|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
(a) Male landowners of the period.
(b) Female slaves of the period.
(c) Female landowners of the period.
(d) Male slaves of the period.
2. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially independent of it.
3. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(b) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
4. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His family.
(b) The slave master.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
2. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
3. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
4. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)