|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Judas by Paul Claudel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Julian's parents while they are sleeping in his wife's bed?
(a) Julian's wife kills them.
(b) Julian kills them.
(c) The Emperor kills them.
(d) Julian's brother-in-law kills them.
2. What was in the wire box in the story "The Poor Boy's Toy"?
(a) A broken ornament.
(b) A live rat.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A butterfly.
3. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(b) Because there are no more kings.
(c) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
(d) Because it has been banned.
4. What does Jean Bridelle compare the nursery in Luxembourg to?
(a) The lush rainforests of the Amazon.
(b) The unscavenged North Sentinel Island.
(c) The sweet smile of an old lady.
(d) The purring of a lion.
5. According to Jean Bridelle in "Minuet", what is responsible for his emotion?
(a) The loss of his father.
(c) His imagination.
(d) The loss of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the boy while the storyteller from "The Rope" was away on business?
2. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
3. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
4. What does "hic et nunc" mean?
5. What does Julian vow never to do after hearing the talking animal's prophecy?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)