|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Scare the slave into submission.
(b) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(c) Trick the slave to produce.
(d) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
2. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
3. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(b) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(c) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
(d) It is a new aristocracy.
4. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
5. The third component is the ________ component, where individuals have the freedom to participate in the community and its governance, with their rights and obligations defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
3. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
4. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)