|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the wretched who convert?
(a) They go to hell.
(b) They must tithe.
(c) They are purified of sin.
(d) They are damned.
2. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The production of grain.
(b) The number of farms.
(c) The slave population.
(d) The slave-master population.
3. By whom is society transformed?
(a) The upper class.
(b) The lower class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The slaves.
4. What is an outgrowth of Socratic thought in which there is complete personal freedom, both inner and outer?
(c) The Socratic method.
5. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a social reform for the abolishment of debt, debt bondage and enslavement for debt?
2. In the days of ancient Carthage, the slave develops what kind of value?
3. On what is there greater reliance to produce the necessary revenues?
4. How are the living conditions of many Athenian women?
5. To what preoccupation among citizens does this lead?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)