|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does hope return in Burma?
(a) Because "the struggle for democracy and human rights in Burma is a struggle for life and dignity."
(b) Because "peace as a goal is an ideal which will not be contested by any government or nation."
(c) Because "fear is not the natural state of civilized man."
(d) Because "human beings the world over need freedom and security."
2. Who holds the burden of upholding justice and common decency where no rule of law prevails?
(a) The religious orders.
(b) The police.
(c) The military.
(d) The people.
3. Which is NOT a cause of decay according to the Buddhists?
(a) The persistent occurence of bad practices.
(b) Leadership of men without morality or learning.
(c) Disregard of the need for reasonable economy.
(d) Omission to repair that which had been damaged.
4. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
(a) If he lost his people's respect.
(b) If he failed to affect change.
(c) If his government violated human rights.
(d) If the country's economy failed.
5. How did the Burmese initially view the Japanese?
(a) As liberators.
(b) As spies for the British.
(c) As oppressors.
(d) As allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What also developed along with the western influence on Burmese language and literature?
2. How did Aung San want to achieve nationalism?
3. What was a common theme in Burmese literature near the end of the British rule?
4. What is the political party that overthrew the Burmese government in 1962?
5. Where was the Burma Independence Army (BIA) formed?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)