|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The passage written in 1908 negatively compares the Burmese to the following nationalities EXCEPT?
(a) The Siamese.
(b) The European.
(c) The Chinaman.
2. In terms of outsiders, who represented a bigger change than the British?
(a) The Portuguese and the Dutch.
(b) The Americans and the Canadians.
(c) The Indians and Chinese.
(d) The Japanese and the Koreans.
3. What was different about the human rights violation than previous circumstances that Suu Kyi cites in her second letter to Amnesty International?
(a) That is involves children.
(b) That the incidences are increasing.
(c) That it is occuring in broad daylight.
(d) That a person inside of the regime is speaking against these practices.
4. What comparison does Suu Kyi make to the ongoing national crisis in 1988?
(a) The second struggle for national independence.
(b) The fallling of The Iron Curtain.
(c) The peasant revolts that have occurred throughout history.
(d) The democratic movement in China.
5. What was the Burmese peoples' general attitude toward the British?
(a) Largely indifferent.
(b) Very hostile.
(c) Generally inviting.
(d) Basically curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what corrupts individuals?
2. Who holds the burden of upholding justice and common decency where no rule of law prevails?
3. Which is worst out of the four types of corruption?
4. Which one of the following is NOT one of the things that Suu Kyi emphasizes in her speech on December 1988?
5. Why does Amnesty International not come to Burma?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)