|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
2. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
(b) To be a family member for the slave master.
(c) To provide an income for the slave master.
(d) For protecting the slave master's family.
3. Augustus' rule is at the expense of whose civic freedom?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) The middle classes.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The lower classes.
4. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be special.
(b) To be free.
(c) To be an outcast.
(d) To be enslaved.
5. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(b) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
3. What must one be to be considered Greek?
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
5. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)