|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Economically and socially dependent on it.
(b) Politically independent of it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially independent of it.
2. What happens to debtors at this time?
(a) They are protected.
(b) They are hanged.
(c) They are sold into slavery.
(d) They are exiled.
3. What is also a factor contributing to the social conflict of this time?
4. Greek drama represents what?
(a) A fantasy.
(b) A time away from real life.
(c) A discourse on values.
(d) A realistic view of women in society.
5. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He would have family with which to stay.
(b) He does not have a place to go.
(c) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(d) He is not intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the war in 230 B.C., Athens establishes what, that brings their imperialism to an end?
2. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
3. How does Greek society hold women?
4. By whom is society transformed?
5. Whose thinking basically molds the early church and shapes generations of theological thinkers?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)