|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(c) Social conflict and upheaval.
2. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
3. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(b) They become disrespectful and out of control.
(c) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(d) They miss their old lives.
4. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His mother.
(b) The slave master.
(c) His family.
(d) His friends.
5. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
2. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
4. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
5. What does this chapter examine?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)