|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what occasion does she want people to act upon her request ?
(a) The next meeting of the Burmese State Peace and Development Council.
(b) The trial of seven innocents.
(c) A visit by the director of the Office of the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights.
(d) The General Debate.
2. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
(a) Internation Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and the Lautaro Lodge.
(b) Amnesty International and the National Commission of Jurists.
(c) Commonweath of Nations and No Peace Without Justice.
(d) Human Rights Watch and Genocide Watch.
3. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what does she describe as being poor?
(a) The economic vitiality of Burma.
(b) The health of Burma.
(c) The hope of the people of Burma.
(d) An organization totally under the thumb of a dictator.
4. What organization is holding the event that Suu Kyi wants people to act upon her request?
(a) The Burmese Tribunal.
(b) The Burmese Government.
(c) The United Nations General Assembly.
(d) The International Court of Justice.
5. In an interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is Suu Kyi's response to the question, "what would happen after the elections, if there were elections?"
(a) "The NLD would win by a landslide."
(b) "We don't know. This is the problem."
(c) "We shall see if justice would be served."
(d) "We would never have an election."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what does she consider a "legitimate concern" for the international community?
2. What are Suu Kyi's comments about economic development in her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989?
3. In her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what are Suu Kyi's observations about the Burmese people?
4. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
5. What was Aung San's response to his fame in 1942?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)