|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
(a) If the country's economy failed.
(b) If his government violated human rights.
(c) If he failed to affect change.
(d) If he lost his people's respect.
2. Which is not a Burmese ethnic group?
3. What was the purpose of the rally at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988?
(a) To draw world attention to the collective will of the Burmese people.
(b) To galvanize the people for the commencement of a battle for a democratic government.
(c) To communicate with Suu Kyi's supporters.
(d) To demonstrate that citizens should be able to peacefully assemble.
4. According Suu Kyi, who is oppressing the people of Burma?
(a) The people themselves.
(b) The government's Burma Socialist Programme Party (BSPP).
(c) The military.
(d) President Maung.
5. Which is worst out of the four types of corruption?
(d) Ill will.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her undated letter to the United Nations, what is Suu Kyi's hope for the United Nation's role in Burma?
2. In Suu Kyi's undated letter to the United Nations, she states that "those who embrace the cause of human rights...
3. Who formed a new government after Aung San was assassinated?
4. When did political thinking in Burma get stalled?
5. According to Suu Kyi, in her speech on December 3, 1988, what is the life expectancy of someone in a dictatorship?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)