|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He does not have a place to go.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He is not intelligent.
2. How do these slaves from the mines and those in the urban sector provide for the Athenians?
(a) They provide food and supplies.
(b) They provide the means for the growing Athenian imperialism.
(c) They make medicine for the wealthy Athenians.
(d) They protect them from enemies.
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) To be a family member for the slave master.
(b) For protecting the slave master's family.
(c) To provide an income for the slave master.
(d) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
4. For whom are the plays?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The lower class.
(c) Male audiences.
(d) Female audiences.
5. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
(a) Rather boring.
(b) Rather eventful.
(c) Rather lavish.
(d) Rather harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. The occupation makes the Greeks think about what issues?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
4. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
5. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)