|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
2. How do the plebeians view the civic freedom of the upper class?
(a) As a good compromise to their personal freedom.
(b) As a threat to their own personal freedom.
(c) As something to desire.
(d) As a form of personal freedom.
3. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was freed.
(b) He or she was eaten.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was sold.
4. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
(b) Their children.
5. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
Short Answer Questions
1. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
2. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
3. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
4. Who represents Reactionary Stoicism?
5. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)