|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents Reactionary Stoicism?
2. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(c) He would have family with which to stay.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
3. How is this conflict referred?
(a) As the need for order.
(b) As the transition to order.
(c) As the struggle of the orders.
(d) As the fight for orders.
4. Why must one be aware of and concerned with the thoughts and opinions of the intellectuals?
(a) They are the wealthy aristocracy.
(b) They are the most intelligent.
(c) They are the writers of the time.
(d) They affect the people of all levels of society.
5. In the Middle Ages, what renews the interest in the quest for freedom?
(a) The compassion of the king.
(b) The oppression of serfdom.
(c) The end of slavery.
(d) The freedom of serfdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Sophists?
2. What does Jesus not intend to do?
3. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
4. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
5. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)