|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) To provide an income for the slave master.
(b) To be a family member for the slave master.
(c) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
(d) For protecting the slave master's family.
2. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In personal status.
(b) In sovereignal status.
(c) In social status.
(d) In legal status.
3. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His king.
(b) The slave master.
(d) His father.
4. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The productivity of the slave.
(b) The intelligence of the slave.
(c) The physical attributes of the slave.
(d) The social class of the slave.
5. With what is freedom equated?
(a) Dependency and self-sufficiency.
(b) Independence and self-sufficiency.
(c) Solitude and self-sufficiency.
(d) Indepence and solitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter, what does Patterson examine?
2. How does Greek society hold women?
3. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
5. The third involves the restructuring of Italian what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)