|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
2. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) The 100 Years War.
(d) The Renaissance.
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The economic revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The political revolution.
(d) The freedom revolution.
4. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Wheat production.
(b) Flax production.
(c) Grain production.
(d) Corn production.
5. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(d) Defining them without terms of legal status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
2. The years of the Peloponnesian War bring what to Athens and Greece?
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
5. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)