|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Aeschylus' plays does he cite?
(a) The Romans and the Goddess Juno.
(b) The Franks and the Beautiful Woman.
(c) The Saxons and the Handsome Midwife.
(d) The Persians and The Suppliant Maidens.
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
3. In order to foster productivity, there is also an accompanying increase in what, since this is the only way the society can attain the output it needs to survive?
4. Which women had more activities outside the home?
(a) Those women in the middle of the social ladder.
(b) Any woman on the social ladder.
(c) The higher up the women are on the social ladder.
(d) The lower down the women are on the social ladder.
5. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
(a) Community solidarity.
(c) Freedom as a social value.
(d) The institution of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
2. The slave is owned by whom?
3. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
4. For whom are the plays?
5. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)