|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party swept the elections in Burma in 1947?
(a) Anti-Fascist People's Freedom League (AFPFL).
(b) Union Solidarity and Development Association (USDA).
(c) National Coalition Government of the Union of Burma (NCGUB).
(d) Democratic Party for a New Society (DPFNS).
2. What group did Aung San form in 1942?
(a) The Burma Independence Army (BIA).
(b) The Burma Independence Front.(BIF).
(c) The Burma Democratic League (BDL).
(d) The Burma Improvement Association (BIA).
3. Who does Suu Kyi ask to press about the human rights violations in Burma in her open letter dated September 26, 1988?
(a) World Leaders.
(b) The citizens of the world.
(c) The members of the United Nations General Assembly
(d) Ambassadors from countries recognized by the Burmese government.
4. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
(a) Commonweath of Nations and No Peace Without Justice.
(b) Amnesty International and the National Commission of Jurists.
(c) Human Rights Watch and Genocide Watch.
(d) Internation Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and the Lautaro Lodge.
5. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what does she describe as being poor?
(a) The health of Burma.
(b) The economic vitiality of Burma.
(c) The hope of the people of Burma.
(d) An organization totally under the thumb of a dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what are Suu Kyi's observations about the Burmese people?
2. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, when was the occasion to address human rights violations to occur?
3. According to his daughter, what would have been abhorrent to Aung San?
4. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
5. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is her response to the question about whether she thinks the authorities will move against her?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)