|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(b) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(c) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(d) Import of wheat.
2. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
3. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) The slave master.
(b) His king.
(d) His father.
4. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
5. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A social revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A philosophical revolution.
(d) An economic revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
2. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
3. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
4. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
5. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)