|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
(a) Jesus dies for the good of mankind and is resurrected.
(b) Jesus has died.
(c) Jesus knows all the critics.
(d) Jesus will return in three days.
2. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
(a) The Socratic method.
3. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(a) Social conflict and upheaval.
4. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
(a) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they see happen in their society.
(b) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they would like to see in society.
(c) The opinions of the intellectuals on what is best for society.
(d) What annoys the intellectuals about society.
5. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A time away from real life.
(b) A fantasy.
(c) A discourse on values.
(d) A realistic view of women in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the dramas?
2. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
3. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
4. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
5. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)