|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave want?
(a) To be given the necessities of survival.
(b) To be given work.
(c) To be free and an equal member of society.
(d) To be loved.
2. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(b) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is a new aristocracy.
3. According to Patterson, what are the three components of freedom?
(a) Formal, informal, and community.
(b) Ruler, kingdom, and peasant.
(c) Personal, sovereignal, and civic.
(d) Individual, unique, and social.
4. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
5. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
(a) Defining them purely in terms of personal status.
(b) Defining them purely in terms of social status.
(c) Defining them without terms of legal status.
(d) Defining them purely in terms of legal status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
2. With _____________ freedom, the individual is not dominated by another human.
3. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
4. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
5. What happens to debtors at this time?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)