|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His father.
(c) The slave master.
(d) His king.
2. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
(a) They miss their old lives.
(b) They are abused by the aristocracy and the still-oppressed slaves.
(c) They cause resentment among the still-oppressed slaves.
(d) They become disrespectful and out of control.
3. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The lower class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The upper class.
4. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(b) The family and friendship structure.
(c) A slave master.
(d) Food and shelter.
5. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
(c) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
Short Answer Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
2. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
3. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
4. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
5. Preoccupation with freedom is predominately a _____________ concept.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)