|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spleen of Paris by Charles Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desplein describe himself when his student questions him about attending mass?
(a) He is a freak of biblical proportions.
(b) He is externally religious but internally atheistic.
(c) He is externally atheistic but internally religious.
(d) He is a religiously confused man with a God-owned soul.
2. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
3. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
4. What is Desplein renowned for in "The Mass of the Atheist"?
(a) Being a disbarred doctor.
(b) Being the most unethical doctor in the land.
(c) Being a famous eye doctor.
(d) Being an expert and skillfull surgeon.
5. How tall is Micromegas?
(a) 12 feet tall.
(b) 1,200 feet tall.
(c) 120,000 feet tall.
(d) 120 feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
2. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
3. To whom does the narrator in "The Old Clown" compare those yelling out "witticisms and jokes of a solid heavy humor"?
4. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
5. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)