|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He would have family with which to stay.
(b) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(c) He does not have a place to go.
(d) He is not intelligent.
2. To what does this lead?
(a) The upper and middle class women commiserating and identifying with the slaves.
(b) The lower and middle class women commiserating and identifying with slaves.
(c) The lower and upper class women commiserating and identifying with their children.
(d) All women commiserating and identifying with their friends and relatives.
3. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Trick the slave to produce.
(b) Scare the slave into submission.
(c) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(d) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
4. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
(a) Their children.
5. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
(a) Ancient Carthage and Rome.
(b) Ancient Athens and Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome and Greece.
(d) Modern Athens and Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
3. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
4. Who writes the dramas?
5. What does it mean to be Greek?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)