|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
2. Since the slave master's financial welfare depended on the slave, what did he have to do?
(a) Scare the slave into submission.
(b) Find a way to purchase more slaves.
(c) Find a way to motivate the slave to produce.
(d) Trick the slave to produce.
3. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
(a) Regarding the work of slaves.
(b) Regarding the purchasing of slaves.
(c) Regarding manual labor and working for others.
(d) Regarding landownership.
4. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) The wishes of others.
(b) His own wishes.
(c) Any choice.
(d) Having to pay for it.
5. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was sold.
(b) He or she was freed.
(c) He or she was given away as a gift.
(d) He or she was eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
2. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
3. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
4. The slave is owned by whom?
5. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)