|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A philosophical revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
3. In this chapter, what does Patterson examine?
(a) The view of inner freedom.
(b) The view of outer freedom.
(c) The view of slavery in Roman culture.
(d) The view of rigid freedom.
4. He extols the virtue of the ruler as what for the populace?
(a) A provider and protector.
(b) A strong hand and firm master.
(c) A god.
(d) A wife.
5. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(b) No rulers.
(c) Many minor rulers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
4. What does the slave want?
5. Augustus' rule is at the expense of whose civic freedom?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)