|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
2. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was sold.
(b) He or she was freed.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was eaten.
3. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
(a) German symphonies.
(b) French operas.
(c) Roman plays.
(d) Greek drama.
4. How does Greek society hold women?
(a) Somewhat highly.
(b) Very highly.
(c) Not very highly.
(d) Not at all.
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
3. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
4. By whom is society transformed?
5. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)