|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
(a) Internation Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and the Lautaro Lodge.
(b) Amnesty International and the National Commission of Jurists.
(c) Human Rights Watch and Genocide Watch.
(d) Commonweath of Nations and No Peace Without Justice.
2. What political party swept the elections in Burma in 1947?
(a) Union Solidarity and Development Association (USDA).
(b) Anti-Fascist People's Freedom League (AFPFL).
(c) Democratic Party for a New Society (DPFNS).
(d) National Coalition Government of the Union of Burma (NCGUB).
3. Who was the first group of people to settle in Burma?
(a) The Moguls.
(b) The Mons.
(c) The Pagans.
(d) The Aryans.
4. What group became the voice for Burmese nationalism?
(a) The labor unions.
(b) The university students.
(c) The farmers.
(d) The military.
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the things that Suu Kyi emphasizes in her speech on December 1988?
(a) Loyalties and allegiances should not be to individuals or groups.
(b) Everyone must maintain hope.
(c) Loyalties and allegiances should not be short-term.
(d) Everyone must work together for democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suu Kyi conclude her first letter to Amnesty International?
2. At the end of Suu Kyi's speech at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988, she restates their common goal, which is
3. "The Formation of a People's Committee" "earnestly requests" which of the following?
4. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what corrupts individuals?
5. Who published Aung San Suu Kyi's work that examines the themes in Burmese literature and political thought?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)