|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave want?
(a) To be given the necessities of survival.
(b) To be free and an equal member of society.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To be given work.
2. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Female landowners of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Male slaves of the period.
(d) Male landowners of the period.
3. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
(b) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(c) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(d) The spread of disease.
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
2. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
3. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
4. The slave is owned by whom?
5. By whom is society transformed?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)