|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did political thinking in Burma get stalled?
(a) By World War II.
(b) During the Cold War.
(c) By World War I.
(d) In 1962.
2. What is the main river in Burma?
(a) The Buriganga.
(b) The Irrawaddy.
(c) The Yalu.
(d) The Salween.
3. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, when did the western influence on Burmese language and literature become evident?
(a) During the latter part of the nineteenth century.
(b) During the middle part of the twentieth century.
(c) During the middle part of the nineteenth century.
(d) During the beginning of the twentieth century.
4. What can authorities in Burma do without due process?
(a) "Authorities can imprison if there are witnesses."
(b) "Authorities can take what is not rightfully theirs."
(c) "Authorities can enforce as 'law' arbitrary decrees."
(d) "Authorities can violate human rights."
5. What comparison does Suu Kyi make to the ongoing national crisis in 1988?
(a) The peasant revolts that have occurred throughout history.
(b) The second struggle for national independence.
(c) The fallling of The Iron Curtain.
(d) The democratic movement in China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Burmese approach to life during British occupation?
2. Who were the leaders of the party that overthrew the Burmese government in 1962?
3. Which is not a Burmese ethnic group?
4. What was Burma's main export?
5. Which of Aung San's relatives led one of the first groups resist the British occupation?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)