|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Anatomy of Crisis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Federal Reserve Act was legislated in:
2. A run on a bank occurs when depositors:
(a) depositors refuse loans
(b) the bank refuses to make loans
(c) depositors refuse to deposit money
(d) try to withdraw their money in cash at the same time
3. The term human capital refers to the:
(a) machinery in the factory
(b) personal productive capacity of an individual
(c) output produced by a fasting
(d) kinds of inputs the worker uses
4. What kind of international trade is best?
(a) partically free trade
(b) no trade
(c) free trade
(d) trade with restrictions
5. The economy functions on the basis of:
(a) government direction
(b) voluntary cooperation
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people support tariffs because they think that tariffs:
2. What action did the Fed take after England abandoned the gold standard?
3. The national security argument for protection states that:
4. Government subsidies to industry are viewed as:
5. Which bank failure precipitated the banking crisis of 1930?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)