|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the Tupinamba, why does the slave exist?
(a) For protecting the slave master's family.
(b) To provide an income for the slave master.
(c) For the honor and dignity of the slave master.
(d) To be a family member for the slave master.
2. In this type of freedom, an individual can do what he wants without the constraint of what?
(a) His own wishes.
(b) Having to pay for it.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) Any choice.
3. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
4. What are palatine centralism, decentralized tribalism, rudimentary state formation and aristocratic resurgence?
(a) Four designated periods of interest.
(b) Four villages.
(c) Four Grecian rules.
(d) Four city-states.
5. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
2. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
3. To what can the development of freedom as a social value be traced?
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
5. _________________ freedom more or less defines the slave-slave master relationship.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)