|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the feast of Zeus.
(b) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(c) In the worship of Athena.
(d) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
2. Law and the state of grace are _________.
(b) The same.
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
(b) Community solidarity.
(c) The institution of slavery.
(d) Freedom as a social value.
4. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
(a) A democratic republic.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A kingdom.
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of wheat.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(d) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
2. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
3. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. What does Jesus not intend to do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)