|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Having to pay for it.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) Any choice.
2. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The poor Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The middle class Athenians.
(d) The rich Athenians.
3. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Corn production.
(b) Wheat production.
(c) Grain production.
(d) Flax production.
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the feast of Zeus.
(b) In the worship of Athena.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the wedding oration of Perna.
5. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Macedonians.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
2. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
3. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
4. What does this chapter examine?
5. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)