|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) He would have family with which to stay.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
2. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The social revolution.
(b) The freedom revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The political revolution.
3. What delineates the fifth revolution of this period?
(a) Concern with freedom as a value.
(b) Concern with economic freedom.
(c) Concern with political freedom.
(d) Concern with social freedom.
4. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(b) A slave master.
(c) The family and friendship structure.
(d) Food and shelter.
5. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Female landowners of the period.
(b) Male slaves of the period.
(c) Female slaves of the period.
(d) Male landowners of the period.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
2. Who does the slave in this culture have?
3. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
4. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
5. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)