|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
(a) Commonweath of Nations and No Peace Without Justice.
(b) Human Rights Watch and Genocide Watch.
(c) Amnesty International and the National Commission of Jurists.
(d) Internation Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and the Lautaro Lodge.
2. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what does she describe as being poor?
(a) An organization totally under the thumb of a dictator.
(b) The health of Burma.
(c) The economic vitiality of Burma.
(d) The hope of the people of Burma.
3. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what does she consider a "legitimate concern" for the international community?
(a) The decades of oppression and human rights violations.
(b) The power is not being transferred to the government elected by the people.
(c) The imprisonment of Burmese leader Bo Tayza.
(d) The previous weeks' wanton slaughter of unarmed citizens.
4. What was Aung San's response to his fame in 1942?
(a) He vehemently rejected all of the attention placed on him.
(b) He had not earned himself a place in the history of Burma.
(c) He thought it was his time to bask in the spotlight.
(d) He had worked hard for the advancement of the Burmese people.
5. What political party swept the elections in Burma in 1947?
(a) Anti-Fascist People's Freedom League (AFPFL).
(b) Union Solidarity and Development Association (USDA).
(c) National Coalition Government of the Union of Burma (NCGUB).
(d) Democratic Party for a New Society (DPFNS).
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Suu Kyi ask to press about the human rights violations in Burma in her open letter dated September 26, 1988?
2. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is her response to the question about whether she thinks the authorities will move against her?
3. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
4. What are Suu Kyi's comments about the SLORC in an interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989?
5. In an interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is Suu Kyi's response to the question, "what would happen after the elections, if there were elections?"
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)