|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) Having to pay for it.
(b) His own wishes.
(c) Any choice.
(d) The wishes of others.
2. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(b) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(c) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(d) The spread of disease.
3. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His friends.
(b) His family.
(c) His mother.
(d) The slave master.
4. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather lavish.
(b) Rather boring.
(c) Rather harsh.
(d) Rather eventful.
5. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A social and philosophical revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
2. To what does this lead?
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
4. By whom is society transformed?
5. What does the slave want?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)