|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler by Gustave Flaubert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 80 years.
(b) 8,000 years.
(c) 800 years.
(d) 800,000 years.
2. What is the prophecy that Julian's mother hears about her son's future?
(a) He will kill her.
(b) He will be a great war hero.
(c) He will be a saint.
(d) He will kill his father and marry her.
3. What is wrong with the "gift" that Micromegas gives to the humans?
(a) It is ruined.
(b) It is blank.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It disappears when Micromegas leaves.
4. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
(a) Desplein takes the man's daughter as payment.
(b) Desplein does not treat the man's true ailment.
(c) Desplein overcharges the man for treatment.
(d) Desplein does not charge him for treatment.
5. What is the name of one of the philosophers that the men give to Micromegas in response to a human's soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian do for the leper that he comes across at his job?
2. What religion was the water carrier that Desplein knew as a young man?
3. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
4. Who does Micromegas first talk to about the existence of a human soul?
5. Where does Micromegas finally find human life-forms?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)