|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what are Suu Kyi's observations about the Burmese people?
(a) They have a rich heritage.
(b) They have learned to be frightened.
(c) They are a resilient group.
(d) They will be able to easily adjust to a democratic system.
2. According to his daughter, what would have been abhorrent to Aung San?
(a) Violence and immoral acts.
(b) Deceit and political guile.
(c) Greed and ill will.
(d) Ignorance and disinterest.
3. Who does Suu Kyi ask to press about the human rights violations in Burma in her open letter dated September 26, 1988?
(a) The citizens of the world.
(b) World Leaders.
(c) The members of the United Nations General Assembly
(d) Ambassadors from countries recognized by the Burmese government.
4. What other organizations has Suu Kyi made appeals about the violation of human rights in Burma?
(a) Human Rights Watch and Genocide Watch.
(b) Commonweath of Nations and No Peace Without Justice.
(c) Amnesty International and the National Commission of Jurists.
(d) Internation Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance and the Lautaro Lodge.
5. What are Suu Kyi's comments about economic development in her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989?
(a) The government cannot build a system with nothing to support it.
(b) It must be preceded by fundamental political changes.
(c) You need foreign investment, but the global community is currently boycotting Burma.
(d) Having economic development is useless when basic human rights are not being provided.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what occasion does she want people to act upon her request ?
2. Under what condition did Aung San vow he would resign his position as the leader of Burma?
3. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, when was the occasion to address human rights violations to occur?
4. In Suu Kyi's interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989, what is her response to the question about whether she thinks the authorities will move against her?
5. What group did Aung San form in 1942?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)