|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grand-Lebrun by Francois Mauriac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Julian's parents in "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler"?
(a) A Baron and Barroness.
(b) A Lord and Lady of a castle.
(c) A peasant couple.
(d) A King and Queen.
2. In "Grand-Lebrun", when does a child's heart become used to looking for God?
(a) When it is light.
(b) When it is soft.
(c) When it is warmed.
(d) When it is frozen.
3. According to Jean Bridelle, in the beginning of "Minuet", what has he seen at close range?
4. What does Julian vow never to do after hearing the talking animal's prophecy?
(b) Leave his father's side.
(c) Leave his mother's side.
5. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a mother can feel?
(a) The loss of a spouse.
(b) The loss of a parent.
(c) The loss of a child.
(d) The loss of a sibling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Legend of St. Julian Hospitaler", who is the leper in reality?
2. Where was "Minuet" first published?
3. According to "Minuet", what is the most violent loss a man can feel?
4. While Julian is out hunting one day, what animal gains the power to speak to him?
5. What does Mauriac recall his mother saying she did with fire?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)