|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
(a) That they balance completely.
(b) That they do not balance.
(c) That it is not for him to judge him.
(d) That it is none of his business.
2. What does Julian find great amusement in killing as a child?
(c) Poor people.
(d) Wealthy people.
3. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
(a) A moose.
(b) A lion.
(c) A stag.
(d) A bear.
4. Why is Micromegas exiled from his home planet?
(a) For murder.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For writing a book.
(d) For adulterous behaviors.
5. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
(b) Wrote a book for him.
(c) Established a mass for him.
(d) Finished school for him.
6. What is laying on the grass next to the boy behind the iron gate?
(a) A dead bird.
(b) A magnificent toy.
(c) A beautiful dog.
(d) His nanny.
7. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
(a) Being an expert and skillfull surgeon.
(b) Being a famous eye doctor.
(c) Being a disbarred doctor.
(d) Being the most unethical doctor in the land.
8. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
(a) A lake without fish.
(b) A sky without stars.
(c) A mountain without snow.
(d) A light without heat.
9. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
(a) 60 feet tall.
(b) 6,000 feet tall.
(c) 600 feet tall.
(d) 60,000 feet tall.
10. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
11. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
(a) A heart.
(b) An ethical mind.
(c) A memory.
(d) A soul.
12. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
(a) The loss of his father.
(b) His imagination.
(c) The loss of his son.
13. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
(a) He will kill the King and marry the Queen.
(b) He will kill him to take control of the estate.
(c) He will become a petty thief.
(d) He will be a great ruler and conqueror.
14. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
15. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A live rat.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A broken ornament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for the masses that Desplein attends?
2. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
3. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
4. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
5. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)