|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Guest by Albert Camus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have American reviewers of translations called Ayme?
(a) The most outspoken writer of Catholic novellas.
(b) The worst of the French writers today.
(c) The most uneducated writer of today.
(d) The best of the French writers today.
2. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
(a) Vacation on Mars only.
(b) Search for his family.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Travel the universe.
3. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The House.
4. What does the prodigal son's father accuse his son of doing when he asked him why he left?
(a) Not wanting to be a part of the family.
(b) Splitting hairs.
(c) Running away from working.
(d) Not loving his mother.
5. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
(b) Conteur-observer and storyteller.
(d) Guichets mythe or myth teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judas' position within the disciples?
2. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
3. What happens to Julian's parents while they are sleeping in his wife's bed?
4. What does the prodigal son say he can still taste, even after partaking of the calf at the feast?
5. In "The Passer-Through-Walls", what did the main character do for a living?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)