|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The political revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
2. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
3. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Weak women in leading roles.
(b) Strong women in small roles.
(c) Weak women in small roles.
(d) Strong women commanding leading roles.
4. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
5. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
(a) Slaves and women.
(b) Women and children.
(c) The small rural landholder and children.
(d) The small rural landholder and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
2. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
3. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
4. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
5. When is this view of Mortal life beginning to be questioned?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)