|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The number of farms.
(b) The production of grain.
(c) The slave-master population.
(d) The slave population.
2. A social reaction between slave, slaveholder and society must take place in order for what to happen?
(a) Freedom to develop as a value.
(b) Various social classes to exist.
(c) A person to be enslaved.
(d) Inequality to exist.
3. Between what freedoms do they distinguish?
(a) Warm and cool.
(b) Smooth and rigid.
(c) Personal and civic.
(d) Outer and inner.
4. Eventually, the differing views of freedom lead to what?
(c) Social conflict and upheaval.
5. How is Rome similar to Greece?
(a) It's people speak the same language.
(b) It is the same shape.
(c) It led by the same ruler.
(d) It is also a slave-based economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which social classes of women are restricted to their houses with very little social life?
2. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
3. Is it still possible for the upper class to experience personal freedom even when their civic freedom is severely limited by the princeps?
4. Of whom does the majority of the population consist?
5. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)