|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather eventful.
(b) Rather harsh.
(c) Rather boring.
(d) Rather lavish.
2. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
(a) Using Roman plays.
(b) Using German symphonies.
(c) Using Greek tragedy.
(d) Using French operas.
3. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
4. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
(a) The slave-operated grain fields, mills, and shops.
(b) The slave-operated grain fields.
(c) The slave-operated grain mills.
(d) The slave-operated silver mines and urban craft industries.
5. How does Greek society hold women?
(a) Very highly.
(b) Not at all.
(c) Not very highly.
(d) Somewhat highly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
2. During the war in the sixth century B.C., Greek cities are occupied by whom?
3. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
4. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
5. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)