|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to be Greek?
(a) To be enslaved.
(b) To be free.
(c) To be special.
(d) To be an outcast.
2. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The rich Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The poor Athenians.
(d) The middle class Athenians.
3. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A social revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A philosophical revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
4. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Corn production.
(b) Wheat production.
(c) Flax production.
(d) Grain production.
5. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
(a) Regarding landownership.
(b) Regarding the work of slaves.
(c) Regarding the purchasing of slaves.
(d) Regarding manual labor and working for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
2. Who does the slave in this culture have?
3. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
4. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
5. Personal freedom awareness results from the role of what Greeks?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)