|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A social and philosophical revolution.
(c) A freedom revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
2. What does the slave want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be given the necessities of survival.
(c) To be given work.
(d) To be free and an equal member of society.
3. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The physical attributes of the slave.
(b) The intelligence of the slave.
(c) The social class of the slave.
(d) The productivity of the slave.
4. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male landowners of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male slaves of the period.
5. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Grain production.
(b) Corn production.
(c) Flax production.
(d) Wheat production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
4. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)