|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
2. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(b) The poor Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The middle class Athenians.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The social revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
4. Freedom becomes associated with what in the minds of the populace?
(a) Sovereignal freedom.
(b) Victory over the Persians.
(c) Pesonal freedom.
(d) Civic freedom.
5. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Grain production.
(b) Corn production.
(c) Wheat production.
(d) Flax production.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
2. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
3. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
4. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
5. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)