|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each of the three is concerned with what issue?
(a) The afterlife.
(b) Compassion and compromise.
(c) The slavery-freedom issue.
(d) Death and dying.
2. How does Augustus change his image and his manner of rule during his reign?
(a) From personality oriented to politically oriented.
(b) From military oriented to personality oriented.
(c) From personality oriented to military oriented.
(d) From military oriented to politically oriented.
3. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It is the same shape.
(b) It is also a slave-based economy.
(c) It's people speak the same language.
(d) It led by the same ruler.
4. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
(a) As the "reason for the season."
(b) As the "scandal of the cross."
(c) As the "dying of God."
(d) As the "saving of man."
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Modern Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(d) Ancient Athens and Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
2. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
3. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
4. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
5. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)