|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
(a) The slave-operated grain fields, mills, and shops.
(b) The slave-operated silver mines and urban craft industries.
(c) The slave-operated grain mills.
(d) The slave-operated grain fields.
2. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The productivity of the slave.
(b) The physical attributes of the slave.
(c) The social class of the slave.
(d) The intelligence of the slave.
3. How does Greek society hold women?
(a) Very highly.
(b) Not very highly.
(c) Somewhat highly.
(d) Not at all.
4. Of what is Greek drama full?
(a) Strong women in small roles.
(b) Strong women commanding leading roles.
(c) Weak women in small roles.
(d) Weak women in leading roles.
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Economically and socially independent of it.
(d) Politically dependent on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
2. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
3. Greek drama represents what?
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
5. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)