|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
(b) It is a new aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
2. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
3. What does a second factor have to do with, which Patterson sees as "a strategic class error" (p. 65) because it results in a standard against which things can be measured?
(a) The spread of wealth among this new class.
(b) The spread of literacy and the development of a legal written code.
(c) The spread of disease.
(d) The spread of legal tender that quickly reveals wealth.
4. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
(a) Flax production.
(b) Corn production.
(c) Grain production.
(d) Wheat production.
5. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(c) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
(d) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not entirely correct regarding freedom and slavery?
2. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
3. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
4. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
5. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)