|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suu Kyi writes that Aung San was NOT...
(a) A political idealogue.
(b) A show horse.
(c) An attention seeker.
(d) A political stuntman.
2. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, when was the occasion to address human rights violations to occur?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) The following day.
3. What group did Aung San form in 1942?
(a) The Burma Improvement Association (BIA).
(b) The Burma Independence Army (BIA).
(c) The Burma Independence Front.(BIF).
(d) The Burma Democratic League (BDL).
4. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
(a) If he lost his people's respect.
(b) If the country's economy failed.
(c) If he failed to affect change.
(d) If his government violated human rights.
5. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what occasion does she want people to act upon her request ?
(a) A visit by the director of the Office of the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights.
(b) The General Debate.
(c) The next meeting of the Burmese State Peace and Development Council.
(d) The trial of seven innocents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Suu Kyi's comments about economic development in her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989?
2. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is her response to the question about whether she thinks the authorities will move against her?
3. In an interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is Suu Kyi's response to the question, "what would happen after the elections, if there were elections?"
4. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
5. What was Aung San's response to his fame in 1942?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)