|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, when did the western influence on Burmese language and literature become evident?
(a) During the middle part of the nineteenth century.
(b) During the beginning of the twentieth century.
(c) During the middle part of the twentieth century.
(d) During the latter part of the nineteenth century.
2. Where was the Burma Independence Army (BIA) formed?
(b) Kuala Lumpur.
3. What is the main river in Burma?
(a) The Irrawaddy.
(b) The Buriganga.
(c) The Yalu.
(d) The Salween.
4. People who have suffered from a bad government should be preoccupied with......?
(b) Political philosophies.
(c) The theories of good government.
(d) Reforming government.
5. Which of Aung San's relatives led one of the first groups resist the British occupation?
(a) His Father, Aung Thein.
(b) His Brother, Ba Gyan.
(c) His Grandfather, Saw Lwin.
(d) His Uncle, U Min Yaung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event brought Aung San's name into prominence in the Burmese nationalism movement?
2. Who holds the burden of upholding justice and common decency where no rule of law prevails?
3. What was the purpose of the rally at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988?
4. At the end of Suu Kyi's speech at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988, she restates their common goal, which is
5. What is NOT one of the four types of corruption identified by Aung San Suu Kyi?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)