|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(b) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
2. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Any choice.
(c) Having to pay for it.
(d) The wishes of others.
3. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friends.
(d) His family.
4. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
5. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
3. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
4. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
5. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)