|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are the plays?
(a) Male audiences.
(b) The lower class.
(c) Female audiences.
(d) The upper class.
2. For what do the slaves yearn?
(b) Freedom and escape from bondage.
(c) Love and compassion.
(d) Food and shelter.
3. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
(b) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
(c) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
4. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(d) The Socratic method.
5. Who does this economically benefit?
(a) The poor Athenians.
(b) Both rich and poor Athenians.
(c) The rich Athenians.
(d) The middle class Athenians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The practice of manumission and co-optation means the native born Romans, or the ruling class, are what?
2. What do Jesus' followers turn into an act of glorification and propaganda?
3. This chapter describes events in the period between the Persian War and the beginning of what?
4. What is one of the phases?
5. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)