|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Aung San want to achieve nationalism?
(a) Through non-violent resistance.
(b) With the assistance of the United Nations.
(d) Through force.
2. In terms of outsiders, who represented a bigger change than the British?
(a) The Americans and the Canadians.
(b) The Japanese and the Koreans.
(c) The Indians and Chinese.
(d) The Portuguese and the Dutch.
3. When did political thinking in Burma get stalled?
(a) In 1962.
(b) By World War II.
(c) By World War I.
(d) During the Cold War.
4. What is the instrument of oppression in totalitarian regimes?
5. How did the Burmese initially view the Japanese?
(a) As liberators.
(b) As allies.
(c) As spies for the British.
(d) As oppressors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Belief in Burma's Future," what is Suu Kyi's fear about the army in Burma?
2. "The Formation of a People's Committee" "earnestly requests" which of the following?
3. Which is NOT a cause of decay according to the Buddhists?
4. How did British colonization occur in Burma?
5. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what corrupts individuals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aung San Suu Kyi observe about the theme of nationalism in Indian and Burmese literature?
2. In his 1947 inauguration speech, what did Aung San caution the Burmese people about?
3. In the article "Belief in Burma's Future," what are Aung San Suu Kyi's beliefs about the army in Burma in 1988?
4. What was the Burmese people's attitude toward the Japanese?
5. What happened to the Burmese government after Aung San was assassinated?
6. What is the the quintessential difference between the rule of law in a democracy and under totalitarian rule?
7. According to Suu Kyi, what happened to political thought in Burma during the early twentieth century?
8. Under what conditions would Aung San resign as leader of Burma?
9. What was the Freedom Bloc's message?
10. What was the position of the Burmese nationalists toward the British at the onset of World War II?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)