|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Return of the Prodigal Son by Andre Gide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
(a) Plants trees.
(b) Keeps a garden.
(c) Helps others in need.
(d) Prays to God.
2. How many years was Judas in the service of Jesus?
3. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
(a) A King and Queen.
(b) A Baron and Barroness.
(c) A Lord and Lady of a castle.
(d) A peasant couple.
4. Where does Julian make a name for himself while away from home?
5. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
(a) The loss of a child.
(b) The loss of a parent.
(c) The loss of a sibling.
(d) The loss of a spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
2. According to the father, who will not be able to sleep because of the prodigal son's return?
3. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
4. To whom does the narrator in " The Old Clown" compare the muscle men to?
5. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)