|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spleen of Paris by Charles Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
2. To what does the narrator compare Desplein?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A clown.
(d) A horse.
3. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
(a) Desplein does not treat the man's true ailment.
(b) Desplein does not charge him for treatment.
(c) Desplein takes the man's daughter as payment.
(d) Desplein overcharges the man for treatment.
4. To whom does the narrator in " The Old Clown" compare the muscle men to?
(c) Inflated balloons.
5. What does Julian's wife convince him to do?
(b) Find his parents.
(c) Kill her father, the Emperor.
(d) Have a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Julian's parents since he left them and married?
2. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
3. Why is Micromegas exiled from his home planet?
4. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
5. What job does Julian take after leaving his wife?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)