|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They encourag it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They are envious of it.
(d) They resist it.
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) A political revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
3. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A philosophical revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
4. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The political revolution.
(b) The freedom revolution.
(c) The social revolution.
(d) The economic revolution.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are sold into slavery.
(b) They are hanged.
(c) They are protected.
(d) They are exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
2. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
3. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
4. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
5. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)