|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what form of freedom do intellectuals frown?
(a) The rigid view.
(b) The civic view.
(c) The warm view.
(d) The outer or external view.
2. With what is freedom equated?
(a) Solitude and self-sufficiency.
(b) Dependency and self-sufficiency.
(c) Indepence and solitude.
(d) Independence and self-sufficiency.
3. What kind of revolution is the fourth revolution, marked by the formation of social and moral sciences based on rationality?
(a) A social and philosophical revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) An economic revolution.
(d) A freedom revolution.
4. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the worship of Athena.
(b) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the feast of Zeus.
5. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The compassion of the king.
(b) The end of slavery.
(c) The freedom of serfdom.
(d) The oppression of serfdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Christian religion offer to the weaker elements of Hellenistic society?
2. How do Jesus' followers reply to the critics?
3. With whom do the patricians conflict?
4. How do many in the nobility view the princeps?
5. In what revolution does the slaveholder become economically dependent on the slave for his own financial well-being?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)