|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Greek drama, especially tragedy, credit women?
(a) With being responsible for developing the social consciousness of concern for personal freedom and independence.
(b) With being responsible for feeding the Greek population.
(c) With being responsible for building up the Greek population.
(d) With being responsible for guiding their men along the correct path.
2. Why does Reactionary Stoicism appeal to the Roman upper classes?
(a) It is based on social status.
(b) It is based on reason.
(c) It is based on wealth.
(d) It is based on faith.
3. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
(a) An economic revolution.
(b) A political revolution.
(c) A freedom revolution.
(d) A social revolution.
4. What school of thought is one of moral introspection, postulating that the soul is trapped inside the body during life and is freed when the body dies.
(c) The Socratic method.
5. How does Patterson describe the elements of slavery?
(a) As a loss of power and embarrassment.
(b) As powerlessness, natal alienation and dishonor.
(c) As having no family, friends, or home.
(d) As being a vagrant, weak, and unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to these former slaves that become successful and prosperous?
2. What are the three elements of freedom called?
3. Three schools of thought exist among what thinkers?
4. Who did the women confined to home have for company?
5. Between what freedoms do they distinguish?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)