|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
2. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(b) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(c) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(d) The spread of disease.
3. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) A person to be enslaved.
(b) Various social classes to exist.
(c) Inequality to exist.
(d) Freedom to develop as a value.
4. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
5. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Strong women in small roles.
(b) Weak women in small roles.
(c) Strong women commanding leading roles.
(d) Weak women in leading roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
2. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
3. Greek drama represents what?
4. What does the slave want?
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)