|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Suu Kyi, What was Gandhi able to accomplish that Burma was unable to do?
(a) To hold rallies.
(b) To take a spiritual approach to ousting the British.
(c) To organize demonstrations.
(d) To synthesize thought and action.
2. "The Formation of a People's Committee" "earnestly requests" which of the following?
(a) That the authorities stop using force and release all political prisoners.
(b) Adopt a free market economic system.
(c) That the authorities hold open and free elections.
(d) The government form a multi-party legislative body.
3. When did political thinking in Burma get stalled?
(a) During the Cold War.
(b) In 1962.
(c) By World War I.
(d) By World War II.
4. According to Suu Kyi, in her speech on December 3, 1988, what is the life expectancy of someone in a dictatorship?
(a) Seventy-five years.
(b) Seventy years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Sixty years.
5. What also developed along with the western influence on Burmese language and literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. According Suu Kyi, who is oppressing the people of Burma?
2. Who was the first group of people to settle in Burma?
3. Where was the disintegrating effect of the British rule first felt in Burma?
4. When did the Burmese nationalism movement reach a turning point?
5. In Suu Kyi's letter to the editor dated 14 April 1989, what do the Burmese people deserve?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)