|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
(a) The Franks and the Beautiful Woman.
(b) The Persians and The Suppliant Maidens.
(c) The Saxons and the Handsome Midwife.
(d) The Romans and the Goddess Juno.
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(b) In the feast of Zeus.
(c) In the worship of Athena.
(d) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
3. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(b) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(c) Import of wheat.
(d) Import of expensive stone and gems.
4. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(b) Other European nations.
(d) Other Greek city-states.
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically dependent on it.
(b) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(c) Economically and socially independent of it.
(d) Politically independent of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this chapter examine?
2. The slave is owned by whom?
3. Greek drama represents what?
4. The contemporaneous development of slavery and the concept of freedom characterize what societies?
5. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)