|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Judas by Paul Claudel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the specialty of the Apostles in "The Death of Judas"?
(a) To make Jesus known everywhere.
(b) To limit self-sacrifice.
(c) To perform miracles.
(d) To keep Jesus from harm.
2. In what year was "Mort de Judas" published?
3. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
(a) An angel.
(b) A strange beggar.
(c) A homeless hermit.
(d) A demon.
4. What did the narrator intend to do at the old clown's booth?
(a) Offer him a job.
(b) Throw him out of the market.
(c) Leave money.
(d) Make fun of him.
5. Why is the minuet no longer performed?
(a) Because it has been banned.
(b) Because it is only performed by master dancers.
(c) Because its original form has been forgotten.
(d) Because there are no more kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desplein answer when his student questions his belief and actions?
2. What is the prophecy that Julian's father hears about his son's future?
3. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
4. To whom does the narrator in "The Old Clown" compare those yelling out "witticisms and jokes of a solid heavy humor"?
5. What is the profession of the person described in "The Rope"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)