|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Plato, what is the soul like?
(a) A mini-state in that it contains three parts.
(b) A transparent being.
(c) The true person.
(d) A container of thoughts.
2. Who are the only beings that are truly free?
(c) The gods.
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(b) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(c) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(d) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
4. Why do they accept the sovereignal freedom of the emperor?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) They do not want any other ruler.
(c) He will do what he can to take care of them.
(d) It poses less of a threat to their own personal freedom than does the civic freedom of the upper class.
5. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Inequality to exist.
(b) Freedom to develop as a value.
(c) Various social classes to exist.
(d) A person to be enslaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
2. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
3. For whom are the plays?
4. What happens once Christianity appears?
5. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)