|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Judas by Paul Claudel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the talking animal's prophecy, who will Julian kill?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His parents.
2. Why are adults celebrating in "The Old Clown"?
(a) Because it is a time to celebrate work.
(b) Because it is a time to forget one's troubles.
(c) Because it is a time of new births.
(d) Because it is a time to celebrate sacrifice.
3. Who tells Julian's father of the prophecy of his son?
(a) A strange beggar.
(b) A demon.
(c) A homeless hermit.
(d) An angel.
4. What does Desplein's student do when he follows Desplein into church?
(a) Goes into confession.
(b) Hides in the back of the church.
(c) Tells the priest that Desplein does not belong in the church.
(d) Kneels by him.
5. Who designed the statue of Jupiter in "The Death of Judas"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
2. According to the book, where were Baudelaire's most remarkable poems published?
3. According to the editor, what role does Maupassant play as a writer?
4. How is Jean Bridelle looked upon by others?
5. What does Jean Bridelle compare the borders of small trees to?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)