Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ruling class find the majority of the population becoming?
(a) Politically independent of it.
(b) Economically and socially independent of it.
(c) Politically dependent on it.
(d) Economically and socially dependent on it.
2. Where are these elements first expressed?
(a) In the wedding oration of Perna.
(b) In the worship of Athena.
(c) In the funeral oration of Pericles.
(d) In the feast of Zeus.
3. Athens experiences how many results from the transition to a slave economy?
4. What would a slave in this culture not have that is necessary to protect and nurture him?
(a) Food and shelter.
(b) A slave master.
(d) The family and friendship structure.
5. These factors lead to the development of what kind of society?
(a) No longer a slave based society.
(b) A foreign slave based society.
(c) A native slave based society.
(d) A kingdom with serfs instead of slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a shift in agricultural production away from what into the production of olives, figs, fruits, etc.?
2. Again what does Patterson use to support this point?
3. What does this chapter examine?
4. Who destroys the Athenians system of democracy in 322 B.C.?
5. Of what is Greek drama full?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)