|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In earlier cultures, what was ultimately done with the captive slave?
(a) He or she was given away as a gift.
(b) He or she was eaten.
(c) He or she was freed.
(d) He or she was sold.
2. What is the third revolution, which involves the emergence of democracy?
(a) A philosophical revolution.
(b) A social revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A political revolution.
3. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
4. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four city-states.
(b) Four Grecian rules.
(c) Four designated periods of interest.
(d) Four villages.
5. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In sovereignal status.
(b) In social status.
(c) In legal status.
(d) In personal status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to debtors at this time?
2. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
3. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
4. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
5. What does this chapter examine?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)