|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minuet by Guy de Maupassant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
(a) A strange hermit.
(b) An oracle.
(c) A homeless beggar.
2. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
(a) He will be a saint.
(b) He will kill her.
(c) He will be a great war hero.
(d) He will kill his father and marry her.
3. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His parents.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
4. Why are people sprawled everywhere in "The Old Clown"?
(a) It is a public beach.
(b) It is the celebration of "El Día de los Muertos".
(c) It is a feast day.
(d) It is "The Day of St. Thorlakur".
5. What religion does Desplein practice?
(b) None; he is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
2. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
3. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
4. Where is Maupassant from?
5. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)