|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the external response reveal about intellectuals?
(a) What annoys the intellectuals about society.
(b) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they see happen in their society.
(c) The opinions of the intellectuals on what they would like to see in society.
(d) The opinions of the intellectuals on what is best for society.
2. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
(a) The slave-operated grain fields.
(b) The slave-operated grain mills.
(c) The slave-operated grain fields, mills, and shops.
(d) The slave-operated silver mines and urban craft industries.
3. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
4. How is the crucifixion of Jesus referred?
(a) As the "dying of God."
(b) As the "saving of man."
(c) As the "scandal of the cross."
(d) As the "reason for the season."
5. Who are the Sophists?
(a) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Roman thought.
(b) One of the groups of intellectuals that influence Greek thought and values.
(c) The followers of an intellectual named Sophie.
(d) One of the groups that conflicts with the intellectuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
3. The upper class young men of the time are educated in Stoicism and despise who?
4. With whom do the patricians conflict?
5. Did freedom as an idea develop into a value everywhere?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)