|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grand-Lebrun by Francois Mauriac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
(a) That it is not for him to judge him.
(b) That they balance completely.
(c) That they do not balance.
(d) That it is none of his business.
2. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because there are no more kings.
(b) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
(c) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(d) Because it has been banned.
3. What does the following line by Rimbaud mean: mais vous j'ai trop pleure, les aubes sont navrantes?
(a) "But you have too much crying, the blades are heartbreaking."
(b) "Care for those around you, and only those."
(c) "Always be happy, you never be sad."
(d) "But you cannot be happy, you babes of nativity."
4. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
(a) Goes into confession.
(b) Hides in the back of the church.
(c) Tells the priest that Desplein does not belong in the church.
(d) Kneels by him.
5. Where is Maupassant from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
2. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
3. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
4. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
5. Why does Judas say he did what he did to Jesus?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)