|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Minuet by Guy de Maupassant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
(a) Love unintentionally.
(b) Distrust man.
(d) Trust everyone.
2. Who is Maupassant's godfather?
3. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
(a) A strange hermit.
(b) An oracle.
(c) A homeless beggar.
4. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
5. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A painter.
(c) A musician.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
2. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
3. What happens when Julian is practicing the javelin?
4. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
5. According to the editor in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what idea does the narrator want to convey?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)