|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom is relative in that the more freedom one individual has, the ______ freedom another has.
2. The slave is owned by whom?
(a) His father.
(b) The slave master.
(d) His king.
3. What does this chapter examine?
(a) The role of Italy in the historical development of freedom.
(b) The role of Greece in the historical development of freedom as a social value.
(c) The role of Rome in the historical development of freedom.
(d) The role of Crete in the development of freedom.
4. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
5. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
(a) Import of expensive stone and gems.
(b) Mining for export and urban crafts.
(c) Exporting of wheat and other produce.
(d) Import of wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concern with personal freedom basically results from whom?
2. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
3. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
4. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
5. Who does the slave in this culture have?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)