|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave want?
(a) To be free and an equal member of society.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To be given the necessities of survival.
2. When does the speech take place?
(a) During the last year of the Persian War.
(b) During the first year of the 100 Years War.
(c) During the last year of the Peloponnesian War.
(d) During the first year of the Peloponnesian War.
3. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
(a) Love and compassion.
(b) Understanding and compromise.
(c) Equality and justice.
(d) Slavery and freedoms of various kinds.
4. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
(a) Solomon's seize.
(b) Solon's seisochtheia.
(c) Solomon's seisochtheia.
(d) Solon's seize.
5. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A realistic view of women in society.
(b) A time away from real life.
(c) A fantasy.
(d) A discourse on values.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
2. By whom is society transformed?
3. What happens to debtors at this time?
4. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
5. To what does this expose the Greeks?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)