|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Return of the Prodigal Son by Andre Gide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desplein do to honor the water carrier's soul?
(a) Keeps a garden.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Helps others in need.
(d) Plants trees.
2. When did Claudel die in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) December 1890.
(b) June 1784.
(c) February 1955.
(d) April 1903.
3. What is a paralytic who has been put back on his feet compared to in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) A sleeping lamb.
(b) A hibernating bear.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) A raging lion.
4. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
(a) 6,000 feet tall.
(b) 60,000 feet tall.
(c) 600 feet tall.
(d) 60 feet tall.
5. What is Thomas Aquinas known for writing in "Micromegas"?
(a) "Interpretation of a Dream".
(b) "The Human Soul".
(d) "Summa Theologica".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
2. What planet is Micromegas from?
3. According to the editor in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what idea does the narrator want to convey?
4. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
5. What is the lack of maternal love compared to in "The Rope"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)