|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A philosophical revolution.
(b) An economic revolution.
(c) A political revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
2. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The social revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The freedom revolution.
3. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
(a) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 4 and 7 A.D.
(b) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 7 and 4 B.C.
(c) Five revolutions that occurred in Rome between 7 and 4 B.C.
(d) Five revolutions that occurred in Athens between 4 and 7 A.D.
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of wheat.
(b) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(c) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(d) Mining for export and urban crafts.
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
(a) His mother.
(b) His family.
(c) The slave master.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
2. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
3. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
4. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
5. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)