|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
2. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(b) The Socratic method.
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
(b) For protecting the slave master's family.
(c) To provide an income for the slave master.
(d) To be a family member for the slave master.
4. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Inequality to exist.
(b) Freedom to develop as a value.
(c) A person to be enslaved.
(d) Various social classes to exist.
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(b) Trick the slave to produce.
(c) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(d) Scare the slave into submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this chapter examine?
2. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
3. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
4. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
5. For what do the slaves yearn?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)