|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Return of the Prodigal Son by Andre Gide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall are the Saturnians in "Micromegas"?
(a) 60,000 feet tall.
(b) 60 feet tall.
(c) 600 feet tall.
(d) 6,000 feet tall.
2. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is ruined.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is blank.
(d) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
3. What does the prodigal son first say made him come back?
4. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
(a) A job helping homeless men.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A fishing net mender.
(d) A job ferrying people across a lake.
5. In "The Return of the Prodigal Son", what does the prodigal son say shut him in?
(a) His older brother.
(b) The House.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
2. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
3. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
4. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
5. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)