|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They protect them from enemies.
(b) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(c) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(d) They provide food and supplies.
2. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(c) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
3. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A social revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
5. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this lead?
2. Law and the state of grace are _________.
3. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
4. What do his ideas provide?
5. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)