|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Peloponnesian War.
2. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Corn production.
(b) Grain production.
(c) Flax production.
(d) Wheat production.
3. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
(d) Only war.
4. Who writes the dramas?
(a) Female playwrights.
(b) Male playwrights.
(c) Leaders of the aristocracy.
(d) Poor men.
5. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The number of farms.
(b) The production of grain.
(c) The slave population.
(d) The slave-master population.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
3. For what do the slaves yearn?
4. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
5. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)