|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus set the pace for the interpretations of freedom that will define the European chordal triad for how long?
(a) The next five hundred years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next fifty years.
(d) The next fifteen hundred years.
2. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) Roman plays.
(b) French operas.
(c) Greek drama.
(d) German symphonies.
3. As what do his views become known?
(a) The theology of Christ.
(b) The theology of monotheism.
(c) The theology of freedom.
(d) The theology of Christianity.
4. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The political revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
5. What do his ideas provide?
(a) A belief of love and compassion.
(b) What the upper class need from Christianity.
(c) What is needed at the time for Christianity to be accepted.
(d) A reason for intellectuals to have faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
2. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
3. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)