|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(a) Social conflict and upheaval.
2. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(d) Defining them without terms of legal status.
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A social and philosophical revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
4. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
5. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is a new aristocracy.
(b) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
2. What does this chapter examine?
3. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
4. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
5. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)