|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minuet by Guy de Maupassant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
(a) Because it is a time of new births.
(b) Because it is a time to celebrate sacrifice.
(c) Because it is a time to celebrate work.
(d) Because it is a time to forget one's troubles.
2. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 800,000 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 8,000 years.
(d) 800 years.
3. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
(a) The closet.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The painting.
(d) The balcony.
4. What did Desplein do to honor the water carrier as a man?
(a) Published a world-renowned medical journal for him.
(b) Established a mass for him.
(c) Finished school for him.
(d) Wrote a book for him.
5. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
2. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
3. In "The Rope," what did the storyteller ask of the parents of the boy?
4. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
5. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)