|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Formal, informal, and community.
(b) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(c) Individual, unique, and social.
(d) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
2. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
3. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(b) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(d) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
4. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
3. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
4. Who does this economically benefit?
5. The slave is owned by whom?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)