|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The social value of freedom exists by the end of what century?
(a) The sixth.
(b) The fifth.
(c) The seventh.
(d) The fourth.
2. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(b) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Import of expensive stone and gems.
3. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They resist it.
(c) They are envious of it.
(d) They encourag it.
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In social status.
(b) In personal status.
(c) In legal status.
(d) In sovereignal status.
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(b) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(c) They miss their old lives.
(d) They become disrespectful and out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
2. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
3. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
4. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
5. Where are these elements first expressed?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)