|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does hope return in Burma?
(a) Because "human beings the world over need freedom and security."
(b) Because "fear is not the natural state of civilized man."
(c) Because "the struggle for democracy and human rights in Burma is a struggle for life and dignity."
(d) Because "peace as a goal is an ideal which will not be contested by any government or nation."
2. Which is worst out of the four types of corruption?
(b) Ill will.
3. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what are the Burmese people eager to study?
(a) Modern politics.
4. Who were the leaders of the party that overthrew the Burmese government in 1962?
(b) Military generals.
(d) The Japanese
5. According to Suu Kyi, what is the Burmese government attempting to do in 1988?
(a) To promote anarchy.
(b) To adopt reforms.
(c) To quash rebellion.
(d) To regulate every aspect of public and private life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Suu Kyi, What was Gandhi able to accomplish that Burma was unable to do?
2. What was the Burmese approach to life during British occupation?
3. Who published Aung San Suu Kyi's work that examines the themes in Burmese literature and political thought?
4. Where was the disintegrating effect of the British rule first felt in Burma?
5. In Suu Kyi's opinion, what has oppression done to the people of Burma?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)