|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler by Gustave Flaubert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Micromegas' term of exile?
(a) 800,000 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 8,000 years.
(d) 800 years.
2. What religion does Desplein practice?
(b) None; he is an atheist.
3. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
4. What does Desplein claim the human body lacks?
(a) A soul.
(b) A heart.
(c) An ethical mind.
(d) A memory.
5. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
(a) An angel.
(b) A demon.
(c) A strange beggar.
(d) A homeless hermit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Micromegas use to see life on Earth?
2. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
3. What did the water carrier do for Desplein when they met?
4. Why is Desplein's student surprised by Desplein's actions toward the water carrier?
5. What has happened to Julian's parents since he left them and married?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)