|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Judas by Paul Claudel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Minuet" first published?
2. Where was the water carrier from that Desplein met when he was a young man?
3. According to the editor, what was Claudel always guided by?
4. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because there are no more kings.
(b) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(c) Because it has been banned.
(d) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
5. What is the Emperor's name who Julian frees from the Muslims?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean Bridelle compare the nursery in Luxembourg to?
2. What does Judas compare Simon Peter's eyes to in "The Death of Judas"?
3. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
4. Who tells Judas "it is expedient for you that one man should die for the people"?
5. According to the narrator in "The Poor Boy's Toy", what have children learned to do?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)