|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spleen of Paris by Charles Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 100 years.
2. What must Micromegas use to see life on Earth?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A drop of water.
(d) Special eyeglasses.
3. Who tells Julian's mother of the prophecy of her son?
(a) A homeless beggar.
(b) An oracle.
(d) A strange hermit.
4. How many times a year does Desplein attend church?
5. What does Julian find great amusement in killing as a child?
(b) Poor people.
(d) Wealthy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon finding Earth, what does Micromegas think is the dominant life-form on Earth?
2. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
3. Why are people sprawled everywhere in "The Old Clown"?
4. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
5. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)