|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
(a) Horace Bianchon.
(b) Henre Vermaise.
(c) Patrick Mentaon.
(d) Michelle Brogiese.
2. Where does Micromegas finally find human life-forms?
(a) A ship.
(b) A school.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A prison.
3. What does Julian vow never to do after hearing the talking animal's prophecy?
(a) Leave his father's side.
(b) Leave his mother's side.
4. Where does Julian make a name for himself while away from home?
5. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
(a) He will become a petty thief.
(b) He will be a great ruler and conqueror.
(c) He will kill the King and marry the Queen.
(d) He will kill him to take control of the estate.
6. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
7. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He leaves immediately.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
8. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
(a) He is externally religious but internally atheistic.
(b) He is externally atheistic but internally religious.
(c) He is a freak of biblical proportions.
(d) He is a religiously confused man with a God-owned soul.
9. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
(a) 600 feet tall.
(b) 6,000 feet tall.
(c) 60 feet tall.
(d) 60,000 feet tall.
10. How old is Jean Bridelle?
11. What religion does Desplein practice?
(b) None; he is an atheist.
12. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
(a) Drowns him.
(b) Shuns him.
(c) Hangs him by a fishing net.
(d) Gives him everything that he has.
13. What does Julian find great amusement in killing as a child?
(c) Wealthy people.
(d) Poor people.
14. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
(a) Plants trees.
(b) Helps others in need.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Keeps a garden.
15. Where is Maupassant from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
2. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
3. What happened to the garden in "Minuet"?
4. What must Micromegas use to see life on Earth?
5. What does Micromegas have to speak through to avoid hurting the humans' ears?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)