|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of literature became increasingly popular in Burma near the end of the British rule?
(b) Philosophical works.
(c) Short Stories.
2. How did British colonization occur in Burma?
(a) Gradually over 200 years.
(b) Abruptly, in a few months.
(c) After a five-year war.
(d) In three clear-cut phases.
3. Where did the nationalism movement in Burma get its roots?
(a) In the villages.
(b) At the university.
(c) In Rangoon.
(d) By expatriates in Bangkok
4. What group became the voice for Burmese nationalism?
(a) The military.
(b) The university students.
(c) The farmers.
(d) The labor unions.
5. According to Suu Kyi, What was Gandhi able to accomplish that Burma was unable to do?
(a) To synthesize thought and action.
(b) To organize demonstrations.
(c) To take a spiritual approach to ousting the British.
(d) To hold rallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The passage written in 1908 negatively compares the Burmese to the following nationalities EXCEPT?
2. Why was the Burmese populace largely literate?
3. According to the letter, "The Formation of a People's Committee," what is not capable of reflecting the will of the people?
4. What political party swept the elections in Burma in 1947?
5. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what are the Burmese people eager to study?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)