|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spleen of Paris by Charles Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
(a) Leave money.
(b) Offer him a job.
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Throw him out of the market.
2. What is the name of Desplein's brightest student?
(a) Henre Vermaise.
(b) Patrick Mentaon.
(c) Michelle Brogiese.
(d) Horace Bianchon.
3. Who pays for the masses that Desplein attends?
(a) His mother.
(b) The church's priest.
(d) His father.
4. How tall is Micromegas?
(a) 12 feet tall.
(b) 1,200 feet tall.
(c) 120,000 feet tall.
(d) 120 feet tall.
5. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the water carrier do for Desplein when they met?
2. Why are people sprawled everywhere in "The Old Clown"?
3. What "gift" does Micromegas give to the humans he encounters?
4. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
5. How long has the Saturnian, who accompanies Micromegas on his journey, been married?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)