|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a part of the 1964 War on Poverty program?
(a) food stamps
(d) Social Security
2. Enforced equality is a part of life in:
(d) apartment buildings
3. New Deal temporary programs included all but:
(b) direct federal relief to the indigent
(c) Civilian Conservations Corps
4. Protection refers to:
(a) insurance on shipments
(b) insurance and benefits for workers
(c) tariffs and other trade restrictions
(d) safe production methods
5. Interested sophistry refers to:
(a) buy cheap and selling high
(b) a new marketing tool
(c) the knowledge of consumers
(d) a new production technique
Short Answer Questions
1. A coordinated restriction of payments by banks is used:
2. Which bank failure precipitated the banking crisis of 1930?
3. Regarding the depression, Roosevelt's adviser's believed in:
4. When did the concepts of equality before God and the law begin to come closer together?
5. Policies based on fair shares or 'to each according to his needs' have resulted in severe lack of liberties in all but the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a restriction of payments?
2. What are Open Market Operations?
3. Why weren't the New Deal programs carried to completion?
4. What is meant by equality of outcome?
5. What did the Great Depression of 1929 prove to the public?
6. What are the results of trade barriers?
7. England has a successful National Health Service that many people think the United States should have. What are the problems with the British program?
8. What happens if there in interference with prices?
9. What is meant by equality of opportunity?
10. Which of the three kinds of equality causes a conflict with liberty?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)