|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was freed.
(b) He or she was sold.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was eaten.
2. On what is Athens now completely dependent?
(a) Food made from grain.
(b) Grain imports.
(c) Grain exports.
(d) Grain-based economies.
3. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
4. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Various social classes to exist.
(b) Inequality to exist.
(c) Freedom to develop as a value.
(d) A person to be enslaved.
5. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) He does not have a place to go.
(d) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What groups are excluded from any say in the government of the ruling wealthy?
2. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
3. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
4. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
5. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)