|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
2. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
3. What must one be to be considered Greek?
(a) A member of Greek society.
(c) A man.
(d) Native born.
4. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
5. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(b) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(c) Individual, unique, and social.
(d) Formal, informal, and community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave in this culture have?
2. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
3. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
4. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
5. For whom are the plays?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)