|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Cure for Inflation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the funding for public education is provided by the:
(b) federal government
2. Which of the following is not a method of unions securing higher wages?
(a) restricting jobs
(b) collusion with the employer
(c) enforcing a higher wage
(d) the free market
3. What must an interstate public carrier have in order to operate?
(a) certificate of public convenience and necessity
(b) none of the above
(c) a big trucking company
(d) permission from the state
4. Government expands through all but:
(b) welfare programs
(c) private enterprise
(d) regulatory activities
5. What functions as the central bank for the United States?
(a) the Bank of England
(b) Chase Bank
(c) the Bank of the United States
(d) the Federal Reserve System
Short Answer Questions
1. Parents who send their children to private schools:
2. International trade theory is based on:
3. The Department of Energy was formed in response to the:
4. According to Friedman, the way to cure inflation is to:
5. Regarding the depression, Roosevelt's adviser's believed in:
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)