|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
2. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male slaves of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Male landowners of the period.
(d) Female landowners of the period.
3. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) Any choice.
(b) The wishes of others.
(c) Having to pay for it.
(d) His own wishes.
4. Which women had more activities outside the home?
(a) The higher up the women are on the social ladder.
(b) The lower down the women are on the social ladder.
(c) Those women in the middle of the social ladder.
(d) Any woman on the social ladder.
5. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A freedom revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
2. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
3. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
4. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
5. On what does Patterson draw heavily to make his point?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)