|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This means that there has to be an increase in what?
(a) The slave population.
(b) The number of farms.
(c) The production of grain.
(d) The slave-master population.
2. What parts of the Roman economy are slave-based?
(a) Neither urban nor rural.
(c) Both urban and rural.
3. According to Patterson, how many phases exist in the development of early Christianity?
4. Why is freedom not practical for a slave during this period?
(a) He would have family with which to stay.
(b) The slave master would not have an adequate amount of workers.
(c) He is not intelligent.
(d) He does not have a place to go.
5. On what is the nineteenth century Imbangala people of Africa's society based?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this chapter examine the role of women in the development of the concept of freedom?
2. The financial welfare of the slaveholder is now becoming dependent on what?
3. How is the cult of Christianity similar to other cults of the time?
4. For what do the slaves yearn?
5. In what revolution does a large slave population exist to serve the aristocracy and non-farm population?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)