|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minuet by Guy de Maupassant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "une maniere de sentir" mean?
(a) A way of feeling.
(b) A century of madness.
(c) A manner of sadness.
(d) A moment of setiment.
2. How does Micromegas respond to the "knowledge" of Thomas Aquinas' book?
(a) He leaves immediately.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
3. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
(a) He stabbed his parents.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He cleaned the entire house.
4. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
(a) An actor.
(b) A horse.
(c) A clown.
(d) A farmer.
5. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is blank.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is ruined.
(d) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
2. In "The Rope," what did the storyteller ask of the parents of the boy?
3. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
4. What does Micromegas decide to do with his time of exile?
5. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)