|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spleen of Paris by Charles Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A horse.
(c) An actor.
(d) A clown.
2. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is ruined.
(d) It is blank.
3. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
4. In "The Rope," what did the boy's mother want to see at the storyteller's home?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The painting.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The closet.
5. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
2. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
3. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
4. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
5. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)