|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is slavery somewhat undermined in late 7 A.D.?
(a) Mass conversion to Judaism.
(b) Mass conversion to Buddhism.
(c) Mass conversion to Christianity.
(d) Mass conversion to Islam.
2. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
3. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
(a) They are the wealthy aristocracy.
(b) They are the writers of the time.
(c) They are the most intelligent.
(d) They affect the people of all levels of society.
4. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
5. In what do plebeians have more faith?
(a) Many minor rulers.
(c) No rulers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
2. Who either fear being captured and made into slaves, or are already slaves and want release?
3. For whom are the plays?
4. To what are the Reactionary Stoicism beliefs adapted?
5. How is Rome similar to Greece?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)