|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements describes the new class that arises?
(a) It is a new aristocracy.
(b) It is dependent on the aristocracy.
(c) It is more powerful than the aristocracy.
(d) It is not dependent on the aristocracy.
2. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
(a) The freedom revolution.
(b) The political revolution.
(c) The economic revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
3. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
(a) The social class of the slave.
(b) The physical attributes of the slave.
(c) The productivity of the slave.
(d) The intelligence of the slave.
4. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They resist it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They encourag it.
(d) They are envious of it.
5. Slavery is more than just what kind of problem?
(a) In legal status.
(b) In sovereignal status.
(c) In social status.
(d) In personal status.
Short Answer Questions
1. The whole fabric of society exists around and is dependent on what?
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
3. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
4. Society's economic infrastructure consists of what, in addition to larger landholder farms?
5. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)