|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
(a) The seventh.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The sixth.
(d) The fifth.
2. What dictates mortal life?
(d) Decisions made by each individual.
3. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(b) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
4. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
5. What are slaves seeking and finding in Christianity?
(b) Food and shelter.
(c) Freedom and escape from bondage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
2. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
3. What happens once Christianity appears?
4. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
5. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)