants trees.
(c) Keeps a garden.
(d) Helps others in need.
3. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
(a) He almost kils himself.
(b) He almost kills his son.
(c) He almost kills his father.
(d) He almost kills his mother.
4. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
5. Who pays for the masses that Desplein attends?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The church's priest.
6. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
(a) He will become a petty thief.
(b) He will kill the King and marry the Queen.
(c) He will be a great ruler and conqueror.
(d) He will kill him to take control of the estate.
7. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
(a) His imagination.
(b) The loss of his father.
(d) The loss of his son.
8. Where is the water carrier from that Desplein treats?
9. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
(a) A book.
(b) A locket.
(c) A painting.
(d) A special mirror.
10. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
(a) Travel the universe.
(b) Start a family.
(c) Search for his family.
(d) Vacation on Mars only.
11. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 10,000 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 10 years.
12. What does Julian's wife convince him to do?
(a) Have a son.
(b) Find his parents.
(c) Kill her father, the Emperor.
13. Who does Jean Bridelle meet in the garden?
(a) An Irish dancer.
(b) A former dancing master from the Opera.
(c) A madame from Nice.
(d) A Russian dancer.
14. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
(a) That it is none of his business.
(b) That they balance completely.
(c) That it is not for him to judge him.
(d) That they do not balance.
15. What does Julian find great amusement in killing as a child?
(b) Poor people.
(d) Wealthy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
2. What does "une maniere de sentir" mean?
3. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
4. How tall is Micromegas?
5. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)