|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the four types of corruption identified by Aung San Suu Kyi?
(b) Ill will.
2. What does not allow fear to dictate behavior?
3. Where did the nationalism movement in Burma get its roots?
(a) In the villages.
(b) By expatriates in Bangkok
(c) At the university.
(d) In Rangoon.
4. How does Suu Kyi conclude her first letter to Amnesty International?
(a) To pass on any additional avenues to address the situation in Burma that she did not suggest.
(b) To act swiftly.
(c) That everyone needs to work together to bring about change in Burma.
(d) To actively promote the situation in Burma worldwide.
5. According to Suu Kyi, in her speech on December 3, 1988, would the life expectancy be of the Burmese people in a democracy?
(a) Eighty years.
(b) Seventy-five years.
(c) Seventy years.
(d) Sixty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who influenced the Burmese in terms of philosophy?
2. In Suu Kyi's speech on December 3, 1988, what does she say about democracy?
3. At the end of Suu Kyi's speech at the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988, she restates their common goal, which is
4. In terms of outsiders, who represented a bigger change than the British?
5. For Aung San Suu Kyi, how will the forces that produce inequities be conquered?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)