|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A philosophical revolution.
(c) A social revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
2. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
3. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(b) Social conflict and upheaval.
4. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) A person to be enslaved.
(b) Various social classes to exist.
(c) Freedom to develop as a value.
(d) Inequality to exist.
5. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was freed.
(b) He or she was eaten.
(c) He or she was sold.
(d) He or she was given away as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
2. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
3. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
4. What happens to debtors at this time?
5. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)