|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Aung San's objective after he resigned as military chief?
(a) To organize a grassroots resistance.
(b) To release political prisoners.
(c) To unite Burma's ethnic groups.
(d) To stabilize the economy.
2. What is the instrument of oppression in totalitarian regimes?
3. How did the British attempt to pacify the Burmese people during their rule?
(a) By imposing curfews.
(b) Through intermarriage.
(c) By emphasizing differences among the ethnic groups.
(d) By turing their backs on the corruption of local Burmese administrators.
4. Where did the nationalism movement in Burma get its roots?
(a) At the university.
(b) In the villages.
(c) By expatriates in Bangkok
(d) In Rangoon.
5. In Suu Kyi's letter to the editor dated 14 April 1989, who changed the result of Suu Kyi's difficulties?
(a) The Secretary General of the United Nations.
(b) A cadre of generals.
(c) A major.
(d) That Myint Aung.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Burmese initially view the Japanese?
2. How did British colonization occur in Burma?
3. In Suu Kyi's interview with Karan Thapar in August 29, 1988, what does she state as her vision for her role in Burma?
4. What political party swept the elections in Burma in 1947?
5. According to Aung San, why did he encourage the Japanese invasion?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)