|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus uses his sovereignal power for the______ of the populace.
(d) No member.
2. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(b) Individual, unique, and social.
(c) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(d) Formal, informal, and community.
3. From what does the development of the concept of freedom in Rome result?
(a) A series of struggles.
(b) A series of debates.
(c) A smooth transition.
(d) A contrasting jump from slavery to freedom.
4. For whom are the plays?
(a) The lower class.
(b) The upper class.
(c) Female audiences.
(d) Male audiences.
5. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(b) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
(c) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(d) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this expose the Greeks?
2. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
3. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
4. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
5. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)