|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
2. Who are many of the proponents of these schools of thought?
(a) The middle class.
(b) Slaves or former slaves.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The upper class.
3. The imperialistic quest of the Athenians is now directed at whom?
(a) Other Greek city-states.
(d) Other European nations.
4. How do societies everywhere regard the inception of freedom as a value?
(a) They encourag it.
(b) They are envious of it.
(c) They resist it.
(d) They ignore it.
5. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
2. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
3. What does the slave want?
4. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
5. Where are these elements first expressed?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)